TOYNK 30% sale! Get your Cinemaquettes and more for cheap!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bonehead15 said:
TOYNK is notorius for running out of stock. Just look at their ebay rating. Almost all of their negative feedback comes from people buying things that they don't have in stock and then TOYNK canceling their order.

I met the owners at WWC last year and they are really rude.

If it wasn't for the 30% off coupon I would have never ordered anything from them.

I was leary myself, (my order is still pending on my CC); but for the price I was willing to gamble.

:chew

I placed an order with the 30% off coupon and they charged my credit card the amount and I still haven't had a tracking number emailed to me or anything. They have my money but I have nothing. I tried calling them today but no one answered and I sent them an email. It has been 5 days since I placed the order and according to their shipping chart on their website where I live would take a maximum of 5 days to get to me. So it should have been here today. I told them that if I don't hear anything from them by tomorrow I am just going to call the credit card company and have them cancel the payment. That is no way to conduct business. Funny thing was I was ordering hasbro star wars figures, not any of the high end items. Man this makes me mad. :monkey4
Jaakub

jaakub said:
I placed an order with the 30% off coupon and they charged my credit card the amount and I still haven't had a tracking number emailed to me or anything. They have my money but I have nothing. I tried calling them today but no one answered and I sent them an email. It has been 5 days since I placed the order and according to their shipping chart on their website where I live would take a maximum of 5 days to get to me. So it should have been here today. I told them that if I don't hear anything from them by tomorrow I am just going to call the credit card company and have them cancel the payment. That is no way to conduct business. Funny thing was I was ordering hasbro star wars figures, not any of the high end items. Man this makes me mad. :monkey4
Jaakub
I had to call them four times before they answered in person. Keep trying.

I sent them an e-mail asking the status of these pending orders at 12pm today and haven't heard back from them. it's almost 6pm where I am now.

I guess I'm thankful that the money was put back in my account on Monday, but I haven't heard from them since placing my order. I wish they would've sent us e-mails notifying us of delays and possible cancellations. I'm not upset, but it baffles me how a company can leave it's customers in limbo without any sort of explanation on their part.

My T-800 arrived today!!! It was really well packed and it took me a while to take the statue out to start checking it. It is seating in a temporary spot since I am rearranging my basement!!!

cm_t800_005.jpg

cm_t800_head_003.jpg

my_collection_movie_display.jpg

Last edited:
Guys,
I just got a e-mail back from Toynk that I sent earlier today. It wasn't pretty in regards to the T-850. I have no idea what to think or say about this, so I'll let the e-mail explain itself:

Hello:

We appreciate your recent order. However, unfortunately we had sold out of this item prior to you placing your order. We may be able to obtain this item still from the manufacturer. However, because our sale was only for in stock merchandise, we can only offer you a 20% discount instead of the 30% discount. (Simply stated, we lose money on every sale at the 30% discount on this item.) This would make your cost for this item $960.00, still a savings of $240 off the regular price. If you are not interested, we will cancel your order and provide you a full refund. The manufacturer indicates that it will take 2-3 weeks to deliver to our dock. Please let us know how you want to proceed.

Sincerely,

Dave

The Toynk Team

So, there you have it guys. I have no idea what the heck to do. A piece of me really, really wanted this CM to bolster my movie room as the centerpiece in my collection. At the $1200 normal price there was no way I'd be able to afford it as my wife would go nuts. I had a talk with her about this piece before I made the purchase and thought it was still too high, but she gave me the green light. She felt bad after I called her and actually gave me the green light again, only because I wanted the piece so bad and she knew it.

I actually went out last Thursday to purchase another Detolf to make room for this on display. But they want to charge me another $120 for something I ordered already because they'd be losing money offering 20% off instead of 30%. I have absolutely no idea what to do...

I just got an email back about my order and they stated that they were out of the one item I ordered and if I wanted a refund. I gladly took the refund. They also stated that the reason that I wasn't notified earlier was because they were short staffed the last 2 weeks. Yea, I believe this. But on the bright side I am going to get my money back and I will never do business there again.
Jaakub

wofford29 said:
when did you order yours?

i ordered the T-850 at 9:32:19am on Wednesday morning according to the e-mail confirmation they sent out...

jaakub said:
I just got an email back about my order and they stated that they were out of the one item I ordered and if I wanted a refund. I gladly took the refund. They also stated that the reason that I wasn't notified earlier was because they were short staffed the last 2 weeks. Yea, I believe this. But on the bright side I am going to get my money back and I will never do business there again.
Jaakub

I just got a letter and this is the excuse they gave me:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. We apologize for this delay. Our inventory system has been down which has slowed our process (we have three warehouses). We should be up and running tomorrow. What I can tell you now is that some of the items on your order are out of stock but we are trying to see if we can obtain more of them.

These guys are pretty bad liars.:rolleyes: They must have a list of lies next to their computer that they can pick from.

Like I said earlier these guys suck!! :mad: The only reason I bought anything from them was the 30% discount.

The thing that gets me is that all of the items I bought were small stuff that should all be in stock.

Funny, the emails all seem to be pouring in at the same time! :google

I just received my response, and my Greedo bust is in-stock and should ship this week --- fingers crossed.

:chew

A credible and legitimate company would realize they were at fault and should sell you the item at the price advertised. You ordered the item within the 30 percent sale period. The sale ended last Friday. So you were in the good. This is their mess up, and they should take the hit as a credible retailer if they wish to continue their services with you. This is a big order. I understand there was a mess up on their behalf, but that is their responsibility not your's.

As for if you should still make the purchase, it's entirely up to you. Even at 960, you won't find him cheaper. However, 10 percent on top of that is a 100 dollar difference. Which in my eyes, is not small. Too bad you couldn't report businesses like this to the better business bureau in hopes that would do anything. Sadly, it doesn't in a lot of cases. Stupid really.

Eli26 said:
A credible and legitimate company would realize they were at fault and should sell you the item at the price advertised. You ordered the item within the 30 percent sale period. The sale ended last Friday. So you were in the good. This is their mess up, and they should take the hit as a credible retailer if they wish to continue their services with you. This is a big order. I understand there was a mess up on their behalf, but that is their responsibility not your's.

As for if you should still make the purchase, it's entirely up to you. Even at 960, you won't find him cheaper. However, 10 percent on top of that is a 100 dollar difference. Which in my eyes, is not small. Too bad you couldn't report businesses like this to the better business bureau that actually had some major effect. Stupid really.

That's what I was thinking entirely. The thing is that "real-time" or not, it was listed as in stock for the whole day and into the evening and was purchased within the specified time frame for the 30% discount.

They didn't even respond until I sent them an e-mail requesting the status for my order number. When they stated that the discount of the item would go down from 30% down to 20%, I was devastated. When is an excuse that they are actually losing money seem like the best excuse to make to a prospective customer? It's kinda like...yeah, you ordered the item, but since we realize that we are losing money, it gives us reason to up the price. It's kinda like telling me "take it or leave it...we are losing money so in order for us to profit, give us an extra $120 and we'll order you another one that should reach our docks within 4-6 weeks."

For $960, it could be considered that it's still a good buy. At this point, I think it's doubtful that I purchase this piece at this point. For such a high ticket item and the way I've been treated, I think I'm going to pre-order the Yoda Bust from Sideshow instead to become the centerpiece in my collection. At least they are a reputable company that goes over and beyond for it's customers if there are any problems.

Nitro said:
Guys,
I just got a e-mail back from Toynk that I sent earlier today. It wasn't pretty in regards to the T-850. I have no idea what to think or say about this, so I'll let the e-mail explain itself:

Hello:

We appreciate your recent order. However, unfortunately we had sold out of this item prior to you placing your order. We may be able to obtain this item still from the manufacturer. However, because our sale was only for in stock merchandise, we can only offer you a 20% discount instead of the 30% discount. (Simply stated, we lose money on every sale at the 30% discount on this item.) This would make your cost for this item $960.00, still a savings of $240 off the regular price. If you are not interested, we will cancel your order and provide you a full refund. The manufacturer indicates that it will take 2-3 weeks to deliver to our dock. Please let us know how you want to proceed.

Sincerely,

Dave

The Toynk Team

So, there you have it guys. I have no idea what the heck to do. A piece of me really, really wanted this CM to bolster my movie room as the centerpiece in my collection. At the $1200 normal price there was no way I'd be able to afford it as my wife would go nuts. I had a talk with her about this piece before I made the purchase and thought it was still too high, but she gave me the green light. She felt bad after I called her and actually gave me the green light again, only because I wanted the piece so bad and she knew it.

I actually went out last Thursday to purchase another Detolf to make room for this on display. But they want to charge me another $120 for something I ordered already because they'd be losing money offering 20% off instead of 30%. I have absolutely no idea what to do...
Got the same email with regards to my CM Alien order. It is just as well, I dropped $525.00 at Razor's Edge yesterday for a Gandalf on Gwahir print which I have been wanting for a while, and it shipped today. Mike Richards, you sir are the F'n man!!!!:rock:rock:rock

Bannister said:
Got the same email with regards to my CM Alien order. It is just as well, I dropped $525.00 at Razor's Edge yesterday for a Gandalf on Gwahir print which I have been wanting for a while, and it shipped today. Mike Richards, you sir are the F'n man!!!!:rock:rock:rock

Are you going to wind up getting the CM Alien from Toynk? I think I'm going to be dropping them an e-mail to cancel the CM T-850...I just don't think it's worth the trouble anymore. I wish I had something to order from Razors Edge though...

Nitro said:
Are you going to wind up getting the CM Alien from Toynk? I think I'm going to be dropping them an e-mail to cancel the CM T-850...I just don't think it's worth the trouble anymore. I wish I had something to order from Razors Edge though...
Nope, already told them to cancel my order and refund me. I sure as hell wasn't going to spend an extra $150.00 on something I had already been charged for. The sad thing is, I doubt they would have ever sent me an email regarding the situation had I not emailed them first, which is especially annoying since they actually charged my card.

Bannister said:
Nope, already told them to cancel my order and refund me. I sure as hell wasn't going to spend an extra $150.00 on something I had already been charged for. The sad thing is, I doubt they would have ever sent me an email regarding the situation had I not emailed them first, which is especially annoying since they actually charged my card.

At least you ordered something else after this fiasco with Toynk...Razors Edge/Mike Richards runs a completely classy organization and has amazing customer service. I just wish they had something decent for me to order :lol .

This whole thing sounds like a classic Bait and Switch type operation. I still haven't gotten anything about my elder predator. I'm gonna have to email them. This is getting ridiculous. If it's out of stock, then fine. But don't keep us hanging.

DBoz said:
This whole thing sounds like a classic Bait and Switch type operation. I still haven't gotten anything about my elder predator. I'm gonna have to email them. This is getting ridiculous. If it's out of stock, then fine. But don't keep us hanging.

I felt the same way after getting that e-mail response. I'd definately send them an e-mail to inquire about you order #. I winded up sending an e-mail back cancelling the CM T-850. I just don't want to go through this hassle again especially on a high ticket item like that.

Back