Trevor, please ask Sideshow if you can make them new hands.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I hope so too. A body along those lines with smaller shoulders would be awesome. I'm hoping they will do this, would make me a very happy camper. :duff

And if they keep up their practice of height ranges, unlike HT, and are swappable with HT, I'm getting a shorty and fixing Captain Sparrow haha. I think that's part of why the new body hasn't been unveiled either, SSC's got a good range of body sizes and types, despite that body's issues, and hopefully they're looking to have the same or even greater range in the new bodies.

Now all I can think is "Let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the...floorrrrrrr!!!" haha.

The Force wield hand is too big, even on the regular height bodies. But that doesn't mean that all the other hands are oversized. I think most are proportionate. SSC has the best hands in the business, it's one area where they're far superior to HT even. I can't even look at a Dragon hand anymore with it's knucklelessness.

Completely agree... after the quality of the Sideshow handsculpts its hard to look at some other figures. That was the only real problem I had with the M65 Rambo figure... excellent all around but then really crummy/shiny hands :eek:

The older SSC hands were smaller, but were posed weird.

They said the 'hobbit' body is modular (if you have a HT body, you know this already) and that they'll be using different parts (longer arms/legs) to change the height for smaller characters. No doubt the same would be with a standard height body. Hope they make the body for taller characters a little more taller than they are.

We don't know how the body may turn out to look like but if it is close to the HT body, I'd also like smaller shoulders and hips, too. Also, if they keep the heads as they are (with neck) I hope they shorten the gap in the HT body between the adapter and collar. I also hope it doesn't have the same QC as the Buck. It's so inconsistent.

Oh, and sell them separate! All sizes! Or one body with the add-ons.

Not true, the Buck works great for Dead figures.

:lol :lol :lol

Please get rid of the "left hand of fury"!

Also, I agree that it depends on the bulk of the outfit to determine if the hands look big or not.

On most of the Jedi and Bib Fortuna, they look fine, but figures like Yavin Luke or Bespin Han or even Jedi Luke (without the cloak) they look huge. Same with the heads, the tighter the shirt/jacket, the smaller the head needs to be.

I know it would seem weird to make heads different sizes, but for aesthetic purposes, a little inconsistancy is needed and they should take that into consideration when sculpting.

Last edited:
While Trev is working on the hands, we'll need someone else to work on the feet, particularly the ankles so that wide stanced poses can have the feet flat on the ground. A ball-joint type of ankle is needed, if you will. Who do we assign this project to? :monkey3:lol

It could be worse.

37-big-hands.jpg

Hey Trev, sorry for singling you out here! After seeing your fabulous work on the Anakin PF which has just enough detail, without exaggerating it (wrinkles, vasculature), I just had to ask. But yeah, I imagine it gets even more insane and a killer on eye/hand coordination doing it on the 1/6 scale!

Back