Transformers MP-09 is???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osakafanz

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Saw a thread earlier which brings me to this qn.. whats the next TakaraTomy Transformers MP-09?

What would YOU like it to be?????????

I bet it's Hot Rod, or Rodimus Prime, whatever he's called.

Personally, i'd like a decent Jazz, or maybe a Shockwave...............or how about a Soundwave as a working multimedia video/sound player???????? i'd buy that!!!!!!!

If they produced a Masterpiece Rodimus I think I'd crap my pants.

Meh, I lost interest in this line once they started making them smaller than OP and Megs.

Meh, I lost interest in this line once they started making them smaller than OP and Megs.

Yep. I still get 'em because they are good transformers but I dont get the same chubby I use to when a new MP is announced...

It should be...

480_robot.jpg

:cool:

Personally, i'd like a decent Jazz, or maybe a Shockwave

Unfortunately Jazz can't be licensed as a Porsche anymore since VW is sniffy about supporting 'war toys' (at least they were a few years ago). That kind of spoils the figure for any G1 fans.

Shockwave was my favourite Transformer and I would love to see a MP version.

Probably another repaint first. There have been rumors about the Coneheads (Ramjet, Dirge, Thrust) flying around a lot lately, and they'd be easy money makers. Other then that, it's probably either Hot Rod, Shockwave or Soundwave, since these three are popular in Japan as well (Grimlock was only made because Hasbro insisted on it, the Japanese aren't that fond of him appearantly).

I think it's time Takara stopped focusing on the same tired old G1 designs and went all out with Masterpiece versions of some of the designs from the live action movies instead starting with Optimus Prime.

Some would say the ROTF Leader Class is already a Masterpiece and it's very good but I think there's plenty of room for improvement eg,

Make the MP Movie Prime big enough to fit the Human Alliance figures in the truck cab & include an exclusive Peter Cullen lookalike holographic driver

Drop the spring loaded gimmick for removable sword blades that could be swappable for a set of those scythe things he used to rip apart Grindor during the forest battle in ROTF

Light up eyes that are the correct color and that can be left "on"

A working faceplate similar to the one on Animated Voyager Prime

Some diecast parts

Rubber tires

Twin pistols

Properly articulated hands

Matrix of Leadership accessory

All that lot combined with a typically kickass Takara paintjob would make a worthy addition to the Masterpiece line.

As awesome as it would be an MP Jetfire with his original alt mode won't happen due to licensing issues with the Macross people. This is also why the G1 version hasn't been reissued.

A MP Skyfire based on the animation model would be a more likely prospect.

Back