Tron Legacy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't stop thinking about this movie! Having slept on it this has definately grown on me more

The score is EPIC!!!

I can't stop thinking about this movie! Having slept on it this has definately grown on me more

The score is EPIC!!!

That's the same thing my wife and I were saying today. She told me she started thinking about the movie as soon as she woke up.
That for me says the movie is something special, a lot of films I've seen this year I don't even give a passing thought for when I am leaving the Cinema

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I had an interesting conversation with a coworker today. He asked me if I caught the hidden references. I laughed at first when he told me but after watching it again tonight it crossed my mind. I suppose a lot of things can be seen differently if you look for it. Just curious if anyone else read more into it.

The number "2" from the Original "TR2N" logo was displayed prominently in a few places.
I kept looking to see if Mickey Mouse would show up like in the first one but didn't see it...
Also on Sam's room as a kid you can see a "Blackhole" poster, as well as what appears to be either a V.I.N.CENTor B.O.B. toy.
We also see a vintage Macintosh or Macintosh plus...

Talking of sequels, I agree that it's set up for Tron to come back. Also Rumour has it that the famous Cameo that appears at the start of this movie is going to be in the sequel as the main bad guy.

I sure hope so!!!
:rock!!

The score is EPIC!!!

Yep, that's the thing with this movie... I almost felt like Kevin Flynn wanting to go back to that world!
Crap!!!! :panic:
:lol

That's the same thing my wife and I were saying today. She told me she started thinking about the movie as soon as she woke up.
That for me says the movie is something special, a lot of films I've seen this year I don't even give a passing thought for when I am leaving the Cinema
:exactly::goodpost:

He talked about the following elements: Quorra's marking, the genocide of the ISOs (Isometric Algorithms), the "train", perfectionism

Oh, that too... a lot of "religious" references for sure, the purge and all that...
but can you elaborate a bit?

I saw it in IMAX 3d in NYC and my reaction kind of mirrors the one I had when I saw the original in 1982 (I'm in my 40's)- loved the production design, the action, music, but thought the story was kind of dumb. Bridges was good as Flynn and Clu and I liked the Olivia Wilde character, but thought the actor who played Sam was kind of flat.
It was a great movie experience (see it on the biggest screen possible and in 3D), but just an OK movie, which was the same way I felt about Avatar last year. I don't think I would go back a second time unless one of friends wanted to go see it. It will make an excellent Blu-ray with lots of great eye candy when it eventually gets released next year.

He talked about the following elements: Quorra's marking, the genocide of the ISOs (Isometric Algorithms), the "train", perfectionism

Well Flynn was God,and Clu, created in Flynn's own image, was Lucifer(Satan)-metaphorically speaking.Then,Flynn was using Occult Witchcraft called Zen Buddahism (aka the Force) (Witches actually call their craft the force) aka, the force in Starwars.
The Grid itself was an interdimentional world representing Heaven and Hell together using a portal through computers to get there.The users are the gods and the programs are the creations (us)
yeah, Quorra's was marked as an "alien" (aka fallen angel).She was labelled as the one who will help the world (Hollywood pushing their 'alien agenda' again).The religious undertone was blatant to say the least,among a New Age Indoctrination teachings to say the least.

oh and ISO technology is a real, government used, technology

Well Flynn was God,and Clu, created in Flynn's own image, was Lucifer(Satan)-metaphorically speaking.Then,Flynn was using Occult Witchcraft called Zen Buddahism (aka the Force) (Witches actually call their craft the force) aka, the force in Starwars.
The Grid itself was an interdimentional world representing Heaven and Hell together using a portal through computers to get there.The users are the gods and the programs are the creations (us)
yeah, Quorra's was marked as an "alien" (aka fallen angel).She was labelled as the one who will help the world (Hollywood pushing their 'alien agenda' again).The religious undertone was blatant to say the least,among a New Age Indoctrination teachings to say the least.

oh and ISO technology is a real, government used, technology

Oh man...
First... Buddhism ISN'T Witchcraft... :slap
Second, Hollywood has an alien agenda?... :lol it's called Sci-Fi dude...
Third, I'm pretty sure this movie isn't trying any indoctrination... it's called entertainment... seriously... :thud:

The soundtrack for me is as good as the Inception one which was and still is my fav of 2010 but man this is a close run thing :)

Just got back from watching it at Birmingham IMAX.
Did I love Tron Legacy.....just about yes....this year Inception got my vote as the best, Tron Legacy comes second. I am a fan of the original, I didn't think it was boring or outdated...I related to it a lot. Tron Legacy looks gorgeous on screen, the story was great...its not meant to be some sort of complex sci-fi film, the original Tron wasn't so why people expect this to be is beyond me. The score was obviously a masterpiece (although some scores from the album were left out and 2 of them not even used, if am right).
I went in without reading any reviews and this is the way I think people should watch films because you shouldn't be influenced by what other people say when going to see a film.

Bottom Line: This was an awesome film, it really immersed me into the whole concept of Tron after watching the original. It was overdue and it does deliver and live up to the hype...

This will be the first film I go see twice in the cinemas

Just got back from watching it in regular 3D and I LOVED it!

Personally I thought Inception nudged it out as the best film I saw this year but Tron is up there.

The effects, the story, the world they suck you in to...just all of it was very well done. I felt the acting was excellent and the pace of the film really clips along nicely.

My only complaint...is that there wasn't enough light cycle action! I need more light cycle!!!!! :)

On to the Tron HT's threads!!!!!

Awesome, I'm really going to try to check this out this weekend.

Wife and I just got back from a showing this AM in regular 2D. Really, really great movie. The effects are amazing, the story is pretty good as is the acting. I thought it was a very fun movie. The younger effects of CLU didn't bother me at all...I though they pulled it off pretty well. :hi5:

After watching the original the night before seeing Legacy I have to say that Legacy is about one million times better. It completely eludes me as to the appeal of the original to anyone, especially to my younger self. But this film had decent characterizations, better dialogue, better plotting and of course no 80s video game graphics (which I don't hold against the original film).

But this film had some major problems too, the most glaring of which I think is:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Another major problem I had was the Clu/K. FLynn video game face. We've seen that they can do convincing humans in CG, so why couldn't they make it so he didn't look like he walked out of a World of Warcraft cut scene? If it had been JUST Clu, that would have been fine - but we were expected to believe in younger Flynn - and he just looked bad. Sure Bridges can be inexpressive, but there's no excuse for how poorly it was done.

Some more info on the Cameo, and why it looks like he will be the main bad guy in the sequel

Spoiler Spoiler:

Question: Did anyone stay past the credits? If so, were their any easter eggs? I wonder this because:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought Clu looked pretty damn good and 1000x better than a video game character from a cut scene...not sure what some of you saw.

I thought the movie was great, but probably could have had 20 minutes cut from it and been ok. Cut out the End of Line club scene and the film would have been much better.

All in all I thought it was great. I'm a big fan of the original too though. Personally I bought into the mythos at age 6 so, hey they didn't have to win me over here.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Some more info on the Cameo, and why it looks like he will be the main bad guy in the sequel

Spoiler Spoiler:

As much as I wanted to see more Tron, I think IF we get another film, they will really focus on Tron vs Dillenger Jr. Hopefully a return of the MCP also.

Last edited:
Back