TRUE BLOOD - on HBO - SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: TRUE BLOOD - new series on HBO

I watched the previews of this and it looks like a vampire soap opera; I'm not at all interested.
The HBO *****$ should pull the plug on this and give us Preacher!

Am I the only one who remembers the days when vampires used to be badass and scary? I like my vamps being ancient, bloodsucking, demonic, ghouls from hell. Give me Christopher Lee over those pansy romance novel Twilight/True Blood characters any day.

Yea, my wife is into all that twilight, moonlight sexy vampire stuff. They keep chaning all the rules and stuff. Cheez

I watched the previews of this and it looks like a vampire soap opera; I'm not at all interested.
The HBO *****$ should pull the plug on this and give us Preacher!

It's not really a soap IMO. Almost a spoof.

This show is about on level as being serious, as that Co Ed confidetial series on cinemax.

You sir have obviously never seen Cop Rock!

I liked Cop Rock!

But you obviously haven't seen any Jerry O'Connell sitcom. Saw the first episode of his new one - Do Not Disturb last night -- PYEW!

I liked Cop Rock!

But you obviously haven't seen any Jerry O'Connell sitcom. Saw the first episode of his new one - Do Not Disturb last night -- PYEW!

:lol Yeah, his track record...not so good...

:lol Yeah, his track record...not so good...

I liked Kangaroo Jack!

:p
Cloud said:
It's not really a soap IMO. Almost a spoof.

This show is about on level as being serious, as that Co Ed confidetial series on cinemax.
I didn't really see any mission in the series previews. It just looked to me that the story centers around the relationships between vampire and human characters. Pretty much soap opera territory for me.

Last edited:

Really enjoyed the second episode... I'm really not at all into the goth/sexy vampire crap. But this is a fun story line and seems to do a fairly good job (w/tongue firmly in cheek) of looking at social justice issues with the extreme example of vampires.

Really enjoyed the second episode... I'm really not at all into the goth/sexy vampire crap. But this is a fun story line and seems to do a fairly good job (w/tongue firmly in cheek) of looking at social justice issues with the extreme example of vampires.

Yup, I liked it too. Like you, I am not into the "goth/sexy vamp crap", in fact it is usually enough to completely turn me off to something, but this seems like a good story so far.

Yeah, its kind of a bummer that Vampires have been co-opted by guys that look like Rory :lol

Yeah :lol

I hate the current idea of what a vampire is. The goth club kid type, eye liner, leather wearing techno listening ****** bags.

I loved that the fat red neck that looked like Larry the cable guy was a vampire.

I can't stand the glam vamp look either, which is one of the biggest reasons I liked Near Dark so much. This show is pretty cool so far. I love the cliffhangers so far.

So is the second episode worth watching then? I DVR'd it last night and was on the fence as to whether I was going to watch it or not.

I dig it. As with all shows, you are just now getting to know all of the characters. Nothing absolutely ground breaking going on so far, but it's still good to watch. Oh, and there is lots of...um...adult content...

Back