Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon Announced For 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Transformers 3 Announced For 2011

Cool robots, though. Except for that stupid little horney R/C truck thing with the Brooklyn accent. Unfortunately he returns along with some of Bay's 13 year old boy humor.

It has more leg humping robot crap? :slap

Not that I'm that surprised but I got the impression Bay was a little irked by the criticism of ROTF and was going to tone down some of the stupid crap.

Do you mind spoiling some of the "13 year old humor" bits? I would like to know before deciding whether or not to subject the wife to this.

Last edited:

Wow. That tomato meter is falling rapidly. Here I was hoping it might be better than 2. Oh well. Bay only makes movies that satisfy his own 10 year old brain.

I hate roten tomatoes. they dont do a thing for me.

If i listen to all there crap reviews I would never see the best movies.

pffftttt roten tomatoes can suck my ____.

a friend of mine that works for a movie magazine saw the movie already and he told me that people are going to get up there seats and cheer for some of the action scenes.

mega pumped for this movie.

Got tix pre-ordered for this Sunday night. Decided to watch it
in 2D. I'm over the 3D hype.

a friend of mine that works for a movie magazine saw the movie already and he told me that people are going to get up there seats and cheer for some of the action scenes.

If that happens, I'd bet most of these are the same people who watch car races hoping to see a huge accident.

There is nothing special about this movie. It's just... there. It's not a horrific piece of crap or anything, but it's hardly something I'd want to rally around.

It is better than the 2nd, though. Not sure anyone would dispute that.

It's because of thier reviews I rarely see crap movies. They aren't thier reviews anyway, they round up all reviews and post the score. Usually if a film gets in the 90's it's obviously got to be something special. If it is way below 50% logic says it can't be very good. Should have taken note of thier Green Lantern reviews. I have never in my life seen people jump and get excited for action scenes at the cinema and I can't it happening with this. Maybe some 10 year olds will though.

Last edited:

I'm going for a 9pm IMAX 3D pre-release showing tonight. Can't wait!

Oh... and don't base your opinion on the opinion of other people. There have been a lot of movies out there I loved that critics hated. In the end they are people like us and don't really have a favorable opinion over your own. If you love it, then great. If not, then that's okay too.

See it cuz you wanna see it!

I would give GREEN LANTERN the edge over this. At the very least, it's immeasurably more original. And Blake Lively is Meryl Streep compared to this Rosie chick.

If you've seen the first two TRANSFORMERS flicks, you've basically seen this one and should know what to expect. A few different set pieces doesn't make for a wholly unique movie. It's better than the 2nd, but not quite as good as the 1st. That's my assessment in a nutshell.

Some of the 3D is better than average, though... forgot to mention that.

Last edited:

I would give GREEN LANTERN the edge over this. At the very least, it's immeasurably more original. And Blake Lively is Meryl Streep compared to this Rosie chick.

If you've seen the first two TRANSFORMERS flicks, you've basically seen this one and should know what to expect. A few different set pieces doesn't make for a wholly unique movie. It's better than the 2nd, but not quite as good as the 1st. That's my assessment in a nutshell.

Some of the 3D is better than average, though... forgot to mention that.

Really? Green Lantern was a pretty bad movie lol; my expectations are not that low for this movie. If anything both movies suffer from poor storytelling but from what I've been hearing this movie has way more action then Green Lantern. So I think I'm gonna give the edge to Transformers 3.

To be honest Ray I reckon if there was a film made about someone doing a 2 hour crap you'd still be pumped. You love everything. Lol

Because, I enjoyed watching the movie and seeing all the stuff going on. I got what I was looking for in the movie with a story that was decent enough to keep me interested and good enough action to make me enjoy it. If others don't. Thats totally cool but remember what you think and feel doesn't make it so. Sorry to burst your bubble.

:goodpost: :exactly:

Makes it so to me. You're saying that my mind is wrong. If I don't like something, I don't like it it. So it does make it so. And enjoyable story? Jesus some of you on here are easy to please. I would much rather play one of the video games if I want action. At least then you can see what's going on.

No what Josh is saying just because you didn't like the movie doesn't make it a bad movie for everyone else and vice versa. :wave

Still. It's bad taste in movies. It's your decision to enjoy it but it's still a bad film. Some people get so upset. It's a film about robots for Christ sake. Grow up. I'm sorry if my opinion has caused some tears.

I'm not so sure all film is art. A lot of it (especially these days) is almost purely product & commerce. The artistic and creative aspects are almost afterthoughts.

A bad film is still a bad film. I took film studies at A-level and in the sense of bad film making, this fall into this category. It is not subjective.

Still. It's bad taste in movies. It's your decision to enjoy it but it's still a bad film.

Again, that's your opinion. We both know that not everyone will like the same movies, books, collectibles, etc.

Just remember that even though you think that people who watch & like Michael Bay's movies have bad taste...other people are thinking the same thing about the movies you watch and like. :peace

I'm not so sure all film is art. A lot of it (especially these days) is almost purely product & commerce. The artistic and creative aspects are almost afterthoughts.

Agreed. Transformers certainly isn't Art.

Again, that's your opinion. We both know that not everyone will like the same movies, books, collectibles, etc.

Just remember that even though you think that people who watch & like Michael Bay's movies have bad taste...other people are thinking the same thing about the movies you watch and like. :peace

Fair enough but the films I like are usually regarded as good.

If somebody enjoys it, then it's not "bad" to that person. Like it or not, film is art, and art is subjective.

:exactly:

Don't forget a movie is supposed to be first visual appealing; that's why it's called moving pictures. If the action sequences are amazing then this would be considered awesome visually.

Back