TRON Legacy Collectibles thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a heads up, Series 3 of the Core figures has been solicited by Diamond Comics Previews and the wave is up for a pre-order on a few sites already. No specifics are given on what characters will be included, but rumor was that this series was supposed to focus on characters in Tron: Evolution.

Well, I really hope we get more figures from the movie instead...
We need Castor, Gem, Black suit Kevin Flynn, Tron, unmasked Quorra and unmasked CLU... :pray:

Well some of those you hope for are in TRON: Evolution like Unmasked Quorra, Black Suit Kevin Flynn and Tron. I'm not too sure if unmasked Clu is in there but I believe he is. Who knows, maybe Castor and Gem are in the game too?

Here my Kevin Flynn Disc and Rinzler and Sam Disc coming next days!!!

These cases are awesome - where did you get them? Also, how did you create the under-light for the Flynn Disc? I would like to duplicate some of what you've done here, but I can't find good examples on the web of acrylic cases this big. Again, nice presentation!

Well some of those you hope for are in TRON: Evolution like Unmasked Quorra, Black Suit Kevin Flynn and Tron. I'm not too sure if unmasked Clu is in there but I believe he is. Who knows, maybe Castor and Gem are in the game too?

Yeah, that was my thought too. There's a lot of movie characters that could be in this wave and it could still be Evolution-focused. That info was from SpinMaster customer support and plans could have changed. Castor would definitely apply, and I suppose if he was held back from Series 2 and doesn't make it into later case-packs then he could easily fit in this series.

Great pics - thanks! I can't find the Kevin Flynn Disc anywhere in my region (Sacramento). The only one I can find is being offered privately for $100. Bummer!

Where did you get those great prints on the wall? Thanks for sharing "the tools of your trade!"

Do you have any thoughts on the HT Lightcycle? I'm thinking about purchasing it, but have never made such a purchase before.

Hmmm.. figures I'd want:

-Kevin Flynn black outfit
-Unmasked Sam Flynn
-Unmasked Quorra
-Unmasked Clu
-Gem
-Tron

Don't know if they will get to a series 3 or not, so I went ahead and made my own Tron and also tried out "Tron-o-tizing" a RoC figure and think he turned out pretty cool looking...

Tron001.jpg

Tron002.jpg

Tron003.jpg

Tron009.jpg

That is is an impressive Tron custom! May I ask which head was used on the figure?

Someone in the UK has reported seeing a Disney Store exclusive in the UK of the Recognizer Case. It has lights and sounds and comes with a lot of smaller vehicles - including light tanks!

tronreconizer.jpg

Has this been confirmed a UK only exclusive?

Went to Target to get one of those discs and was surprised to find they had a Kevin, two Rinzler, and multiple Sam discs. Picked up the Kevin to start.

Verdict: They are really nice and well made. Will probably pick up a Rinzler and wait for the Sam to go on clearance.

Has this been confirmed a UK only exclusive?

No, but DisneyStore.com confirmed they weren't selling them online, and on the box they spell it the very British "Recogniser" instead of "Recognizer."

Also, Disneystore.com has two new Tron figures up that no one had heard about. I went ahead and ordered them, but they've messed up listings before so no guarantees these are actually what I'm going to get!

First up is a Rinzler with white lights figure...
Spoiler Spoiler:

5328976138_6f92614f4e.jpg

And then there's this paint variant of the Black Guard that I'm going to call the "Partially Derezzed" version.
5328975898_044534cfda.jpg

Again, even if these aren't available right now it might be a sneak peak at future figures. Wish the first one had a variant head though!

The partially derezzed version looks consistent with the virus infected designs from Evolution. Seeing Rinzler that way makes me hopeful Hot Toys will do it. They can get 2 Toys from 1 body sculpt.

nice to see some new ones! or varients I guess but still cool!

yea if he has the white lights, he shouldn't be Rinzler with new lights but instead

Spoiler Spoiler:

The partially derezzed version looks consistent with the virus infected designs from Evolution. Seeing Rinzler that way makes me hopeful Hot Toys will do it. They can get 2 Toys from 1 body sculpt.

It'd be REALLY cool if Rinzler came with two heads and a switch to change the light color. :)

It'd be REALLY cool if Rinzler came with two heads and a switch to change the light color. :)

agreed! maybe a store exclusive? that would be great. except it would be nice to know ahead of time b/c all the Clu lightcycle figures I've seen online don't have a Walmart Exclusive sticker on there though seems like that were exclusive to Walmart

Back