Trophies / Achievements

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you care about Achievements/Trophies??

• Total voters
All depends on the game and the system. Some I try to get 100%, other games it's just nice to get an achievement or trophy, especially when you aren't trying to get it. And some I try to do, I did the mile high challenge in COD4, twice in one day. I was rather proud of that.

I love going for achievements as it helps me feel i get the most out of my game. I almost never go for online achievements though. I think i have like 15 completed games on xbox...

Daaaaamn jex.....15...100% complete achievements? That's a nice accomplishment man.

I have one :lol out of 31K in achievement points and that was COD 2...1000'd that bit**!

^^^Lol that's a lot of games. I have maybe 25 combined between the 360 and PS3. I wish I had the patience to go back and unlock trophies for games that have been patched to include them.

^^^Lol that's a lot of games. I have maybe 25 combined between the 360 and PS3. I wish I had the patience to go back and unlock trophies for games that have been patched to include them.

:lol Well hairless whether you are talking to myself or biojex...what you really meant to say is what a waste of a life! :lol

It would actually get me angry when games like Killzone 2 threw in trophies like "Achieve #1 in online multiplayer" that kept me (and 99% of the rest of the fans) from obtaining the platinum trophy :slap

I agree 100% While I understand having some trophies that relate to online play, some of us happen to have lives and will never be able to get.

On most games, I'll play through getting whatever trophies I can. Later on, I'll go on specific trophy hunts until I either get platinum or find one that I just cannot do. (the asteroid field in Deadspace comes to mind.)

Not really. I had a friend that was going to school up in Chicago to finish his doctorate and all he did at night was play games. He has to have well over 100 completed games with 1000g.

Not really. I had a friend that was going to school up in Chicago to finish his doctorate and all he did at night was play games. He has to have well over 100 completed games with 1000g.

So your sayin' I got a chance :yess:

It's either get all the achievements or sit here staring at the boards, hitting F5 every 10 seconds :lol what else am I gonna do? :dunno

Wow man...you are pathetic.

(stops hitting F5 and shuts his laptop to go play Modern Warfare)

This is a tricky poll. I did vote Yes, I only play games to get the trophies/achievements. But, it is also for the game itself. What the trophies/achievements do is makes me want to continue to play the game more than once. Before, it was play the game once then move on to the next.

I play games more that have fun achievements. This is the biggest problem for the Wii for me (and soon the 3DS) that they don't have achievements.

Hmm....I wonder what Nintendo would name them. Medals? Awards?? The good names are already taken. I also wish that the PSP had trophy support. I know it would give me more incentive to play my games more.

I always wanted to get all the trophies, but alot of times there were trophies you could only get on multiplayer, which I never do. Then Arkham Asylum came along and I didn't have to so I managed to get platinum on that, but then I realized nothing special happens and I've lost all interest in getting trophies.

I also think it is dumb that half the trophies are things you get during the normal course of playing the game.

I used to care heavily about trophies, but dont really mind them as much anymore.

No one on my friend lists really gives a damn about them, because they mostly stick to the COD & Madden series, so I really dont have to many people to compare points with; so it would be a waste to try to get them all, as no one would really see all the hard work ive gone through.

Now I only proceed to platinum the more easier games. I just dont have the urge or patience to get every reward for each game anymore.

I love getting my achievements but i play the game for the game..when im done the game i do go back and try to get achievements that i missed

I think achievements/trophies are a great incentive to get more out of the game. I love watching my achievement score go up.

achievements definitely make you get more out of the game...I find myself playing a game more to get some more achievements..Ive never gotten 100% on any game bc there are always some that are way too much of a pain in the a$$ for me. I average about 700/1000 on each game...

Back