Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

excellent work, Beeshaw! Man, you guys are going to force me to start figuring out how to make my own figures from these. :) I've always been plenty content just making the sculpts. ha!
Trev

You could always just get someone else to make them for you trev :p

100_2345.jpg

Wow! That is an AWESOME build! Love the outfit, love the custom paint job, love the attitude of the pose. FANTASTIC!

Are we going to let this thread die? There must be more photos out there that should be posted. I was number 70 on Trev's list so I know there has to be more figures in progress. As soon as I get my painted heads back from Josh, I'll post pics of my completed Mal and Zoe figures.
Is anyone working on bashes for Kaylee, Wash, or Inara? Any ideas on where to get clothes and accessories? I'm working on bashes for the next three, so I know that someone else has to be doing the same thing. As soon as I get a few items from Hong Kong I'll be showing what my take on these figures will be. This will show Trev that we are realy interested in the upcoming sculpts. I love to see your work and I get ideas from you as well.

Old Grandpa

I am working on my Mal still. just waiting for production to start back up with the heads.

I just finished making my Mal jacket last night and I like how it turned out. I may weather it to make it look like the one in the show.

all I need now is stevos rig and a head sculpt and mine is all done!

Old Grandpa- Man, believe you me, your figure bashes are keeping me very interested in continuing this project! I'm very busy with some Sideshow work right now, but Kaylee, Wash, and Inara are all in-progress. I'll do my best to get them ready asap! I'm thrilled by the work I've seen you all do on the first three.

Trev

This project has gotten me very excited! Can anyone post the recipe for a Mal? Where do you bash all the parts from? LMK, as I'd love to make a custom Mal and have him in my detolf!

This project has gotten me very excited! Can anyone post the recipe for a Mal? Where do you bash all the parts from? LMK, as I'd love to make a custom Mal and have him in my detolf!

Hey shammgod, here is what I used.

Shirt- HT wolverine (modified)

Pants- SS German Indy (modified)

Boots- Newline Miniatures Japanese Officer Boots

Rig- Stevostoys

Duster- Sithlord McGuyver (weathered)

Gloves- DX Joker (repainted)

Suspenders- Battlegear toys (recolored)

:duff

I can give you a quick list of what I have used so far and what other people have used.

Boots- Newline miniatures Japanese officer boots
https://www.toysoldierbrigade.com/Newline Miniatures/Newline Footwear Page.htm

Pants- Saw one with Indy in german disguise pants, don't know where i got mine

Gun Rig/Gun- Stevo's Rig
https://stevostoys.com/

Suspenders- I got mine from battlegear toys
https://www.battlegeartoys.com/

Shirt - not to sure on this one but i used a highlander shirt. there may be something better

Jacket- I made my own but lots got theirs from SMcG but i dont think he is making any more.

Hope that helps a bit and maybe some other people on here can fill my blank spots

Here is where I'm at:
I finished making Jayne's costume:
pants
shirt with the gun image on it
green army jacket
gators.
Tonight i finished my 7th attempt at zoe pants and I think I have a good pattern now.
tomorrow I will make her shirt and rig.
Looking for a good piece of leather for Zoe's vest.
I have to make Mal's rig and suspenders then paint the heads.
Monday I will be mailing off a couple items I did for friends.
By the end of the week I will be attempting Kaylee's overalls with designs and felt teddy bear.
I picked up some fabric for Wash's overalls but still looking for dark brown t-shirt to cannibalize for his long sleeve shirt.
I found a perfect color fabric for Book's shirt too.
No pics yet but steady, albeit slow, progress.

Then I can get back to my Mule project and following that I intend on doing Wash's bridge environment.

Body: Narrow TT
Jacket: SMcG
Rig & Gun: Stevo (lengthened)
Shirt, Pants, Suspenders: A.J Clothiers
Boots: Dragon WWII German Black Long Boots - repainted.
Gloves: Bank Robber Joker - repainted
Stand Decal: EVILFACE

:) There is mine.

I have completed the bashes for Wash and Kaylee and plan to get photos of them on the thread this weekend. I'm interested in what you think of them.

Old Grandpa

Wow! Looking forward to seeing them Gramps! Can I call you Gramps? Lol

Can't wait to see the next set of heads!

I thought I would post some pictures of my WIP Mal. I am still waiting on Stevo's rig and I think I may dye the suspenders. Comments are welcome, but be gentle!

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

Back