Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if Halloween Ends will get a figure given the poor relationship TOTS has with Universal right now.

They have to pull everything Universal from their site come new year, given it hasn’t been announced, nor has production began, it won’t happen. Idk if you’re into Neca or not but they’re releasing a Halloween Ends 1:12 figure.

From what I gather, Spirit Halloween has been purchased by Universal Studios. There's no telling what those stores will carry in a few years if this holds accurate.
Did they purchase Spirit Halloween from Spencer’s recently? First I’m hearing of this bro. I wouldn’t put it past them.

That would be devastating to both Spirit & TOTS unless Universal starts producing costumes and masks. TOTS also sells to Party City, but I believe Party City is taking a big hit from Spirit opening up shop next to them during their most prominent month of business.

Did they purchase Spirit Halloween from Spencer’s recently? First I’m hearing of this bro. I wouldn’t put it past them.

That would be devastating to both Spirit & TOTS unless Universal starts producing costumes and masks. TOTS also sells to Party City, but I believe Party City is taking a big hit from Spirit opening up shop next to them during their most prominent month of business.
Here's what was posted at another movie monster forum I frequent.

"I read in Horrorhound mag that Uni now owns the Spirit Halloween company.

They split it away from their Spencer Gifts, and now own even those stores that open and close during Halloween season.

The mags current issue features Spirits full page of new licensed horror toys etc. as well as a history of horror dolls, and toys that Spirit/Spencer’s offered through the yrs.

I think this is the new ‘in house’ company that Uni is reportedly using for all their licensed properties going forward.
This being a claim gleamed through the TOTS v Uni findings so far.
Universal now has even more control over their properties, from design, manufacturers, packaging, et al. "

Universal May be going this route because they apparently ALSO recently lost a lawsuit with the Chaneys. Chaney Enterprises can now offer Wolfman, Phantom of the Opera, Kharis the Mummy, and any other character the Chaneys played where their visage was a unique part of the character.... without involving Universal at all. So Universal doesn't get one red cent. Tots is doing Chaney figures that will be released after Universal splits from them. Shown at Toy Fair. Same with The Glenn Strange Estate and Frankenstein. So expect more Generic versions of Wolfman, Dracula etc....but they bought Karloff likeness outright form Karloff Estates. So Boris Frankenstein and Mummy will be everywhere. as will the Creature, since he is multiple actors in a suit.

Licensing got real ugly real quick it seems.

Last edited:
That’s interesting man, I have a feeling Universal has been eyeing Spirit for years, since they go all out for their Halloween Horror Nights every year, it’s only fitting that they’d want a monopoly on the yearly income costume stores make.

I wish there was a more affordable alternative for a pair of '78 Myers coveralls. I'd like to replace the TOTS pair but I ain't paying several hundred dollars.
The Yunsil coveralls are worth it man, great quality, fantastically tailored, and really the only option if you need accuracy, has accurately placed holes in the right elbow, back right pocket, lower back, & back of the lower left leg, ruler pocket down the right leg. Comes with a well made black t-shirt, only 40-50 sets made from the latest run so you know you’re getting amazing work. They will only get remade if the run organizer decides.

The only other alternatives would be Tots and Sideshow. Sideshows figure is already selling for $350+ and it has awful coveralls. Add another $150 to that and you have a pair of Yunsils given you’re able to grab them for original price.

Last edited:
I’ve been tempted to get a TOTS Myers but I don’t know if I want to sink in all the money to make it look great.

Here's what was posted at another movie monster forum I frequent.

"I read in Horrorhound mag that Uni now owns the Spirit Halloween company.

They split it away from their Spencer Gifts, and now own even those stores that open and close during Halloween season.

The mags current issue features Spirits full page of new licensed horror toys etc. as well as a history of horror dolls, and toys that Spirit/Spencer’s offered through the yrs.

I think this is the new ‘in house’ company that Uni is reportedly using for all their licensed properties going forward.
This being a claim gleamed through the TOTS v Uni findings so far.
Universal now has even more control over their properties, from design, manufacturers, packaging, et al. "

Universal May be going this route because they apparently ALSO recently lost a lawsuit with the Chaneys. Chaney Enterprises can now offer Wolfman, Phantom of the Opera, Kharis the Mummy, and any other character the Chaneys played where their visage was a unique part of the character.... without involving Universal at all. So Universal doesn't get one red cent. Tots is doing Chaney figures that will be released after Universal splits from them. Shown at Toy Fair. Same with The Glenn Strange Estate and Frankenstein. So expect more Generic versions of Wolfman, Dracula etc....but they bought Karloff likeness outright form Karloff Estates. So Boris Frankenstein and Mummy will be everywhere. as will the Creature, since he is multiple actors in a suit.

Licensing got real ugly real quick it seems.
so this might finally be our chance to get a new decent Boris Karloff Frankenstein monster in 1/6??

They have to pull everything Universal from their site come new year, given it hasn’t been announced, nor has production began, it won’t happen. Idk if you’re into Neca or not but they’re releasing a Halloween Ends 1:12 figure.
The only products on their site marked to end are Halloween 2 and Halloween 3. I believe Universal is only the distributor for the Blumhouse series. Trancas International , Miramax, and Blumhouse all have shared stakes. Those movie rights reverted back to Akkad when they didn’t renew terms. I don’t think Universal could (or would) demand a complete retraction of merchandise by their hand alone in the Blumhouse series. I’ll be surprised if it sticks long either with H2 and H3. Merch is the life blood of horror and TOTS is a huge supplier.

Last edited:
The only products on their site marked to end are Halloween 2 and Halloween 3. I believe Universal is only the distributor for the Blumhouse series. Trancas International , Miramax, and Blumhouse all have shared stakes. Those movie rights reverted back to Akkad when they didn’t renew terms. I don’t think Universal could (or would) demand a complete retraction of merchandise by their hand alone in the Blumhouse series. I’ll be surprised if it sticks long either with H2 and H3. Merch is the life blood of horror and TOTS is a huge supplier.
They're going to lose more than just Halloween licenses though. Chucky, jaws, Universal Classic Monsters, etc...

Interesting conversation. Thank you for the dialogue.
So as far as the Halloween 1/6 license goes; Halloween 2 and 3 are the only ones affected?
Thus far that is the indication. If you go to the TOTS site, you see the impacted items listed as “last chance”. And as Dr Phibes pointed out, other licences are also scheduled to drop off as well - Chucky, Jaws, Universal Monsters, and more. One has to wonder if they’re experiencing some remorse for playing so heavy handed with Universal.

Interesting conversation. Thank you for the dialogue.
So as far as the Halloween 1/6 license goes; Halloween 2 and 3 are the only ones affected?
That's where the legalese comes into play. Possibly losing the new Blumhouse trilogy due to a partnership with Universal? I say possibly, because only the lawyers know for sure. I know Universal distributed a lot of Hammer films back in the day, and as such they hold some licensing rights. Like Curse of the Werewolf. So it's entirely possible the Blumhouse Trilogy could be fought over in court. Licensing with multiple partners can prove taxing. Mego had a Hammer license. They couldn't produce a C tier character like the Gorgon. Because Columibia held the licensing right, and Sony owns Columbia now.

The ToTS Catalog usually drops in January. So the speculation will all be laid to rest when that drops. Then we will ALL know what we don't know.

Last edited:
Never under estimate the ruthlessness of Universal if they think they are "right" or "due". They used Bela Lugosi's likeness for years, and never gave he or his estates a cent. It resulted in Lugosi Jr. becoming a lawyer. Fighting for rights of families of the original actors. Besides their own family, helping the descendants of the 3 Stooges, The Chaneys, and others. If Universal is due something in their eyes: they will fight to get it.

This was entirely my point, I sincerely don’t believe Blumhouse has any control over merchandise licensing. They were simply hired by Universal to make the trilogy and that alone. If they had no say in how the films were released (streaming or theatrical) then they surely have no say in products.

Last edited:
The trick is to stay alive

84CC63F5-8823-4824-A4A4-7023A6DA29F6.jpeg

Back