Trevor, please ask Sideshow if you can make them new hands.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAha! I gotta say while I'm happy you think I could make some nice hands...I'm not the guy to do it! They're one of my biggest weaknesses. I actually find them more intricate and difficult than faces.., knuckles and tendons and finger nails and the complex subtle veins and then you've got the way the skin bunches up and creates all those nice looking wrinkles....It's a really delicate thing to tackle, because they can definitely be overdone.

so, in short: If I get asked to make a series of 1/6 scale hands....I'll run away!:lol
Trev

I think the detail is already perfect in the hands.No need to resculpt just put the force wield hand in the shrink-o-matic for a little bit.

:D

Well, if Sideshow does a new body, some new hands could compliment it. :D

The problem I see is that if they make them smaller, it's going to look weird with the existin ones, unless they release a "bag-o-hands"...but I don't think so...

I guess we will have mismatch eventually, that's why they should get started now....(note: for the sensitive ones here, that's a request and not a demand) :maul

The problem I see is that if they make them smaller, it's going to look weird with the existin ones, unless they release a "bag-o-hands"...but I don't think so...

Only if they did new hands on the current body, but they're working on a new body so I'm sure last thing they're putting any effort into is doing things for the current one.

Once there is a new body, that alone will make figures stand apart from what's currently been released, so hands will be the least factor at that point of saying "hmm, these look different somehow", especially if they adopt jointed necks.

But you have to admit that they're huge!

They are huge ONLY on SW figures. The hands for their figures in all their other lines are in scale with the figure.

Maybe Lucas wanted big handed figures and the next updated version of his movies the hands will all be CGI'd to be huge :lol

Only if they did new hands on the current body, but they're working on a new body so I'm sure last thing they're putting any effort into is doing things for the current one.

Once there is a new body, that alone will make figures stand apart from what's currently been released, so hands will be the least factor at that point of saying "hmm, these look different somehow", especially if they adopt jointed necks.

How do we know they're working on a new body besides the hobbit bodies?

How do we know they're working on a new body besides the hobbit bodies?

It was mentioned when they unveiled the hobbit bodies that the collaboration would expand into regular sizes, but I think HT and Sideshow had a mutual need for the smaller body and it's something unique so they worked on that first.

I would but I already have twice (and I think they were both for Nash). Not going to do it again. Just look on Sideshows coverage of SDCC.

?? Ive never asked for a link to this topic ever.

I would but I already have twice (and I think they were both for Nash). Not going to do it again. Just look on Sideshows coverage of CIV.

Was it CIV coverage? It should be SDCC, where Brant and Heath personally told many of us about the new bodies in-the-works.

I believe they also mentioned that the hobbits were just the beginning during the official panel at SDCC as well.

Back