Tron: Uprising

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed. I was pretty nervous to see how it would end....but I kinda realized where it was going right after PeeWee ran away. Eh.

Maybe one day we'll see a conclusion to this story. Probably closer to Tron 3. They'll release a movie to try and cash grab on the sequel, but it will be made with the same love and care the rest of the show had.

I guess it is what it is. Another show of mine that I love, murdered in front of my eyes... over money.

I don't know if Tron: Uprising will ever see a DVD/BluRay release. Take into account Disneys most popular animated series, Phineas and Ferb, and that series has only had select episodes from the first season only go to DVD.(they are now on a 4th season for that show).
I would love to see Tron: Uprising on BluRay but with Disneys track record on releasing even the most popular tv shows
It isn't looking too promising.
I purchased all the HD episodes of Uprising on Playstation
Network. It's $2.99 an episode for the 1080p versions but they are so worth it!
A BluRay would be nice to have all the episodes and maybe some behind the scenes extras. I guess we can continue hoping for it.

ohh sick ! they are on ps3 network. getting them all for sure. thanks for the info man.

I read somewhere that there wrre 21 episodes, but Disney's not sure about the last two. seeing as 19 just came out I wonder why they don't just finish off the last two?

ohh sick ! they are on ps3 network. getting them all for sure. thanks for the info man.

Your welcome!
I love having impromptu T:U Marathons by just turning on my PS3. Haha

For those without a ps3, episodes are also available via:

-Xbox Marketplace
-Amazon Video
-iTunes

It's a shame that not more people knew the episodes were available this way. It might have helped Disney recognize the success of the show more, maybe.

I just watched the last episode. MAN, they really kicked it into high gear toward the end. I'm going to be sad if that's the end of the show. I'd love at least a one hour wrap-up special or something.

Yeah, that's really all I want. I can live without another season, but a nice tie up would be appreciated. Hell, they can even release it in a super extended Tron Legacy edition, and i'd buy it.

This explains the status of TRON: Uprising and any future TRON tv development.

Taken from the article, "How TV has Replaced Animated Films as Disney’s Biggest Brand Ambassador" posted on March 15, 2013:

Disney X D’s visually impressive and pricey animated series “Tron: Uprising,” based on the films, struggled to attract the channel’s core viewers of 6- 11-year-old boys. The series’ tone appealed more to an older audience that isn’t yet watching the channel.

“It did well with many segments of the audience, but missed some of the key demos,” DeBenedittis says. “It’s one of those examples where if the bull’s-eye is the Disney brand, and you go into the other rings, you take some risks in missing the magic of the bull’s-eye. (“Tron: Uprising” took the right risk and we created a show to be so proud of, but it hit the secondary ring of the target.”)

With a sequel to “Tron: Legacy” in the works at the studio, Disney Channels plans to eventually bring back “Tron,” but it may not be returning as the same show, DeBenedittis says.

Paul DeBenedittis is Disney Channels Senior Vice President, Programming Strategy

See the full article here:

https://variety.com/2013/biz/featur...-disneys-biggest-brand-ambassador-1200324380/

Looks like they have an idea to being it back but it might end up looking like the other animated schlock like The 9th grade ninja show.

Kind of depressing to think that TRON will be downgraded to an obsolete operating system. But at least we might still see the story that we want to be told even if it's not in the same serious tone.

This statement pretty much proves that TRON: Uprising (or a similar idea) is not truly cancelled but only on "hiatus"

Just cancel it, make an hour long wrap of movie, and release the whole thing on Blu Ray. Everyone wins.

To me, that sounded effectively like a cancellation. If they do more animated Tron, it won't be Legacy or have the same tone. Legacy had the same problem as Young Justice, it was too smart and too layered for the crowd it was targeting.

Yeah. I was hoping maybe it'd pick up some interest via Netflix. Seems a little hopeless if we haven't heard anything yet given the lead times.

I just finished watching the last episode.
How can you cancel a show when it's getting so amazing.

I hope they do a season 2
Please !! this show is just amazing.

I think one problem is that they had too many filler episodes and they left the very best stuff for last.

I remember watching the last episodes and wondering why they took so long to get there. But then some episodes were kind of forgettable.

I actually found the whole series very solid. If they'd gotten to the end sooner then it'd have been a short series. But then I like shows that have individual stories in the mix (what people call "filler" now used to be what whole series were made of!) and not just all mythology. If a show was all about the wider story, then you'd have a mini-series, not a series.

Back