TRUE BLOOD - on HBO - SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: TRUE BLOOD - new series on HBO

Surely I can't be the only one here that thought this was one of the worst shows ever put on tv?

I don't think it was the worst, but I would not invest much time in the show. Like all HBO series, they will pull the plug on it before it is finished.

Worse than The Craptacular Chronicles of Sarah Connor?!?!?!?

Impossible.

Never seen it so I couldn't compare. I only watched this because it came on before Entourage. I find it hard to believe though that any show on any network has or had worst acting than this one.

Well, if people don't like it, no one is holding a gun to your mother's head telling you to watch it or they will blow her brains out. Just don't watch. I think it's a fun show, more campy that seriuous and ^^^^.

And no action?? The parking lot scene both time was pretty good, especially the ending scene for the show!!

And it might help to understand the direction of the show if you knew something about the show. That always helps if you understand the source material. :monkey3

Sorry, but if the only way to enjoy the show is to research the source material, then there's something wrong with the writing. I never read a Dexter book in my life, but I'd rank that show in my top 5 without hesitation.

I think the problem is that the show was promoted to me as being something it's not. Everyone who told me to watch the premiere explained it as a sort of X-Files, but with a psychic girl teaming up with a vampire to solve crimes/mysteries. But what I got last night is Dawson's Creek meets Interview with the Vampire.

It's not my cup of tea, but hey, more power to you if you enjoy it.

It was never sold as an X-Files type show. Everything I've seen has presented it as a tongue-in-cheek Southern Gothic, and that's exactly what it is. Considering not a single one of the actors is from the South, or even the US - I thought the accents were okay.

I wasn't blown away by the first episode - but Anna is charming and the premise is intriguing, so I'll continue to watch. It seems like the mystery will be a season long thing.

...I think the problem is that the show was promoted to me as being something it's not. Everyone who told me to watch the premiere explained it as a sort of X-Files, but with a psychic girl teaming up with a vampire to solve crimes/mysteries...
How in the ^^^^ did they get that from watching the previews? :confused: Nothing about them made the show seem that way. As SickBoy said, if you don't like it don't watch, simple as that.

I think it's very promising and so far I like all the characters, I also can't wait for them to introduce more vampires and baddies. :rock

Yeah, like DLD and Ill said, how the hell did they get that crap out of the previews?? :lol

I like the campiness of it. The humor is what makes it fun to watch. Hey, just give me more Sookie and hot naked vamp chicks and a werewolf and I'm good!!

I know they gotta show some hot naked vamp chicks!! Come one HBO!!!!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, like DLD and Ill said, how the hell did they get that crap out of the previews?? :lol

I like the campiness of it. The humor is what makes it fun to watch. Hey, just give me more Sookie and hot naked vamp chicks and a werewolf and I'm good!!

Spoiler Spoiler:

:horror:horror:horror

Spoiler Spoiler:

I didn't watch any trailers or fake docs or whatever they did to promote this show and I've never seen an episode or movie of X-files, so for me I went in fresh not knowing what to expect. But I'll stand by my review as it being the worst acting I've ever seen on any level of entertainment, and just an all around terrible show. I'd be shocked if this lasts a full run.

Impossible.

Shaaaaadup. That show rocks. I like it better then T3.

Only 6 more hours! Yey!

And Woff....having not seen the show, but I know your not a fan at all of camp. You dont like any of Raimi's films, and other campy fun flicks....so its pretty much a givin you wouldnt like this. :)

Shaaaaadup. That show rocks. I like it better then T3.

Only 6 more hours! Yey!

And Woff....having not seen the show, but I know your not a fan at all of camp. You dont like any of Raimi's films, and other campy fun flicks....so its pretty much a givin you wouldnt like this. :)

That's not true. I love Evil Dead and Army of Darkness, and like plenty of campy movies, in fact I've got my PVR set to record Slither tonight in HD so I can watch it again. This to me however wasn't trying to be campy, it came off as campy. There's a big difference. I'll admit though that I was so distracted by how bad the acting is it was hard to really give the story a fair shake.

Oh ok. Funny you pick those 3, because those are the exact same three I was going to use as an example.

I guess you needed to up the anti with Guru huh?

But yeah, True Blood looked like fun, but the acting did look shody. So i'll check it out on OnDemand.

I think the opening scene with Bubba Vlad set the tone very well for the series. It's obviously going for tongue-in-cheek rather than outright camp and I think they hit it very well.

And HBO usually commits to 6 or 13, so I assume that all the episodes are shot that are going to be shot unless it gets picked up.

Not really, because those two are the only thing Raimi has ever done worth a damn IMO.

Fair enough...but I respectfully disagree. Darkman is one of my favorite hero movies, Quick and the Dead is my favorite western....I dont like them all that much, so Raimi's touch helps, and I love Spider-Man, and 2....3 is a load of ^^^^ though. But, to each is own.

Impossible.

Come now King, Sarah Chronicles sucks the hard one. James Cameron must be rolling in his grave. Also TB was fun in a classic HBO Tales from the Crypt/Perversions of Science kind of way. I'll check it out.

I missed this on Sunday night, but thank you tivo!! I finally got to sit down and watch it. I really really enjoyed it, been a fan of Anna's for some time....as well as anything doing with vampires (Buffy is my all time fav show, so there ya go). The ending of the premiere left me wanting more, can't wait to see how things play out all season.

Come now King, Sarah Chronicles sucks the hard one. James Cameron must be rolling in his grave. Also TB was fun in a classic HBO Tales from the Crypt/Perversions of Science kind of way. I'll check it out.

Its no worse then the last ^^^^ty films Cameron has made recently. Im talkin about those damned ocean docs. God they're boring.

Back