Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

Absolutely fantastic work you guys! Looks great!

I'm so happy this all came together to make your birthday a special one, Old Grandpa!

Trev

any of the painters here taking commissions right now? I will have 5 Serenity heads that need a paint job!

Wow! That's spectacular! :thud:

If you can find a way to shorten the neck she'll be perfect!

Thanks Mag, in the heat of the moment I failed to seat the head on the neck all the way. After the photo shoot I corrected that. She looks much better as you'll see in the group shot coming up soon.

Thank you everyone for your kind words about my Kaylee bash, and your B-day wishes. I'm still on cloud nine, she really was a big suprise.

Old Grandpa

Congrats on the awesome Bday gift... your Kaylee is going to be tops :rock :rock :rock

Here is another one of Trevs great Zoe sculpts i just wrapped up on.

2192q.png

mwv8yf.png

34gqzpi.png

Last edited:

Just got my Kaylee casting today--so awesome, I think I'm going to start putting together figures. Originally I was just buying them to have them, but I kinda want to actually build the full figures.

Here is another one of Trevs great Zoe sculpts i just wrapped up on.

2192q.png

mwv8yf.png

34gqzpi.png

Thank you Josh, she looks fantastic like the rest of your work. This completes 4 of the Magnificent 9. Now I wait for Trev to turn out another fabulous sculpt. Be posting a group shot of all four very soon.

Old Grandpa

Fabulous! The talent displayed in this thread is amazing! I am in awe of all of the artists here! :bow I look forward to having the time to try my hand at painting these immaculate head sculpts. Thanks for the inspiration, folks! :clap

I was digging through a bunch of old threads when I came across a picture of Trevor's first Mal attempt... the one he dropped and broke last year. I remember seeing this sculpt and mourning it's loss. :gah::gah::gah:

Trevor promised that the next one would be better. And he wasn't kidding.

Here's the first one:

malheadsculpt.jpg

Here's the second:

fireflymalcolmreynoldsb.jpg

What do you guys think?

I was digging through a bunch of old threads when I came across a picture of Trevor's first Mal attempt... the one he dropped and broke last year. I remember seeing this sculpt and mourning it's loss. :gah::gah::gah:

Here's the first one:

malheadsculpt.jpg

Here's the second:

fireflymalcolmreynoldsb.jpg

What do you guys think?

We really lucked out that he got a case of dropsies. The second sculpt is definetly an improvement over the first. The most noticable is the improved hair and eyes. Makes me glad I got the one I did, although the first one is really very good. Better than anything that had been done up till then. I'm not sure Trev ever turns out a poor likeness.

Old Grandpa

Wow, that is a huge improvement. You can especially see it in the profile shots.

But again, the really are both pretty stelar.

I have old eyes. I can only tell that the hair in front is a little different. Other than that, they look the same to me. :lol I'm just glad Trev had the time to sculpt us another Mal.

Speaking of Mal, Kaylee's in the house! Woo hoo! Thanks, Trev! She's just... shiny! :wink1:

Well, OK! I finally have Mal together!

Here are a few shots: (the flash washes it out a bit, looks much better in person, I'll have to get a tripod)

mal-fig.jpg
mal-02.jpg

mal-head.jpg
mal-coat.jpg

Body: Narrow TT
Head: Trev's Head, painted by Commtech
Shirt: SS Duncan MacLeod
Suspenders: Peter Greim
Pants: Battlegear Toys Butternut pants (brown stripes added, thanks to Old Grandpa!)
Duster: Made by cadaver202 (his second coat ever, I'm amazed at what he did! clasps added by me)
Rig: From Stevo's Toys
Gloves: BR Joker gloves lightly tinted brown (thanks MarfMaster!)
Boots: Newline Japanese Officer Boots.
Stand Label: Evilface

I still have to do a couple of small things, like find a better pistol grip glove (the BR Joker one has a hard time gripping the pistol), and replace the leg strap with something more to scale, but he's pretty much complete. I LOVE how it came out, and thanks to Trev's fantastic sculpt, this gave me the drive to seek out the parts and collaborate with so many talented people, this was a great experience!
It's enough for me to want to start another character. :)

Last edited:

Love it! Cadaver did a great job on that jacket!!! I love how collaborative these Firefly customs are. Bodes well for the Browncoats. :)

It looks wonderful Sham, congrats on a beautiful bash! :clap

What do you guys think?

I like the first one better. In the new one the eyes seem to be to big in proportion to the rest of the face. If the new sculpt had the old eyes I would be more inclined to jump in on these. Here is a picture of Nathan that shows what I mean.

https://www.whedon.info/IMG/jpg/nathan-fillion-robot-chicken-skate-party-bus-tour-hq-02.jpg

While both sculpts are friggin fantastic, the squinting eyes on the first are probably the only aspect I prefer over the second.

Back