Trophies / Achievements

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you care about Achievements/Trophies??

• Total voters

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
Are you a whore?? I'm curious as to how many people actually care about these, and to what extent they go to get them for every game. My brother thought it was funny because I haven't played God of War 3 in a couple months, but I won't trade/sell it because I only have 1 trophy left to get for it. Does anyone else do this??

For games that I don't care that much about, if I'm going to play them I play them on console to get the achievements. But if it's a special game I'll go PC for better graphics.

I am a trophy whore for a good amount of games. I do like to get the platinum, but I only end up doing it if I enjoyed the game enough. I think I have about 11 or 12 platinums, and my proudest ones are Bayonetta and Demon's Souls. Bayonetta only took about 25 hours, but it was still pretty tough at times. Demon's Souls took me about 120 hours, but damn, I enjoyed a lot of it. Regrettably, about 40 hours of that was just grinding to get ores for weapons and stuff, but I felt proud.

In any case, it is nice to have something to show for what you achieve, and that's why I enjoy them. And I love bragging rights.:lol

Once I've completed a game, if it was one I enjoyed and want to play again, I will often attempt to get trophies/achievements or whatever just to make that second (or third or fourth etc.) play through more challenging, entertaining and such rather than a straight play through.

yea im a Achievement whore also it makes the game more interesting

I used to care, but as the years have gone by they start to lose their appeal. I think the term "e-peen" describes them pretty accurately at this point.

I love getting achievements but once I hit a certain point (I'm at around 31 thousand +) it didn't matter as much anymore. I will read the achieve list for a game on IGN or something but that's only so I don't miss out on easy or level specific ones. I definitely don't ever try to get them all anymore.

Some of them are just really crazy hard too and I'd rather be on to the next game then trying over and over to get an achievement.

I only bother getting them for games I really like playing. I'm not sure if I'll ever get the Platinum for GoW 3 because I don't feel like breaking my controller, but it's one of those games that I think it's an actual achievement (get it) when you get all the trophies.

I actually thought the God of War 3 Trophies were pretty easy. The "I'll Take the Physical Challenge" trophy from God of War was waaaay harder... Damn you challenge 10!!

I wouldn't say I'm a trophy whore but if I enjoy the game and think that It's within my ability to get the Platinum then I'll put some time into getting it. I currently have 11 Platinum’s and the only one that really had me tearing my hair out was Mirror's Edge, the Chapter 9 Speedrun was a major pain in the ass!

Lol...the physical challenge trophy wasn't hard for me. It's the trophy for completing it on the hardest difficulty that's giving me problems.

I must admit the big red Cerberus and his Satyr cronies gave me allot of trouble towards the end of the game on Titan difficulty.

I hate those Satyr's.

I am a trophy whore, I have about 10 platinums and that includes a couple of easy games that I rented just to add to that overall score. I don't let my trophy whoring get in the way of game trading though, or at least I try not to.

I only have 2 games where I got all trophies/achievments and that is Dead Space and Resident Evil 5 (though when I got the Gold Edition it added more trophies so now I don't have all the trophies for the PS3 version). I really don't care to much for trophies/achievments, but there are a few games where I got more than others.

I was a trophy whore before my daughter was born...kind of difficult to be now :lol

But before I stopped gaming hardcore I bought games with the intent of platinuming them, and did so with Uncharted 1&2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Infamous, Xmen Origins:Wolverine, Assassin's Creed 2 and Darksiders for PS3.

It would actually get me angry when games like Killzone 2 threw in trophies like "Achieve #1 in online multiplayer" that kept me (and 99% of the rest of the fans) from obtaining the platinum trophy :slap

It would actually get me angry when games like Killzone 2 threw in trophies like "Achieve #1 in online multiplayer" that kept me (and 99% of the rest of the fans) from obtaining the platinum trophy :slap

Yeah stuff like that is nearly impossible. I don't mind online ones for kills or matches completed/won. At least then it's a specific target to aim for. Being number 1 online in matchmaking is crazy.

I didn't really see an answer that fit for me. If I'm playing a game I love, I find it fun to try and get all the achievements I can. This is not why I play the game though - it's just an additional challenge. Am I an achievement whore - hardly - since there have only been a couple games where I actually tried to get all the achievements. I do not find them to be a distraction - as I said, if it's a game I like - it's fun to try and get as many as I can - but if I don't get them all - it's no big deal.

i wouldn't say i play only for achievements, but it is definitely an motivating factor. i will try to optimize the playthru to get as many as possible and not just obtain them by accident. but i have played some games that i wouldn't have played otherwise had it not been for the achievements. a brilliant manuever by microsoft that every developer has jumped on pretty much now.

Are you a whore?? I'm curious as to how many people actually care about these, and to what extent they go to get them for every game. My brother thought it was funny because I haven't played God of War 3 in a couple months, but I won't trade/sell it because I only have 1 trophy left to get for it. Does anyone else do this??

I liked how u left it so we can see who voted for what so we can all judge them!! :lol

STFU and PLAY n00bz!!! :mad:

Back