Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon Announced For 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Transformers 3 Announced For 2011

I actually liked ROTF...the start was pretty cool...yeah the humans spoiled it a lot,the gags got a bit too much in the end...and they dropped the ball with Devestator and The Fallen.
Other than that,it had the mindless action i see in the cartoons ;)
Im sure this one will deliver exactly the same....and i will like it ;)

How was Transformers 2 enjoyable? How? It was just..it was worse than AvP:R.

It's unbearable.

Not asking for an oscar winner, cool if it's just mindless action..but still. It's just so... so..... :yuck

Hoping this one will be good, or atleast better, though.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a minute, whoa... Take that back. Nothing was as bad as AVPR. Was ROTF a let down overall, yes. But I still love watching the action. I grow up with the Toys and cartoons. After the original animated movie (best transformers movie btw), the rest of the season went down hill. I feel Michael Bay has done a great job with the movies. He's an action Director and that is what he delivered.

Because, I enjoyed watching the movie and seeing all the stuff going on. I got what I was looking for in the movie with a story that was decent enough to keep me interested and good enough action to make me enjoy it. If others don't. Thats totally cool but remember what you think and feel doesn't make it so. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Makes it so to me. You're saying that my mind is wrong. If I don't like something, I don't like it it. So it does make it so. And enjoyable story? Jesus some of you on here are easy to please. I would much rather play one of the video games if I want action. At least then you can see what's going on.

I dont get the Bay bashers...

Mostly because they dont understand that the world can exist with something with a lot of heart and emotion like....i'll use a super obvious movie, Forrest Gump, and a movie like Speed. One film has subtexts, and messages about life, and America, and all that...the other, is a bomb on a bus.

There will be days I would rather watch a movie like There Will Be Blood, or the mentioned, Forrest Gump...and there will be days I want to watch Speed.

Same goes here. I'll go see The Kings Speech, and be moved, and enjoy the film. But I dont want to see that every day. I want to see some ____ blow up for 2 hours. I just want 2 hours of BAYHEM, and crude childish humor because I'm in the mood for that.

Michael Bay makes action movies. He always has, and always will. I love him for doing that. Other directors do genre hopping, which is totally great, but I like that there is someone out there who will almost always deliver what you expect.

Some people hate him for it. But I say, meh....

Some people call him a hack....I say, you're an wrong. He's not a hack. He has a style. We all make fun of it...but he has one. Unlike people like Paul W.S Anderson, or Brett Ratner, who have none.

Yeah, he's a one trick pony....but atleast by being one, you dont have to worry about a really lame in your face political subtext that's in your face. You know he's going to make a movie with 'Splosions with Hot Chicks who are sweaty.

Michael Bay is the Dollar Menu fast food burger. It aint great, but at the right time, it's ____ing satisfying. You know exactly what you're eating. You know it's not great. You know it's not high quailty....but man, at that moment, you're happy...because that awesome tastes good.

Eat that awesome! :lol

That's my Bay rant of the night. :D

Oh and Video Games require you to do ____, and in order to progress in the level, you might die a few times, getting frustrated, throwing the controller, and play at a later time...

A movie dont do that ____. You watch. And that's it.

I also enjoy watching stuff blow up. But take the god awful humans out of the equation. If I want a dumb action movie I'd watch Commando a hundred times over than ROTF. The first movie was so much better. I actually like the first one.

Oh and Video Games require you to do ____, and in order to progress in the level, you might die a few times, getting frustrated, throwing the controller, and play at a later time...

A movie dont do that ____. You watch. And that's it.

Lazy bastard

Looking at the reviews it seems we are in for more of the same.
Not a bad thing if you are a fan of crap storylines, poor comedy, and robots hitting each other for two and a half hours.

Last edited:

Don't forget crap acting dino

Oh yeah that as well.

I am still going to see it today as it does not cost me anything as long as I see it in 2D (I have to pay a £1.50 charge for 3D) I am taking my Nephew just as I did for the last two. I can always have snooze for two hours if it is as bad as part 2

Lol. I think I did actually nod off during two. Hayley wanted to leave but I said I was quite comfortable half way down my seat.

And this is why Hollywood constantly craps out this type of
Rubbish. Films like Green Lantern and G I Joe that cater to people who have the mental age of a six year old. Why can't a transformers film have a good plot and above par acting? Why does it have to have these lame jokes about Robots Masturbating over humans and especially why does Shia Le Bouf have to be in all of them? I say remake transformers. It can be a heck of alot better that what Bay has done. ____ing child!

.and they dropped the balls with Devestator

fixed. :wave

Side note, I can't wait for this movie. From what it sounds like from people who've watched it, it has the action of the second, and the heart of the first. :clap:lecture

Saw it last night. Better than Part 2 (then again, drinking kerosene & pissing on a fire is better than that) but overall just an average mindless Summer popcorn flick.

The Bay Apologists & Transformers fans will enjoy it and circle the wagons, but there's really nothing in this film you haven't seen before. It's not the transcending entry some had hoped.

Like POTC4, it'll make bank, though. And they'll just churn out more of the same.

Oh, and Rosie is indeed god awful. We're talking MST3K bad. Cringe worthy "performance" at times.

Cool robots, though. Except for that stupid little horney R/C truck thing with the Brooklyn accent. Unfortunately he returns along with some of Bay's 13 year old boy humor.

I'm being circumcised on Friday. I think that will be more enjoyable.

Back