Tron: Uprising

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I remember correctly it was $14.98 and then with shipping it totaled up to $17.96

After I posted i thought dud he said amazon. I bought it, $14.98 plus tax. But it also came with a download. So I. Am downloading it now and the discussion will be held here. Wednesday.

After I posted i thought dud he said amazon. I bought it, $14.98 plus tax. But it also came with a download. So I. Am downloading it now and the discussion will be held here. Wednesday.

That must be the AutoRip feature from Amazon. On certain new release CDs they give you the mp3 downloads when you buy the album. Very cool!
I didn't get that because I Pre-ordered but not a problem since I'm ripping it now.
The album is fantastic.

Check out the "lightbike battle" video that Disney released

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EwmjEhYvoA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

It's not "officially" cancelled as of yet. There is a lot of conjecture going on with the people who work on the show as well as those that work at Disney, but there is no final word that the show is fully cancelled.
It might be on an "extended hiatus" as of right meow, but until word comes from Charlie Bean or a press release by Disney then there may not be an End of Line for the Uprising.

It's not "officially" cancelled as of yet. There is a lot of conjecture going on with the people who work on the show as well as those that work at Disney, but there is no final word that the show is fully cancelled.
It might be on an "extended hiatus" as of right meow, but until word comes from Charlie Bean or a press release by Disney then there may not be an End of Line for the Uprising.

We'll see, but I don't count on it coming it back. It had a damn good run.

True, I'm glad that we even got 1 full season of it. It was definitely better than not having any TRON at all.

Hopefully there will be a media backlash if it does get cancelled because it was only Disneys fault for it lackluster ratings due to:
1. Putting it on Disney X D exclusively
2. Randomizing the timeslot 3 times to the point where people had thought it was no longer coming on
and
3. Having it air only 1 time within the whole weeks programming.

Invader Zim merch (crap) is still sold in stores, and even more popular then it ever was. It never came back, and it never will.

Tron, will probably have the same fate.

Shows like this don't belong on Disney.

Cult show. My Avatar's a character in it. But the show itself isn't the point. It had the same treatment this is getting, and will probably meet the same fate.

Hell, most people don't even know this show exists.

Invader Zim merch (crap) is still sold in stores, and even more popular then it ever was. It never came back, and it never will.

Tron, will probably have the same fate.

Shows like this don't belong on Disney.

Invader Zom never came back because the creator Doesn't want it to come back.
Nick already even tried to bring it back after it was the most watched show before, (It was either most watched or second most watched in Nicktoons I think)

Nick asked the creator if he could make more he refused. Cartoon Network approached the guy for an idea for a show for Adult Swim, guy refused again.

totally his fault

Untrue.

To not totally clog up the thread, here's Jhonen's response to Nick possibly contiuning the series during the "March Zim Madness" thing they did 2 years ago.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Invader Zom never came back because the creator Doesn't want it to come back.
Nick already even tried to bring it back after it was the most watched show before, (It was either most watched or second most watched in Nicktoons I think)

Nick asked the creator if he could make more he refused. Cartoon Network approached the guy for an idea for a show for Adult Swim, guy refused again.

totally his fault

Oh never mind, you were talking about Invader ZOM. Totally different show. Done by Yonan Vasqueeze. Different dude. Totally silly man. That Vasqueeeze.

Untrue.

To not totally clog up the thread, here's Jhonen's response to Nick possibly contiuning the series during the "March Zim Madness" thing they did 2 years ago.

Spoiler Spoiler:

it sucks. But what about working for Adult Swim or Cartoon Network? That channel would literally let him do anything and he never worked with them. I don't understand him he could do something more shocking than Invader Zam and get away with it. He could bring Johnny the Homicidal Maniac to tv.

Maybe he is right about Nick but I don't buy it. Guy has not really done anything lately.

Look, no matter what network he was on, the show would still be crazy as **** expensive. Part of it was the content, the other was the budget.

Simple as that. Definitely the same thing going on here. This isn't the kind of show kids want to watch today. They want real, relatable, things. Or cartoons that make them laugh and go LOLOLOL and then forget it. Or at least it seems that way for the Disney Channel demographic.

Tron was something more. They had a story to tell. They wanted to tell it in a way that never pandered to the audience. There's some REALLY messed up things in this show. Cold blooded murder, betrayal, Totalitarianism, ect. All things that most young children would rather not want to be exposed too.

It never pulled any punches, and never held back. And that is why it's not doing well.

On the flip side, Cartoon Network is benefiting on JUST that, they've changed their market from young children, to all ages. They've created really intelligent, and fairly adult oriented programs which, to my surprise, have not only stayed on for years, but are actually POPULAR everywhere. Kids love them, teens love them, 20 somethings love them, adults love them.

How they did this? I do not know. Got the right people I guess. Maybe the timing was just right. Who knows.

Going to have to go back to Zim for a moment. Even IF Jhonen did bring it to Cartoon Network, or Spike right after it was cancelled, what's guarantee the show would even do well at all? It's a cult show. It's not this massive hit that you see embedded in popular culture. Most of the public probably either never heard of it, or never gave it a chance. So just because Jhonen would have free reign to do whatever he pleased, that still wouldn't change the fact that the show was expensive as ****, and was for a very specific audience.

Now if it came back today? It would be a hit. Because Zim's content is now on par with Cartoon Network's content, which allow graphic violent death scenes, curse words, and really borderline under the radar sexual innuendos.

Look, no matter what network he was on, the show would still be crazy as **** expensive. Part of it was the content, the other was the budget.

Simple as that. Definitely the same thing going on here. This isn't the kind of show kids want to watch today. They want real, relatable, things. Or cartoons that make them laugh and go LOLOLOL and then forget it. Or at least it seems that way for the Disney Channel demographic.

Tron was something more. They had a story to tell. They wanted to tell it in a way that never pandered to the audience. There's some REALLY messed up things in this show. Cold blooded murder, betrayal, Totalitarianism, ect. All things that most young children would rather not want to be exposed too.

It never pulled any punches, and never held back. And that is why it's not doing well.

On the flip side, Cartoon Network is benefiting on JUST that, they've changed their market from young children, to all ages. They've created really intelligent, and fairly adult oriented programs which, to my surprise, have not only stayed on for years, but are actually POPULAR everywhere. Kids love them, teens love them, 20 somethings love them, adults love them.

How they did this? I do not know. Got the right people I guess. Maybe the timing was just right. Who knows.

Going to have to go back to Zim for a moment. Even IF Jhonen did bring it to Cartoon Network, or Spike right after it was cancelled, what's guarantee the show would even do well at all? It's a cult show. It's not this massive hit that you see embedded in popular culture. Most of the public probably either never heard of it, or never gave it a chance. So just because Jhonen would have free reign to do whatever he pleased, that still wouldn't change the fact that the show was expensive as ****, and was for a very specific audience.

Now if it came back today? It would be a hit. Because Zim's content is now on par with Cartoon Network's content, which allow graphic violent death scenes, curse words, and really borderline under the radar sexual innuendos.

your post is good but I wasn't talking about him bringing Invader Zum to Cartoon Network (Nick owns that and will never let go) what I was saying about him is that he could easily create a new show for CN and he never did. Which makes me wonder if the story he told about the return of IZ was actually true or not in the first place.

Back