TRUE BLOOD - on HBO - SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: TRUE BLOOD - new series on HBO

Anna Paquin and vampires - this should be geek heaven but no one's started a thread yet?

I've been following the documentaries HBO has inundated us with for the past 2 weeks and I'm very interested in this series. It could be the next Buffy.

I looooooove Vampire shows! I don't get HBO though. :(!

I thought the show was pretty good. The ending was messed up though.
Spoiler Spoiler:
I will definitely keep watching. As for Twilight...hmmm I think that will be weak. Like The Hills but with vamps. Unless i am missing something. I haven't seen to many previews for it.

Caught the premier last night and I really enjoyed it. I like the premise of the show, that Vampires have made their existence known to the world and are just trying to co-exist with humans. The whole 'Vampire Rights' thing reminded me a bit of the X-Men and society's reluctance to accept them. I also thought the synthethic 'Tru Blood' created to nourish (and keep them from eating humans) them was a cool idea and Anna Paquin and the rest of the cast are good as well. I'll be watching for as long as this goes on.

I thought the show was pretty good. The ending was messed up though.
Spoiler Spoiler:
I totally agree and she already showed a bit of that last night, I think she'll be a force to be reckoned with once she gets a hang of it. As 'Bill' said, she's "more than human".

...As for Twilight...hmmm I think that will be weak. Like The Hills but with vamps. Unless i am missing something. I haven't seen to many previews for it.
Don't tell BadMoon that, he's really looking forward to it. Have you seen his gay ass sig? :lol

Caught the premier last night and I really enjoyed it. I like the premise of the show, that Vampires have made their existence known to the world and are just trying to co-exist with humans. The whole 'Vampire Rights' thing reminded me a bit of the X-Men and society's reluctance to accept them. I also thought the synthethic 'Tru Blood' created to nourish (and keep them from eating humans) them was a cool idea and Anna Paquin and the rest of the cast are good as well. I'll be watching for as long as this goes on.

i felt the same way about the show. aside from the poorly rendered southern accents, I thought it was good. it's definitely a great premise and I like all the little touches, hopefully though the acting/plot pan out. either way though I think I'll enjoy it.

i felt the same way about the show. aside from the poorly rendered southern accents, I thought it was good. it's definitely a great premise and I like all the little touches, hopefully though the acting/plot pan out. either way though I think I'll enjoy it.
But see, I don't mind the bad accents and acting as this show doesn't take itself too seriously and that's what I like about it. Keeps it fun! :D

I thought that was a fun idea as well... and I really had no idea that was part of the series going into it. But they did a great job of setting-up the premise and getting the audience to accept it.

Loved the "God Hates Fangs" sign; very relevant.

I thought that was a fun idea as well... and I really had no idea that was part of the series going into it. But they did a great job of setting-up the premise and getting the audience to accept it.

Loved the "God Hates Fangs" sign; very relevant.
Yeah, their were several great terms used in last nights episode, 'Fang Bangers' (a person who has sex with Vampires) was one that made me laugh. :lol

I also thought it was cool that
Spoiler Spoiler:

Surely I can't be the only one here that thought this was one of the worst shows ever put on tv?

Seconded. An hour of TV starring vampires, and the most action we got is Anna Paquin hitting a guy in the shoulder with a chain? And don't even get me started on her annoying best friend with the horrible customer service skills...

:banghead

I'm willing to give the second episode a shot, if only to see if there's some kind of violent payoff to the cliffhanger ending, but it'd have to be one hell of a fight. I get the feeling the show'll be more about the relationship between Anna's character and the vampire, how they're from two different worlds and involved in a romance that society will never embrace. It's Beauty and the Beast all over again.

Well, if people don't like it, no one is holding a gun to your mother's head telling you to watch it or they will blow her brains out. Just don't watch. I think it's a fun show, more campy that seriuous and ^^^^.

And no action?? The parking lot scene both time was pretty good, especially the ending scene for the show!!
Spoiler Spoiler:

And it might help to understand the direction of the show if you knew something about the show. That always helps if you understand the source material. :monkey3

Back