Transforming your Predator / Alien Hot Toys Boxes into Wall Art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: What to do with empty Predator Hot Toys Boxes?

I eat cereal out of my empty boxes.

I keep all of my Hot Toys boxes even the brown mailer box. I need something to put them in when I move.

After looking at your "Framed" Predator 2 box I have decided that I am going to go ahead and do the same thing for the boxes for my "Guardian" and "Shadow" Predators...IMO those have always been my favorite styled boxes the way they have that almost "Hologram" look to them. I never plan on selling these 2 in particular anyway so what is the point in having all these boxes anyway if they are going to sit in my closet taking up space. Yes it is time these boxes finally came out of the closet.;) In person I'm sure these look very classy heck...just looking at the pictures you posted they look really nice. :cool:

This upcoming Weekend...Target here I come. :cool: BTW do you know the exact size of the frame used for the "Predator 2" box? It is no big deal I'm sure common sense will tell me which size will be the best.

Thanks for the kind words... I will be sure to tell her what you said :) Also they measure out at 20 x 16 from end to end. My wife is picking me up 2 more today on her way home from work.

Wish I had the Spiderman boxes Red/Blue Version and the Black. Putting the fronts side by side would look KILLER. Was thinking about that one today.

People really throw away their Hot toy boxes?:thud: Why in the world would anyone do that? :cuckoo:

People really throw away their Hot toy boxes?:thud: Why in the world would anyone do that? :cuckoo:

Because some people do not have closets, garages, storage areas, basements or attics. Its pretty easy to imagine that all people who collect do not have huge places to store huge boxes. I live in a one bedroom apartment with my wife.....with a sunroom. Not many places to store boxes dude. :slap

Decided to try a few new things with this one, since they only had bigger frames. I added blocks of features from the actual piece on the corners and I painstakingly cut the Dog Alien out to put him on the outside of the frame. Thought it would give it kind of a layered look to it. I am going to be fixing the edges that has the cardboard backing showing later on but I already spent around an hour working on it and wanted to break :)
ej6vl.jpg

Because some people do not have closets, garages, storage areas, basements or attics. Its pretty easy to imagine that all people who collect do not have huge places to store huge boxes. I live in a one bedroom apartment with my wife.....with a sunroom. Not many places to store boxes dude. :slap

I don't know about that man, don't take it as a insult cause I'm not trying to offend you but stack them on a counter or put them in a cabinet . You do have a cabinet don't you? Or even get one of those big tall wardrobe cardboard boxes and stick it ina corner or a closet and put the Hot Toy boxes in it.
The box is just too significant to just throw away.

Last edited:

Was about to toss all them out and came up with an idea....well my wife.
This is why I could not live with my ex. She HATED my collection and I knew eventually she would have tried to do something sneaky and throw away some stuff.

I don't know about that man, don't take it as a insult cause I'm not trying to offend you but stack them on a counter or put them in a cabinet . You do have a cabinet don't you? Or even get one of those big tall wardrobe cardboard boxes and stick it ina corner or a closet and put the Hot Toy boxes in it.
The box is just too significant to just throw away.

Dude...You are WAYYYYY off. This is what irritates me about your comment. You think all people think exactly like you. I am sure a large percentage of collectors throw many of there boxes away if they in fact are using them for display. You are right...I had these stacked in a corner for months taking up tons of space and it looked like GARBAGE stacked in the corner. Of course I have cabinets....that hold other things that arn't huge boxes. You just don't get it man...and sorry to say you seem a little ignorant to other peoples situations. I am happy for you...if you want to keep all your boxes more power to yah buddy. Hate to tell you the world does not revolve around you and what you believe people "should" do with there collection ( or boxes ). This is why I posted this thread to show people that do not have space to store boxes, that maybe they could save parts of the cool art and display them. This thread wasn't meant to be a discussion of whether or not you should throw your boxes away......

BTW, my wife supports what I do and did not say a thing about my boxes. I am the one who decided to take care of them and IMO I have improved the entire look of my area by doing what I did. Much better than a big stack of boxes in the corner.:gah:

That's cool you got a wife that supports what you are interested in!! I bet the people who do the artwork on those boxes would really appreciate the way you choose to make good use out of their work. i like the way on the alien 3 at the top you got half the aliens head on one side and the back half on the other side. look forward to see more. great thread idea.

I think I got a few of the Tracker ones that I have lying around. Thinking of throwing it out, since I no longer have the figures. But if anybody want it (just pay for the shipping), lemme know.

A great idea and something new to think about.
Nice.

By the way I sent a PM.

If you don't want to throw them away but need the space you could flatten them and put them under your bed maybe? Or I dunno behind a dresser? Whatever you do with them is your business of course. Just lending ideas. The framing idea is pretty cool actually.

If you don't want to throw them away but need the space you could flatten them and put them under your bed maybe? Or I dunno behind a dresser? Whatever you do with them is your business of course. Just lending ideas. The framing idea is pretty cool actually.

You are still left having to throw out all the plastic inserts...kinda defeats the purpose of keeping the box. I agree though...that's a good idea for those who want to keep them intact.

Dude...You are WAYYYYY off. This is what irritates me about your comment. You think all people think exactly like you. I am sure a large percentage of collectors throw many of there boxes away if they in fact are using them for display. You are right...I had these stacked in a corner for months taking up tons of space and it looked like GARBAGE stacked in the corner. Of course I have cabinets....that hold other things that arn't huge boxes. You just don't get it man...and sorry to say you seem a little ignorant to other peoples situations. I am happy for you...if you want to keep all your boxes more power to yah buddy. Hate to tell you the world does not revolve around you and what you believe people "should" do with there collection ( or boxes ). This is why I posted this thread to show people that do not have space to store boxes, that maybe they could save parts of the cool art and display them. This thread wasn't meant to be a discussion of whether or not you should throw your boxes away......

BTW, my wife supports what I do and did not say a thing about my boxes. I am the one who decided to take care of them and IMO I have improved the entire look of my area by doing what I did. Much better than a big stack of boxes in the corner.:gah:

Ok but if I didn't have the space for someshoe box sized boxes then I don't think I would have the space for a bunch of 12+ inch action figures either. :dunno
But hey it's your box so you can do what you want with it. I just hope you have a good way of keeping up with all those accessories and parts and can also pack them good if you ever move.

Ok but if I didn't have the space for someshoe box sized boxes then I don't think I would have the space for a bunch of 12+ inch action figures either. :dunno
But hey it's your box so you can do what you want with it. I just hope you have a good way of keeping up with all those accessories and parts and can also pack them good if you ever move.

Displaying figures is one thing...storing huge boxes in small spaces is totally another thing. This is however, my last reply to you because its frankly a waste of my time and I could literally careless what you think.

Displaying figures is one thing...storing huge boxes in small spaces is totally another thing. This is however, my last reply to you because its frankly a waste of my time and I could literally careless what you think.
Good I suggest you add me to your ignore list as you obviously are not open to criticism or anyone questioning you and I am a very outspoken person. :peace thread.

It's interesting to run across this topic. I've been considering the same issue for some time now.

My wife and I moved into a new apartment and I managed to finally get a display case for my figures.

Like WolfPredatorAVPR said though, the boxes do take up a lot of space. I have them in a closet right now but I'm running out of storage space. I would rather use what I do have for my figures rather than the boxes.

What I was thinking of doing was wrapping accessories in bubble wrap and then placing them in bags and then putting those bags in something like a shoebox. That way I can consolidate all the accessories in a smaller space.

I hate to lose the boxes because they're works of art but at the end of the day space limitations may push me in that direction!

Back