Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

I shamelessly stole ideas from the other complete (and excellent) Mal's already posted (Marf & Grandpa).

I make no apologies but I will feel inferior every time I look at it...

Excellent news about the smcg coat, I will eagerly await that.

I'm in the exact same boat as you...

I'm still toiling away at my mal/jayne/zoe, but I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the help of others on this board who have produced such amazing work already, especially the sage advice and help from Old Grandpa.

And I'm patiently crossing my fingers for SMCG to start issuing Mal's duster and Zoe's vest and shirt again.

So all in all, I'm right there with you, brother!

I'm in the exact same boat as you...

I'm still toiling away at my mal/jayne/zoe, but I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the help of others on this board who have produced such amazing work already, especially the sage advice and help from Old Grandpa.

And I'm patiently crossing my fingers for SMCG to start issuing Mal's duster and Zoe's vest and shirt again.

So all in all, I'm right there with you, brother!

Thank you LC for those kind words. It's been my pleasure to pay it forward. When I first started doing this stuff I got some very kind words and some much needed help from Elvis1976 and others from these froums. It made this hobby more fun and enjoyable. Thanks to all of you, as you know who you are.

I mentioned back a page or so that I had found that HT made the ankle pegs in a long size. Well they got here today and I put them on my Jayne and WOW!! They gave my Jayne figure the much needed height that was missing. Now he looks great standing next to Mal. If anyone out there with a Jayne comes accross these I'd recommend you pick them up. Well worth the price.

Old Grandpa

Thank you LC for those kind words. It's been my pleasure to pay it forward. When I first started doing this stuff I got some very kind words and some much needed help from Elvis1976 and others from these froums. It made this hobby more fun and enjoyable. Thanks to all of you, as you know who you are.

I mentioned back a page or so that I had found that HT made the ankle pegs in a long size. Well they got here today and I put them on my Jayne and WOW!! They gave my Jayne figure the much needed height that was missing. Now he looks great standing next to Mal. If anyone out there with a Jayne comes accross these I'd recommend you pick them up. Well worth the price.

Old Grandpa

I just lost an auction for a set of those! My Jayne needs alittle more height.

pictures of these?

The ones I lost were t-800 leg pegs. Just do a search for that. They look like long hot toys foot pegs

About those Schwarzenegger T-800 long ankle pegs, Black Ops Toys has then for sale at $10.00 a pair. A little steep price wise, but these items are hard to find and do make for a better, taller Jayne.

Old Grandpa

PS: Hey Entropy they have a picture of them as well

I think I might just cut mine in half then use some styrene pipe to extend it. It's cheaper and I have all the stuff. Went a little to crazy on custom parts lately.

Ps. Just got my kaylee and it's even better in person! Also got my other mal head so now I can make my captain hammer!

I want to thank the members of this thread for a very special birthday. I especialy want to thank Trev and Josh for the great job they did in makeing this a complete and wonderful surprise. At the request of my son, Trev rushed the sculpt to Josh who finished it in time for todays celebration. Both of these great friends kept the whole thing quiet. That's why you didn't see the art work from Josh until now, and as you can see, he did a wonderful job. I want to thank both of you from the bottom of my heart.

img6776x.jpg

img6767s.jpg

img6766c.jpg

img6765k.jpg

img6770.jpg

I'll be posting photos of the other two figures soon, so you can see what a nice group shot they'll make.

Once again thank you Trev and Josh for a most terrific day.

Old Grandpa, in tears

Woo hoo! Kaylee just arrived! Thanks Trev, she's another work of art!

Congrats OG, and happy Birthday! That was very cool of Trev and Josh, very cool indeed :exactly:

Richard
Happy Birthday again. I didnt expect to see a finsihed figure when i popped in here today. Awsome work all around. I really love Kaylee's outfit. I will post a few other pics later today for you guys.

Wow, OG - what a truly awesome suprise!! And to top off, I don't think anybody could make a better Kaylee than yours. Pardon the pun, but she takes the cake! And once again, :happybday !!!

As promised here are a few of the "official photos" of Old Grandpa's Kaylee sculpt. I really cant get over his custom. Truely awsome.

2saeb1u.png

6qbbj9.png

24plbgn.png

Back