Jiu An Studio x Virus Studio 1/6 scale : Samurai of the End of the Shogunate 末幕

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn kind of wish I went for the rooted version but the price was too high for my taste.

Hoping the sculpted hair version came out as nice. The armor and the amount of fine details on that looks absolutely insane.

(Message translate by Charle Lim)

Below extracted from Jiu An studio Wei Bo announcement 18th October 2022, 11.08pm from Si Chuan. (I try my best to translate)

Hello everyone, the Last Samurai figure started shipping recently. You saw some pictures received by collectors and have questioned about details of the figure. We made every effort to understand the situation and sorted out the queries. We will explain them one by one below and resolving them.
Again, we want to apologize for the delay. This first batch of shipment encountered many unexpected problems.
But as promised to everyone before, we will continue to make progress, improve product quality, solve problems, and never escape!

1. Hair rooted sculpt:
This is the first time Jiu An studio making hair rooted figure. However, due to lack of consideration in packaging, the final product looks flat and loose on different parts.

(The picture below is a real shot of the head sculpture that has been shipped and currently recalled)

In order to avoid similar problems later, we have customized a box specially for hair rooted head. The image shown is final product of how it should look.

2. Head sculpt for mask and helmet:
We made this mainly due to ensuring collectors will not scratch the rooted hair sculpt if they want to display the figure with mask and helmet; but somehow we are getting a lot of negativity on this particular head; stating why we carved the face because this can be second head for collectors to customize etc. This head main purpose stated above, if any one has better suggestion, please leave a message.

3. Shoulder Armor:
The original shoulder armor was relatively long. When the large-scale prototype was produced and confirmed later, due to the different body shapes, we shortened the length of the rope of the shoulder armor and revised it once in the middle, considering the overall effect.
After receiving feedback from the collectors that the shoulder armor is too short, we contacted the factory immediately. The final outcome is as below:

4. Below waste armors:
We explained to collectors that, it can be adjusted.

5. Straw sandals:
We tried using more accurate straw to create better sense of scale however this resulting in tearing of straw as it is more fragile. Hence we revert back to what we original intended.

6. Does the deluxe version have sculpted hair?
Did you find that in the box? (i think jiu an being sarcastic, because this question was flooding in wechat)

7. Why are there so many strings on the body, we thought it is fitted properly before releasing?
It's really taken care of. We left a long rope end when tying the knot. We were worried that if we cut it too short, if you need to put it on and take off later, you won't be able to tie it back. Don't worry, you just need to adjust the bow to If you think the size is suitable, just cut it off with scissors (there is not enough rope and there are spares in the accessories bag), and then there must be a simple and effective way to take care of and take pictures.

8. When will it be shipped?
Hair rooted version: It will be delayed for 10-15 days, ordering the head sculpt box.

Hair sculpted version: Due to the remaking of the shoulder armor, time needed is uncertain despite increasing manpower to hasten the process. We will give an exact time at the end of October 2022. We are working hard to make it. Hope to see you all soon!

For Last Samurai figure, we have devoted a lot of effort to innovating the headsculpt, weapon and accessories. There are many first attempts. Although it took more than two years, we think this is a good start. All efforts are to achieve the best results and bring you a better experience. At the same time, I would like to apologize again to all of you who have been waiting so hard. I hope the final product can still live up to your expectations. Thank you for your support!

Wow the sculpted came out great. Wish I went for the rooted version but it was too expensive at the time. Happy to see the sculpted version came out just as good though.

When did the second figure become part of this package? Or is it a different package? the page I ordered from on KGhobby does not mention a second figure

If you find a place where I still can order this, please, let me know (y) I just started collecting Samurai figures so missed out on PO back then.

Last edited:
It's a beautiful looking figure but the only thing that concerns me are the two armoured plates that sit below the belt. They seem to hang quite low from the threads when they should sit higher up and closer together. I hope this can be adjusted.

When did the second figure become part of this package? Or is it a different package? the page I ordered from on KGhobby does not mention a second figure
It was part of the Deluxe rooted hair sculpt. But now you get the sculpted hair and rooted and that third sculpt for the body with two figures. Smh had I known I'd kept my order for Rooted. Lol

This figure really turned out amazing. Sucks that I was still getting on my feet when this was up for order and I had to be responsible :slap maybe some places will have cancellations when more start coming in stock as I would love to be able to grab this guy now

2. Head sculpt for mask and helmet:
We made this mainly due to ensuring collectors will not scratch the rooted hair sculpt if they want to display the figure with mask and helmet; but somehow we are getting a lot of negativity on this particular head; stating why we carved the face because this can be second head for collectors to customize etc. This head main purpose stated above, if any one has better suggestion, please leave a message.

Why we can't have nice things, I wish more figures with masks and helmets had an extra basic sculpt like that instead of the implicit "well, this will eventually ruin the sculpt, deal with it" warnings in the instructions

Greetings, I reside in Florida and was notified last month that my figure will be inbound shortly, so it should be just a matter of time. Cant Wait! Ordered mine from Timewalker Toys & Collectibles.​

It was part of the Deluxe rooted hair sculpt. But now you get the sculpted hair and rooted and that third sculpt for the body with two figures. Smh had I known I'd kept my order for Rooted. Lol
Sorry Luisengima1 but to clarify, only the Deluxe edition with rooted hair comes with the extras? The second sentence threw me off, thanks.
-Regards

Back