Tron: Uprising

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was. But if you've ever read anything the producers, directors, voice actors...anyone who worked on that show, they all said the same thing...while rewarding, it was really, really ****ing hard.

He probably doesn't want to do something like that again. He seems perfectly fine doing odd comics here and there, designing cartoon characters, (Randy Cunningham: 8th Grade Ninja, all his designs), and whatever.

And that's fine with me. Would I watch his "new" whatever in a heartbeat? Damn right. But do I NEEEEEED him to make anything new? No.

Invader Zam is my all time favorite cartoon, of all time lol. I love Ren and Stimpy as well but Zim brought it to a whole new level. First time I saw it I couldn't believe it, it was that crazy.

I do need for the guy to make a new show. I seriously wish he came back, he sucks.

Tron: Uprising Producer - "We Need More Viewers"
Edward Kitsis talks about the struggling show, saying its fate has not been decided.

Eric Goldman said:
Edward Kitsis was at the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour to promote his hit series -- with his partner Adam Horowitz -- Once Upon a Time this week. But when I spoke to him, I also asked about the status of Tron: Uprising, the animated series he and Horowitz are producers on.

Kitsis was very excited to talk about Tron: Uprising, exclaiming, “It’s so good!” when I first mentioned it. However, it’s no secret that the Disney XD series has struggled and recently reports spread that it was cancelled, after one of the show’s storyboard artists, Eric Canete, tweeted it was “sadly ending.”

Since then though, as news spread, sourcing Canete’s tweets, that the show was over, he’s tweeted more statements, saying things like, “Jeez. Before things get out of hand- I did NOT cancel TRON, NOR AM I LOOPED INTO ITS FUTURE AS A SERIES. There. Get off me, Disney Troopers” and “Speculator sites: My opinions are my own & not 100% corroborated. STOP REPOSTING & RUMORING AS IF WHT IM SAYING IS GOSPEL.”

When I spoke to Kitsis this week, he told me, “I don’t know what the future [of Tron: Uprising] is now. I know at the present, I can say we need more viewers. I’m so proud of that show and I love that show and anyone who watches it loves that show. The problem is, not enough people are watching it. And so I would love to sound the alarm, because I love the characters and the world and it’s really… It’s a shame that more people aren’t watching it, because I think they’re missing out.”

When it came to his love of the series, Kitsis added, “I’m not even being like, ‘It’s my show!’ Because Charlie Bean runs the day to day. Adam and I created it but Charlie and a great team of writers run the day to day and there are times when I’m just a fan."

When it came to those reports that Tron: Uprising already been canceled, Kitsis remarked, “At this point, I don’t believe its fate has been decided. So if people keep watching, then there’s still a chance. Please watch. Tell your friends!”

Tron: Uprising Producer - "We Need More Viewers"
Edward Kitsis talks about the struggling show, saying its fate has not been decided.

Eric Goldman said:
Edward Kitsis was at the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour to promote his hit series -- with his partner Adam Horowitz -- Once Upon a Time this week. But when I spoke to him, I also asked about the status of Tron: Uprising, the animated series he and Horowitz are producers on.

Kitsis was very excited to talk about Tron: Uprising, exclaiming, “It’s so good!” when I first mentioned it. However, it’s no secret that the Disney XD series has struggled and recently reports spread that it was cancelled, after one of the show’s storyboard artists, Eric Canete, tweeted it was “sadly ending.”

Since then though, as news spread, sourcing Canete’s tweets, that the show was over, he’s tweeted more statements, saying things like, “Jeez. Before things get out of hand- I did NOT cancel TRON, NOR AM I LOOPED INTO ITS FUTURE AS A SERIES. There. Get off me, Disney Troopers” and “Speculator sites: My opinions are my own & not 100% corroborated. STOP REPOSTING & RUMORING AS IF WHT IM SAYING IS GOSPEL.”

When I spoke to Kitsis this week, he told me, “I don’t know what the future [of Tron: Uprising] is now. I know at the present, I can say we need more viewers. I’m so proud of that show and I love that show and anyone who watches it loves that show. The problem is, not enough people are watching it. And so I would love to sound the alarm, because I love the characters and the world and it’s really… It’s a shame that more people aren’t watching it, because I think they’re missing out.”

When it came to his love of the series, Kitsis added, “I’m not even being like, ‘It’s my show!’ Because Charlie Bean runs the day to day. Adam and I created it but Charlie and a great team of writers run the day to day and there are times when I’m just a fan."

When it came to those reports that Tron: Uprising already been canceled, Kitsis remarked, “At this point, I don’t believe its fate has been decided. So if people keep watching, then there’s still a chance. Please watch. Tell your friends!”

Finally got a chance to watch the latest 3 episodes...
Wow... I know I just keep praising this show, but it IS that good!!

Tagged
Mara has definitely turned into a great character. I really enjoyed her role, as well as Beck's troubles trying to find recruits. And the whole "Tron Lives" theme was awesome.

State of Mind
This is really a complex episode... the whole Keller's gas agent was a very raw and strong. And then the Renegade-Zed team-up was pure gold...

Welcome Home
This was a really amazing episode too... most of it happens aboard the train and they did an amazing job keeping us guessing.
Love the whole Paige-Beck exchange, and I really hope she finally joins the uprising. Also, Tesler is such a great villain, unrelentless...

Only 3 more episodes to go :monkey2
I wonder it they will wrap thing-up or if we will be left with a major cliff-hanger and never know what happens next? :(

Finally got a chance to watch the latest 3 episodes...
Wow... I know I just keep praising this show, but it IS that good!!

Tagged
Mara has definitely turned into a great character. I really enjoyed her role, as well as Beck's troubles trying to find recruits. And the whole "Tron Lives" theme was awesome.

State of Mind
This is really a complex episode... the whole Keller's gas agent was a very raw and strong. And then the Renegade-Zed team-up was pure gold...

Welcome Home
This was a really amazing episode too... most of it happens aboard the train and they did an amazing job keeping us guessing.
Love the whole Paige-Beck exchange, and I really hope she finally joins the uprising. Also, Tesler is such a great villain, unrelentless...

Only 3 more episodes to go :monkey2
I wonder it they will wrap thing-up or if we will be left with a major cliff-hanger and never know what happens next? :(

Saw "Rendevous" latest episode

Saw "Rendevous" latest episode

And it was a good one! That Pavel is a slippery eel.

I can understand why kids aren't watching this though, the writing on this show is clearly geared towards a more mature audience. It feels weird watching it, then seeing ads for these insipid kiddie shows during the commercial breaks.

Episode 16: Rendevous

imagebeoj.jpg

Definitely one of the best episodes of recent! It goes from Serious...to Fun...to Crazy town...and thats all just the intro before the Title Screen comes up!

The ending had me in disbelief and had me wondering if that was all part of Pavel's plan from the get-go, or an adjustment that he made once things got, "out of hand"

This episode had it all! Training, playing, lightcycles, ,Wing Chutes, lightjets, Recognizers, Disc battles AND...my favorite Track from the newly released Soundtrack for Uprising, Track 5: Price of Power.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sO2coBi5a0[/ame]

Maybe but I had doubts that it would go over two season their is not enough merchandise to create keep on the kids radar. But we will see they said the same thing about Thundercats and then canceled it, but that only had a few good episodes mixed in with bunch of mediocre ones.

Well, the difference between Tron and ThunderCats is that Tron was always intended to be the a mini series if I recall right...

I would prefer it that way in instead of dragging on the story just for the sake of dragging it on , but in order to do that it would need to have a defined beginning ,middle and end. Thunder Cats closed out as 26 episodes I am sure it is far more difficult and costly to produce 1 episode of Tron Uprising then thunder cats and even the with all the shows toys and merchandize it still could not keep it from going under.

I am not sure how Clone wars is still able to keep going 100 episodes some episodes are good others are but still quite an achievement.

Is it true this show is cancelled?

Found this (most recent info):

Amid rumors of cancellation, on January 14, 2013 producer Edward Kitsis countered the rumor by stating "I don't know what the future of Tron: Uprising is now. I know at the present, I can say we need more viewers." Disney XD has moved the program in the broadcast schedule to Monday evenings at 12:00 AM EST/11:00 PM CST.

So at least for now, no it's not been officially canceled yet despite all the rumors. :wave

Back