Transformers FYI...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't like Michael Bay as a person. Have had friends who have worked for him and every rumor you've heard is true. He's a 'screamer' and doesn't bother waiting until he's in private to do it - he'll rip into someone right in front of all the cast and crew. Plus he's a sleazeball - although we'll not get into that here. But none of that's gonna make me hate his movies; although part of me really doesn't want to give him ANY of my hard-earned cash :emperor

As for Transformers being pretty intense; yes there are parts that are definitely not good for kids. A lot of war scenes that are pretty scary, even for adults. And it's also SUPER loud, so that makes it even more intense. I wouldn't bring a kid under about the age of 8.

REALLY can't wait to see it again! :blissy

Thanks Dusty. Can't wait for this one. Looks like the doubters from previous post will be eating humble pie. Box office WILL be huge!

SideshowDusty said:
Don't like Michael Bay as a person. Have had friends who have worked for him and every rumor you've heard is true. He's a 'screamer' and doesn't bother waiting until he's in private to do it - he'll rip into someone right in front of all the cast and crew. Plus he's a sleazeball - although we'll not get into that here. But none of that's gonna make me hate his movies; although part of me really doesn't want to give him ANY of my hard-earned cash :emperor

As for Transformers being pretty intense; yes there are parts that are definitely not good for kids. A lot of war scenes that are pretty scary, even for adults. And it's also SUPER loud, so that makes it even more intense. I wouldn't bring a kid under about the age of 8.

REALLY can't wait to see it again! :blissy
:drool
thats all i can say!!!

I was already planning to see this, but by Dusty's review it gives me higher hopes this will be worth matinee price. :D

Good enough for me, and the latest trailer certainly looks better than Con Air and the Rock combined! :chew

LOTRFan said:
Good enough for me, and the latest trailer certainly looks better than Con Air and the Rock combined! :chew

I just wanted to make sure you knew that Con Air was directed by Simon West. I don't know if you were comparing TF to other movies by Bay. :eek:

Thanks Dusty! Like the others I am looking forward to this movie even more now. I cannot wait to see this! I know I am just gonna love it. COME ON JULY 4'th!

Nice review Dusty. You went all out! Love the graphics too. Did you do that or did someone else? Either way the rest of us are very envious of you!

I see Dusty made it to AICN too.

AICN said:
Hi Harry,

I met you (and Papa Geek) a few years ago when I worked with TheOneRing.net to organize the line party for the Trilogy Tuesday LOTR marathon at the Gateway theater. You may or may not remember, matters not - just wanted to say how's it going? And congrats on your engagement!

Anyway, 3 1/2 years later, I'm in Los Angeles and working for Sideshow Collectibles - dream job for a geek like me. There are some definite perks that come with working for the top collectibles company in the industry, such as making a few contacts and getting to see some pretty awesome movies before the general public. Transformers was one of these. I figured you guys might be interested in the review I posted on the Sideshow site, as anything Transformers-related seems to strike a great (dis)chord in your fanbase, which is always fun to watch. Basically, I'm a trustworthy source - NOT A PLANT, people... sheesh, I've never seen more cynics in my life than those silly, sad TBers posting in your last Transformers review thread who refuse to accept the reality that this movie rocks. In fact, you can guarantee that I'm not a plant, as I'm cheering for a film which is based off of a property made by a company (Hasbro) which could be called a competitor of my own!

Words cannot describe how great I think this movie is. I went in with absolutetly no expectations, and was blown away by the sheer fun of the whole experience. Clapping-your-hands, giggling-with-glee, bouncing-up-and-down-in-your-chair type of fun. And yes, cynical crazy people, the story is good too - it really draws you in. Some of the editing and music styles are not my favorite, but if you don't have a ball watching this movie, you are dead to me and should probably just shoot yourself now to ease the pain of your bleak existence.

Here's my short review!

Share it, covet it, ignore it, whatever. Just go see Transformers when it comes out - I dare you to hate it.

Later,
dusty

occulum said:
I see Dusty made it to AICN too.

So did Brock! (4th review on the same page) Woohoo, Sideshow reviews gettin' the love :D

Oh, and I would say that we'd post an opposing view, but out of the 17 of us who went, not one of us didn't REALLY enjoy the movie. Which is pretty strange, because we are rather opinionated about our movies here at Sideshow :lol That's not to say there wasn't arguments about continuity and Transformers fandom after it was over ;) But everyone was in agreement that the movie experience itself rocked :rock

I had absolutely zero interest in this film - not a Transformer fan and a virulent anti-Bay fan, so the film wasn't even on my summer movie radar. But it seems going in with no Transformer baggage is the way to go - I just might actually see this.

Darklord Dave said:
I had absolutely zero interest in this film - not a Transformer fan and a virulent anti-Bay fan, so the film wasn't even on my summer movie radar. But it seems going in with no Transformer baggage is the way to go - I just might actually see this.

Yes, Dave, that's the way to go. It wasn't on my radar really until I went to the sneak peek. Of course, I'm not a big hater of Bay *movies* (the man as a human being is a different case entirely)... I like The Rock and Bad Boys okay. Armageddon was forgetable, and The Island took itself a little too seriously.

And thanks, IrishJedi, for my new sig banner :rock

Back