Tron Legacy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say there were some disconnected things in this movie such as, why hype Flynns retro cycle and then not use it in a chase scene? Felt like something was cut out.

I didn't really understand why Castor was Zeus? They really bothered to set something up there and then just took an easy way out. Would it have mattered if Quarra simply sent Sam to Castor vs sending him to "Zeus".

I will say there were some disconnected things in this movie such as, why hype Flynns retro cycle and then not use it in a chase scene? Felt like something was cut out.

I didn't really understand why Castor was Zeus? They really bothered to set something up there and then just took an easy way out. Would it have mattered if Quarra simply sent Sam to Castor vs sending him to "Zeus".

The Wizard of Oz was one of the inspirations of this movie

I agree that the set up of the bike was anticlimatic. The fastest bike around? really? aaaaaaand he just gives it away.

That and the lack of a Clu Vs Tron showdown seemed like things that should have been there.

Question: Did anyone stay past the credits? If so, were their any easter eggs? I wonder this because:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I did, and nope, nothing after the credits.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Movie was badass. Check reality at the door and enjoy the ride. Don't listen to the critics, those ____ers probably think Twilight was badass.

Spoiler Spoiler:

First I suggest wrapping this in spoiler tags

Spoiler Spoiler:

Saw it today on imax 3d. thought it was great. i was worried from the reviews i read, but i guess i enjoyed it so much because i wasn't expecting anything?

I agree that the set up of the bike was anticlimatic. The fastest bike around? really? aaaaaaand he just gives it away.

That and the lack of a Clu Vs Tron showdown seemed like things that should have been there.

Yup, these 2 things really made it a good movie instead of a great movie for me.

I don't think Clu was Tron's nemisis to deal with. It was obviously Flynn's. So I thought Tron simply stalling Clu was the right move.

I'm sorta holding out hope that the movie succeeds enough to get the sequal and we get a Tron vs Dillinger Jr matchup. As much respect I have for Jeff Bridges, I think Bruce Boxleitner will be much better in the sequel.

At making just 18 mil on friday, it will prolly finish with less than 50 for the weekend. A bit weak for a film of this size. Might be another 30 years for the sequel :dunno

Saw it last night in IMAX 3D, I thought it was a good movie. The CG was really well done and pretty good action. I love the part when clu crashes Zeus's party...everyone scaters....then the daft punk guys look at eachother...and just play another track :rotfl

o-first-look-at-daft-punk-in-tron-legacy-with-more-music.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
At making just 18 mil on friday, it will prolly finish with less than 50 for the weekend. A bit weak for a film of this size. Might be another 30 years for the sequel :dunno

Yeah, I think its just to over the top, to sci-fi for most of the general viewing audience unless your a "nerd". Its unfortunate when good movies get passed by. I'll see this when I get a chance.

The original is great. I dont understand anyones reason to hate it. And this is coming from someone who...A. Never saw the original till this year, B. Grew up with ADD filled action movies, and C. was already watching the movies with high tech visual effects.

I was impressed by Tron, and found it to be pretty original. So whatever...short rant over.

A tie-in 128-page graphic novel Tron: Betrayal was released by Disney Press on November 16, 2010.[52] It includes an 11 page retelling of Tron story in addition to a story fitting between the original film and Tron: Legacy.

For those that didn't realise this was out there, I have just ordered it off Amazon

tron-betrayal.jpg

I just got back from IMAX 3D and I really liked. It wasn't the greatest movie ever but it was a really good movie. I loved the environment. I thought the Production Design was off the charts. It had a real finished look to it. I will say that Clu's CGI pulled me out of it. If they would have CGIed everyone except Sam, Kevin and Quorra I could have bought into it, but with him being the only GCI character it just didn't work. I also felt it was cut down for time. It runs a touch over 2 hours and any more would have hurt it, but it did feel disjointed some from scene to scene. I wonder if a lot was left on the "cutting room" floor. I felt the 3D worked well with this film. I think it could have used more first person perspective shots, especially on the bikes and flying sequences.
Overall it was much better then the "critics" have lead people to believe.

I give it a solid A-

Back