Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

Yes! You always bring out the character Nathan! Awesome!

Man, such a wonderful paintjob, Nathan. She's ALIVE now. Thank you for sharing!

I feel the need to sculpt her brother coming back! I needed the inspiration, thanks!
Trev

No, thank you. I can't wait to get Simon.

Painting River inspired me to bump the rest of my Firefly crew up my personal queue of projects. I still have Inara, Book, and Wash not yet attempted, and I'd like to redo my Jayne, Mal, and Kaylee since my skills have grown a bit since them.

Amazing paint job. How did you paint the eyes like that? They look like they are following you in every picture and not stationary... impressed.

:lol I'm good, but I'm not that good.

Those are three different heads. Last two pics are the same head in different lighting.

Got my crew posted on the 1/6 scale Firefly figure thread. Just bumped it to the top of the Whedonville forum. Take a peak.

Old Grandpa

Thanks, I've just spent half the day going through hundreds of pages of this thread. :lol:lol:lol

Great job Nathan. Love the job you did on the River sculpts. It's amazing how your quality has grown since I first saw your paint apps. You've become a first rate artist.

Old Grandpa

:lol I'm good, but I'm not that good.

Those are three different heads. Last two pics are the same head in different lighting.

Aww man... I feel like a chum :slap

But that just speaks to your quality paintjobs... I couldn't tell one from the other. When I try painting it's always a hit and miss... not one ends up the same... awesome! :clap

The more hit or miss you do, the more hit you end up with. Mistakes are there to teach you. Keep at it.

The reason all three heads look the same is because I paint them all at the same time, one step at a time. If I painted another set, they might look slightly different, especially if enough time passes since these.

My contribution to the latest of Trev's great Firefly sculpts.
2wnu03s.jpg

Some of the small detailing
6s5169.png

Last edited:

Just got a PM from Josh. You are all looking at my latest crew member. Can hardly wait to get that head on the bash I have waiting. Just two to go. This has really been a work of love. I love Trev's sculpts and Josh's paint apps.

Old Grandpa

The more hit or miss you do, the more hit you end up with. Mistakes are there to teach you. Keep at it.

The reason all three heads look the same is because I paint them all at the same time, one step at a time. If I painted another set, they might look slightly different, especially if enough time passes since these.
Thanks. My main problem is hitting that just right base-tone. I either go too orange (standard flesh color) or too weird-flushed-reddish-brownish-washed-out-cream. Never can seem to hit that flesh color or even teeth gum color.

I've just started experimenting with painting and I think you really need to have good base colors. Without those, you either get too orange or too flat. Oh well, learning as I go. :p

My contribution to the latest of Trev's great Firefly sculpts.
2wnu03s.jpg

Some of the small detailing
6s5169.png

Looks great Josh. If I didn't know how to paint myself, you'd definitely be the guy I'd go to. :clap

My god Nathan that just looks AMAZING! :thud::thud::thud:

Thank you.

Thanks. My main problem is hitting that just right base-tone. I either go too orange (standard flesh color) or too weird-flushed-reddish-brownish-washed-out-cream. Never can seem to hit that flesh color or even teeth gum color.

My base tone is usually pretty pale and a little gray. Gray will keep the red down. Work from light to dark.

Back