Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

My River has a long, long way to go. Only thing I have for her is a body and boots. The boots need to be painted all black and I will do that when she's closer to being complete. She is currently wearing Buffy's dress, that of course is not what she's staying in. But I didn't want to take nudes.

DSCN2216.jpg

DSCN2217.jpg

Nice! I used the same boots as you. my river is on an Alice body right now but is unpainted. my new Mal is almost complete, just waiting on a new holster.

anyone got any leads on an appropriate dress for river ?

I found some stuff I'm going with on eBay in the Dolls & Bears section under Barbie. Be careful, most Barbie clothes are cut to small in the waist for TT bodies. Look at the item very carefully. I got both my Inara and River outfits this way

Old Grandpa

I found some stuff I'm going with on eBay in the Dolls & Bears section under Barbie. Be careful, most Barbie clothes are cut to small in the waist for TT bodies. Look at the item very carefully. I got both my Inara and River outfits this way

Old Grandpa

Don't forget that the TT bodies are big in the caboose too. :lol

Here's a small update of my Firefly Crew. I figured this thread needed a bump.

img2374v.jpg

The new bash in the crowd is Book:

img2378c.jpg

img2389n.jpg

The River bash is actually my dad's (Old Grandpa)... since I don't have a clue yet how to dress my own bash. She didn't seem to have a definitive look during the series. I might make her look more like her Serenity film appearance. The body is temporary (SS Faith) and the boots are Faith's as well. You should be seeeing this bash again soon with an updated body and a Josh custom painted head.

img2384gr.jpg

img2385w.jpg

img2383i.jpg

I have an Inara head painted and I'm waiting on get her more together before I'm ready to show her off.

Well, here they are again... in their current state.

img2375p.jpg

Awesome crew bash!

I always thought some kind of background would go nice with the crew since there are so many figures and on display they will take up a whole shelf just by themselves.

Hey Jiminy, Looking GOOD. :clap:clap You've done a fantastic job bashing those figures together. You should contact evilface about his Firefly stand labels. He does some great work. Anyway, well done.

Old Grandpa

I'd just be happy to find someone to do my Mal duster, Im on the one guy's list on these boards, but the list hasn't updated or moved in months!

heres my new and improved Mal from Serenity. I completely re did all the clothes and transferred the head to an Ezio body with advanced arms. I built all the patches and suspenders out of styrene. I'm waiting on a new holster from stevo and I'm thinking of trying to make accurate Serenity boots, as well as maybe making the clasps on his shirt.

Enjoy!

181fdee3.jpg

72321a37.jpg

85f86931.jpg

53804771.jpg

That Mal's looking good! What did you use as the bits on his pants and jacket?

I just realized I never uploaded pics of my painted/"finished" River. Painted her up myself, I realize the pics aren't the best, but all I've got is my iPhone. She's a little on the pale side intentionally to match the PhiPhen (I think that's right) body I've got her on. The head actually matches the body pretty seamlessly, it just doesn't appear so in the pics because of the shadows.

The dress is an altered "Cadence 2.0" Brown set from Triad Toys' site. I removed the arms and altered the pattern on top. It's not the green color I was going for from Serenity, but it'll do for now. I also picked up the boots off of eBay - not sure where they came from. I built the axe and sword from prop pics on the web.

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

I'm pretty happy with what I've got, and I've got pretty much the same headless Simon ready to go, lol. But I still haven't found a duster and vest for my Zoe, unfortunately :(

Back