Transformers MP-09 is???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's time Takara stopped focusing on the same tired old G1 designs and went all out with Masterpiece versions of some of the designs from the live action movies instead starting with Optimus Prime.

Screw that, there's enough movie crap out there as it is. It's nice having the odd G1 piece out there.

If they did Soundwave or Hot Rod in the same scale as Prime and Megs, I'd buy it in a heardbeat. Rodimus... not so sure.

I think it's time Takara stopped focusing on the same tired old G1 designs and went all out with Masterpiece versions of some of the designs from the live action movies instead starting with Optimus Prime.

That would be an excellent idea...if anyone gave a crap about those nasty ass designs..:monkey3

Lets see them do...

Devastator
Fortress Maximus
Soundwave
Shockwave
Ultra Magnus Trailer/body armour accessory to combine with MP-02
The rest of the Dinobots
Power Master Optimus Prime

...UNICRON

I've got to agree with some, beyond Starscream, the MP line has been severely lacking. Gundam, Macross and Soul of Chogokin (amongst others) all offer more exciting designs. Any one from my list could easily be a winner amongst us G1 fanboys. They need to push the boat out. SERIOUS

Screw that, there's enough movie crap out there as it is. It's nice having the odd G1 piece out there.

There's not been any high end, Masterpiece style representations of the movie characters.

G1 has had more than enough homages in just about every TF line that followed it and it's time for a change of direction.
The franchise is moving fowards and it's shame some of the fans seem to be stuck in the 80's and can't accept anything that looks remotely different to the robots from that overrated cartoon.

There's not been any high end, Masterpiece style representations of the movie characters.

G1 has had more than enough homages in just about every TF line that followed it and it's time for a change of direction.
The franchise is moving fowards and it's shame some of the fans seem to be stuck in the 80's and can't accept anything that looks remotely different to the robots from that overrated cartoon.

:lol I love it when people deliberately try to start ^^^^ with comments like this:rolleyes:

The movie is getting its due with the toy selections. I agree that larger scale updates of G1 designs many of us grew up with are nice to see every once and awhile. Why cant people enjoy both lines?

Yep, that's right, so sad that I can't seem to get on with my life because I prefer the originals. So, so sad. Maybe I should see a psychiatrist. :rolleyes:

It's alright to be a fan of one era and not really like the new stuff, so get over yourself. Maybe in twenty years if the movie designs have anywhere near the following G1 still has you can get your MP bots, because that's as long as we had to wait.

The movie is getting its due with the toy selections. I agree that larger scale updates of G1 designs many of us grew up with are nice to see every once and awhile. Why cant people enjoy both lines?

G1 gets homaged in one form or another in pretty much EVERY line whether it's Classics, Animated or the outright reissues and I just think it's time for something else and it would make sense to focus on the newer designs because the movies have reignited people's intrest in a very stale franchise that would otherwise have died a slow death.

There's a lot of movie toys out there already but very few of them recreate the complex CGI models accurately because they're only mass market toys so this is why I think there should be some high end Masterpiece versions of starting with Prime & the ROTF version of Megatron.

G1 had it's day and that was 20 odd years ago, now it's time to move on and do something different.

Yep, that's right, so sad that I can't seem to get on with my life because I prefer the originals. So, so sad. Maybe I should see a psychiatrist. :rolleyes:

It's alright to be a fan of one era and not really like the new stuff, so get over yourself. Maybe in twenty years if the movie designs have anywhere near the following G1 still has you can get your MP bots, because that's as long as we had to wait.

Did the G1 movie make anything like the amount the 2 live action movies have?
Not even close.

Did the G1 movie make anything like the amount the 2 live action movies have?
Not even close.

What the hell does that have to do with anything I said? :rotfl

Besides, if you want to play this game, has the movie franchise made anything near the amount the G1 franchise did? Would the movies even exist if not for the success of G1?

Anyway, back to the original point here: There's tons of movie merchandise out there for you, but very little for G1 fans. If Takara/Hasbro has determined that there's a market for a few G1 MP toys every year then you're just going to have to live with that, because they're apparently right...

If you want to argue that they should do MP movie figures AS WELL as G1, by all means - I certainly wouldn't tell you that you're somehow "wrong" for wanting that, the way you seem to be doing to us G1 fans.

If you want to argue that they should do MP movie figures AS WELL as G1,

At last! I never outright said they should stop with G1 completely, just that it would make more sense to focus on movie designs right now.

And again, I know there's plenty of movie toys out there but there's nothing that looks remotely like Masterpiece quality without major custom work being done to it.

At last! I never outright said they should stop with G1 completely, just that it would make more sense to focus on movie designs right now.

Well, maybe you never outright said it but with comments like these...

G1 had it's day and that was 20 odd years ago, now it's time to move on and do something different.

... You certainly inferred it, even if it was unintentional. It's all good though.

One thing to consider - would truly accurate transforming movie figures be at all possible? I suspect that a considerable amount of the "complexity" involved in their transformations is just a bunch of CG nonsense with little thought to how the parts might move realistically.

That's fair enough, I just think it'd be nice to have a bit more variety in the Masterpiece line than it soley be G1 based.

As far as transformations go I'm not sure anything could 100% recreate the movie designs due to amount of cheating that goes on with the CGI models but I think there's plenty of room for improvement on many of the regular movie toys especially Prime,Megatron,Ironhide,Ratchet and Long Haul.

Back