Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

Stshammgod that looks awesome!! I'm glad the jacket worker out! We are using the same shirts for our mals!

Thanks cadaver, I love the detail you put into it!

For anyone that's looking for a good painter, I highly recommend Commtech!

Just saw Tonner is selling their Mal coat for $39.99. Looks pretty good, but would need altering as it is made for a 17 1/2" figure.

Old Grandpa

Great work, stshammgod! Your Mal bash looks awesome!!

And I second beeshaw on how great the collaboration has been on these forums - makes me proud to be a part of such a wonderful community!

Just scanned back a page and saw Shamm's wonderful Mal. Nice job. It really came together great. Love the job Cadaver did on the duster. Nice detail on the patch job on the left sleeve. Think I might have to add that to mine if you don't mind me stealing your idea. Love to see those bashes and steal those good ideas.

Old Grandpa

PS: Zoe's painted sculpt is in the mail, Be posting a group shot soon.

Of course you can use the patch idea! It's in the show so I see no reason not to have it.

You will need:
-Short needle
-standard white thread (I doubled that one up so it was thicker)
- slightly darker brown paint then the jacket color.

This is a picture to a close up of the damage. I based mine off this one.

Browncoatbook3.jpg

thread your needle pull the thread through so there are even amounts of thread on Either side of the hole then tie the ends into a knot. Start sewing the design but make sure not to make it to tight or it will bunch. After you get the stitching done get a detail brush and paint a dark upside down T in the middle of the stitching.

That's how I did it.

I was looking back at shamms and wondering why it looked so much better then I saw the clasps were attached!

I just got my holster but in my mess of making the coat and another one for me I lost my mal pants. :-( I need to find them and get my knew body then I will post pics.

Also got my alternate Jayne shirt in the mail yesterday. Not sure if I want to stick to the troublemaker one or his bluesun cut off.

I think I might go to michaels tomorrow and pick up some real suede and see how it hangs on the figure.

I think I might go to michaels tomorrow and pick up some real suede and see how it hangs on the figure.

I tried once and it wasn't so great. The one I made is faux suede that I got at fabricland for pretty cheap. It hangs pretty nice.

Thanks for the offer but I've already made my own out of the same microfiber fabric. I'm thinking of making another and weighting the bottom hem so it appears to have some weight.

Once I have more funds I think I may attempt a set of accurate suspenders for mal. Well at least try.

I have a coupel of quick questions for anyone who has bought Steve-o's rig for Mal.

1) Does the pistol come with the holster? Or is it just the holster?

2) What size is best to get? I notice he offers in several sizes starting at 3 1/2" I think. Which is most appropriate for most bodies, or does it really matter?

Thanks!

I have a coupel of quick questions for anyone who has bought Steve-o's rig for Mal.

1) Does the pistol come with the holster? Or is it just the holster?

2) What size is best to get? I notice he offers in several sizes starting at 3 1/2" I think. Which is most appropriate for most bodies, or does it really matter?

Thanks!

1) Yes, Stevos rig is for the pistol and holster. The casting is a little rough and the color of the pistol is wrong.

2) It does make a difference. Take a cloth tape measure and measure where you want the gun belt to be on your figure.

Old Grandpa

I'm pretty sure I ordered an 8" belt, which as you can see below gives you plenty of slack to feed through the buckle and loop while giving it a nice hang. Also, the holster does come with the gun!

100_6953.jpg

Edit: OG beat me to the punch!

I'm pretty sure I ordered an 8" belt, which as you can see below gives you plenty of slack to feed through the buckle and loop while giving it a nice hang. Also, the holster does come with the gun!

Edit: OG beat me to the punch!

Hey Marf, FYI (and to anyone else) I used what you said when I ordered (8"). I think it's too long honestly. Mine has the pin in the tightest loop and it's still hanging a tad low and there's a large amount hanging out past the waist, but at least I can trim it down if need be.

On a related note, what tool should I use to create more belt loops?

Thanks for the info, guys, that all helps.

So Marfmaster, is that a TT body that you used?

stshammgod: what body did you use?

Hey Marf, FYI (and to anyone else) I used what you said when I ordered (8"). I think it's too long honestly. Mine has the pin in the tightest loop and it's still hanging a tad low and there's a large amount hanging out past the waist, but at least I can trim it down if need be.

On a related note, what tool should I use to create more belt loops?

Sorry to hear that Sham, I'm not sure why there's such a big difference between the way ours fit...I'm really happy with the way mine sits and it's 2 away from the tightest setting.

So Marfmaster, is that a TT body that you used?

Yep, it's a TT alright!

Back