Toys Legend Dark Knight Batman dioramas / Armory / Tech Desk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was kind of an impulse buy, but after reading what's going on with Toy Legends, I'm pretty sure this is only gonna climb in price. Since i didn't like the Hot Toys version at comicon, or the newer version that doesn't come with the suit, I pulled the trigger.

It doesn't help that i just added lights to my Detoif's last night, so now everything is looking awesome.

The batman mask that comes with the Selina Kyle Exclusive fits perfectly on the DX12 neck piece. When I get my armory I will be able to use those to replace the head with the set.

So thankfully I will be able to do this without cutting up the Toys Legend head piece!

The batman mask that comes with the Selina Kyle Exclusive fits perfectly on the DX12 neck piece. When I get my armory I will be able to use those to replace the head with the set.

So thankfully I will be able to do this without cutting up the Toys Legend head piece!

I used the cowl that came with Selina and put it on the suit that comes with the armory. I had already cut open the neck and put in a DX02 neck piece so it was an easy switch...looks great! I'll try to get a picture tonight.

Why are you kicking yourself for waiting so long? Were these way cheaper a while back or something?

They started cheaper and keep climbing. There are still some on eBay for what I paid but I expect this will jump in price again soon. $259 shipped wasn't a bad price, considering how great the piece looks displayed, but I definitely could have saved a nice chunk of change if I had ordered it when I first saw it. :slap

Agreed. I just picked one up from KG Hobby for $247 shipped via EMS. Paid on the 1st and it arrived today. Not a bad price, but it could have been much better.

Last edited:
View attachment 65727

Excuse the crappy iPhone quality but here's my armory with the Bruce Wayne I just completed. Haven't been able to play around with the display yet but I love the 2 pieces displayed together. Need a work desk to go with it now...

I just opened mine!! Talk about an amazing piece! The unpacking took a little bit.... lots of tape removal.

Everything is well constructed and high end. Now I want to spend some time figuring out what the heck some of these items in the armory are. The only issue that I had, was one of the magnets that holds the left hand on became unglued. It was nothing a little bit of superglue couldn't fix.

I was able to take the DX12 neck piece and the Cowl that came with Catwoman and was able to replace the head. It worked nicely. I put a little piece of tape in the inside so the cowl holds to the neck piece.

My only complaint is that I wish it had an AC Adapter!

Got one for $175 shipped, but from what I've heard about the TDKR one from Hot Toys, that one is a lot nicer, so I may sell mine for the newer version.

Got one for $175 shipped, but from what I've heard about the TDKR one from Hot Toys, that one is a lot nicer, so I may sell mine for the newer version.

I don't know if I would say the Hot Toys one is nicer... I think its completely different altogether. Visually I like the Toys Legend armory better. I am not crazy about the acrylic waterproof look that the HT version has.

What it all boils down to is what scene did you like the most... the waterfall armory or the bunker version.

I agree that it's a matter of preference. The see-through version that Hot Toys is doing just doesn't seem to fit with my ideal version of Batman. Yeah, I know it was in the movie but it was one of the many things I DIDN'T like. The only thing I want in clear cases in the Batcave are the display costumes and villain trophies (which I would love for someone to make 1/6 scale versions).

The hot toys TDKR empty Batsuit is much better than this one, assuming its the same from SDCC, it's the DX12. I'd rather wait and put my money toward that, I'm a stickler for licensed stuff.

The hot toys TDKR empty Batsuit is much better than this one, assuming its the same from SDCC, it's the DX12. I'd rather wait and put my money toward that, I'm a stickler for licensed stuff.

Same here, I am waiting to see how that turns out as I like the look better.
Also bring on the Batsignal, I have a spot ready!!:yess:

I have no issues with the included suit, and with HT including an empty dx12 you can bet thats in the price too.

Agreed mate!

Toy legends armory is amazing and can't be compared with Hottoys TDKR version...because they are completely different pieces. It's like you compare Takara Begins suits with DX02.My opinion...grab the Toy legends version because it is a must have for bat fans and you don't when/if hottoys will make it.

yeah, i didn't really like the look of the dkr version. too cold and lacked personality for me.

Back