Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

MarfMaster - Amazing job on your Mal figure. He looks awesome!

That really looks spectacular on the TT body and as a stand alone figure its perfect, but I wish there were other bodies of assorted heights. I'd love to have a tallest Jayne, tall Mal, standard for Wash, Book and Simon, tall female for Zoe, standard for Inara and Kaylee, and a small for River.

Are ya listening Santa?

That really looks spectacular on the TT body and as a stand alone figure its perfect, but I wish there were other bodies of assorted heights. I'd love to have a tallest Jayne, tall Mal, standard for Wash, Book and Simon, tall female for Zoe, standard for Inara and Kaylee, and a small for River.

Are ya listening Santa?

I'm using TT bodies and they do vary in size The slim body is shorter then the standard and the narrow one, and the Cuban American is taller than the Caucasion. I too wish the standard was a little taller. River is going to be the hardest bodie to find.

Old Grandpa

Are any of these heads still avalible? I would love a couple mal heads. One for captain Mal and the other for a Captain hammer I am working on.

I think Trevor is taking a break from casting, but I'm under the impression he'll be resuming at some point.

Just got my Mal clothing set from Amy Jones... really nice stuff :rock

No rig, gloves or boots yet; but I'm getting there :rock

I think Trevor is taking a break from casting, but I'm under the impression he'll be resuming at some point.

Darn! Thanks for letting me know.

My mal is coming along nicely. I have stevos rig, newline boots and suspenders coming in the mail. I have a shirt from an old SS highlander figure and some old pants kicking around that I added a brown stripe to. I'm going to put it on a soldier story body which is in the mail as well.

I have a head coming in the mail but it's nowhere near as good as the one here. Me and my girlfriend are going to make a jacket from scratch. We have the fabric that looks almost prefect.

I will post pictures when I am farther along.

I finally gathered the courage to dremel the heads and thus started on painting them. Jayne is first:

Picture015.jpg

Picture008.jpg

I'm going to paint Mal tomorrow.

Wow! Another terrific Jayne paintup! I love the attitude you achieved with the eyes. That has a real Jayne quality to it! Great hair color too! Excellent craftsmanship!

cadaver202- I will be resuming casting in a couple of weeks, I'd imagine. I just needed a break as I was going nonstop in my freetime, and it was getting a little tedious. :) I'll be happy to get you some castings. just pm me here so I can get you on the list.

I'm looking forward to getting more time to work on the new set of characters! It will be some time before I get that, but I'll be anxious to complete them.

Trev

Jayne looks great, nice work :rock

Glad you like it :)

Wow! Another terrific Jayne paintup! I love the attitude you achieved with the eyes. That has a real Jayne quality to it! Great hair color too! Excellent craftsmanship!

cadaver202- I will be resuming casting in a couple of weeks, I'd imagine. I just needed a break as I was going nonstop in my freetime, and it was getting a little tedious. :) I'll be happy to get you some castings. just pm me here so I can get you on the list.

I'm looking forward to getting more time to work on the new set of characters! It will be some time before I get that, but I'll be anxious to complete them.

Trev

Thanks :) Getting a seal of approval from master sculptor himself means a lot to me :)

I painted Mal today:

Picture009.jpg

Picture014-1.jpg

And the two together:
Picture016.jpg

You've made a fantastic job of those ! I thought you said that you couldn't paint ? :lol Some very clean work there. What type of paint do you use - if you don't mind me asking ? Keep going, you're doing very well !

I've been thinking for some time now that a critical aspect to bringing out the likeness is what optometrists call PD -- pupil distance, the placement of the center of the irises. Mighty Jabba, you've got the knack. You display a number of qualities here that bespeak good taste, but your sense of where to position the irises and place the pupils puts you in the league of Painters To Be Watched. I can't wait to see Zoe.

You listen to Gruff, you live longah'!

I agree, Mighty Jabba...your eye work on these is among my favorite. ("I only do eyes!")The eyes are SO tricky on scaled pieces. For sculptors, we have to get the size of the eye right, or else it makes it a nightmare for a painter, and for a painter, you have to, like Gruff said, get the pupil distances right. It's also great to see pupils that are shifted up a bit, so as to really make it feel like they're looking at something. Great work!!

Marf- that avatar you've got is SO badass...brings a tear to this sculptor's eye! :D

Trev

Marf- that avatar you've got is SO badass...brings a tear to this sculptor's eye! :D

:lol Funny, because every time I look at him sitting on my shelf he brings a little tear to mine as well :bow

Back