1/6 Toys Dao Dark Samurai (Unlicensed 1/6 Samurai Darth Vader)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think with some good futzing and if you have the skills, a bit of modding, he would be an excellent figure. As is he's a bit of a novelty but unfortunately a bit undersized to play with the other sixth scale figures. I'd try and get him on discount if possible. The Tamashii Movie Realisation line is still the gold standard in Star Wars Samurai fusion.

Thanks for the pics.

I was hoping he came out better as well. The 7" Tamashii blows this away. Although, like you say, with some tweaks here and there I'm sure this could look much better. Those skeletal hands look tiny and remind me of the Deadpool scene with Ryan Reynolds.. :rotfl

Pictures!

AKoifQ2.jpg

0UFHz6d.jpg

sVJNJvH.jpg

mU8OGLu.jpg

MbbNsoq.jpg

HKPigAX.jpg

yNcIimF.jpg

kjhR7UH.jpg

c5sXWGa.jpg

1yUREaq.jpg

KtZDng9.jpg

tULsz0T.jpg

lmJuLUO.jpg

u4XHJRu.jpg

AXh6IvT.jpg

vfxLxpE.jpg

So, only comes with one set of hands, the skeletal ones. They are a very soft rubber, very pliable, The sword is likewise very soft rubber which makes it easy and hard to use. Easy because it gets in with little effort, hard because with the wrists in the wrong position it looks bent. The skull is the head and the men attaches just like the original prop. The jaw is articulated but it's loose so won't stay closed. The outfit has a lot of "rope" parts that are loose and need tidying. The feet have nice woven sandals but they don't fit the heel too well. The paint job is adequate but not of a high standard. They used a regular flesh coloured body underneath so you need to work at hiding that showing - they should have used a black body. He's also short for a figure based on Vader. I think with some good futzing and if you have the skills, a bit of modding, he would be an excellent figure. As is he's a bit of a novelty but unfortunately a bit undersized to play with the other sixth scale figures. I'd try and get him on discount if possible. The Tamashii Movie Realisation line is still the gold standard in Star Wars Samurai fusion.

Hmm, yeah I must say I’m disappointed by the looks of this. The feet look really bad, and hate the fact it doesn’t come with the different hands it was advertised with. Going to have to do some modding to make this look decent.

He should be taller to be a little more imposing. He's almost at Dark Helmet level set up with those Stormtroopers since he's so thin too.

Back