Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

Here's Long Hair Inara

Obviously the eyes and eyebrows were just painted in real quick so I could get some idea of how she might look.

Thanks!
Trev
Inara_longhair.jpg

That's one of the best 1/6 female sculpts I've seen! Great work as always.

I'm curious. Are the male sculpts done without the neck also? I'd like to pick them up and would prefer to use them with the TTA neck joint.

You can dremel the necks. Since Mal has an open shirt, I used a TTA neck. With Jayne, I used the Perseus muscle body, which also required removing the sculpted neck.

You can dremel the necks. Since Mal has an open shirt, I used a TTA neck. With Jayne, I used the Perseus muscle body, which also required removing the sculpted neck.

Thanks, I usually do Dremel out sculpted necks. I just wasn't sure if they were available that way too, since I could forgo the hassle of doing it myself. :lol

Your sculpts never cease to amaze me. I'm just glad that you have the drive to keep this line going. Many people give up after making a few pieces of a larger set. Thanks for sticking with it. :)

Thanks, uc7! It has been a long haul, I won't lie. But when you love the material, it's just a matter of finding time to give each character the attention they deserve. I hope I can get Simon finished up for you all soon! I've been preoccupied with my "Back to the Future" stuff in my free time lately. :) (I figured the Firefly folks wouldn't mind letting their wallets rest a bit.)

Trev

Thanks, uc7! It has been a long haul, I won't lie. But when you love the material, it's just a matter of finding time to give each character the attention they deserve. I hope I can get Simon finished up for you all soon! I've been preoccupied with my "Back to the Future" stuff in my free time lately. :) (I figured the Firefly folks wouldn't mind letting their wallets rest a bit.)

Trev

Trev let me know if your MJF will have alternate hair versions cause I'd love to do a Frighteners custom! And I will be sending cash this week for long haired Inara.

Hey Anzik. I love the Frighteners. I may do a slightly older MJF with a serious expression, as you're not the first to ask for that. I really do love tweaking that sculpt. Right now he's been altered for the Clint Eastwood hat from BTTF 3, but afterward I can try that out. Sounds fun!

Trev

AWESOME!!!! I was just watching that with my son last week and we were laughing our butts off till the disk froze halfway through!

Ohhhhh, that sucks, man. I had that problem playing DVDs through my first Blu-Ray player. Drove me crazy. I've been meaning to pick up The Frighteners on Blu-Ray, actually.....

Trev

Does anybody have pics of their Firefly figures next to Hot Toys or Sideshow figures? I want to see how the head comparisons look on bodies and next to other figures, since I plan on picking several head up. I ask because Trevor mentioned that the heads are slightly bigger than normal 1/6 heads, though it looks like some of the later female heads he did look to be in proper scale.

Does anybody have pics of their Firefly figures next to Hot Toys or Sideshow figures? I want to see how the head comparisons look on bodies and next to other figures, since I plan on picking several head up. I ask because Trevor mentioned that the heads are slightly bigger than normal 1/6 heads, though it looks like some of the later female heads he did look to be in proper scale.

I have all Trev's Firefly head sculpts on Hot Toys bodies and once the figure is dressed the heads do not look large at all.

Old Grandpa

Personally, I love all of Trev's sculpts. Although I'd love to see if he makes more heads of the Serenity crew with diffrent expressions.
GRINNING WASH ! GRINNING WASH !!
JERMS !!!!

I have all Trev's Firefly head sculpts on Hot Toys bodies and once the figure is dressed the heads do not look large at all.

Old Grandpa

Can you try to post some pics Gramps? I haven't really seen too many people posting there Firefly figures. It would be nice just to see the pics of the crew.

Got my crew posted on the 1/6 scale Firefly figure thread. Just bumped it to the top of the Whedonville forum. Take a peak.

Old Grandpa

Back