Prop Toynami/Cinemaquette/HCG presents: BATWING & BATMOBILE.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool set-up. I'm jealous. The way the Batwing is mounted is just brilliant.

You wouldn't happen to belong to the BATMANMOVIEONLINE forum would you, raf?

Re: Toynami/Cinemaquette presents: BATWING & (coming soon) BATMOBILE.

Awesome, thanks for the update. I'll gladly take the delay on the Batmobile so this doesn't happen again.

This is from February when I unboxed my (flawed) Batwing....and here we are in August - the day I received my Batmobile.

I was nervous when opening the Batmobile, as I was hoping it would be everything I wanted it to be and not have any problems like the Batwing (which had a concave wing and various paint problems).

And the result.....more of the same :monkey2

The first thing I immediately noticed was that the cockpit was popped out, and the clips on each side had scratched the body where it had been moving around for who knows how long.

Second, other than the other small, but probably inevitable hairline scratches around the body (which I probably could have gotten over), there is a ding next to the right panel where the machine gun comes out.

Oh well, time to start the return/replacement process over :slap

I didn't even bother putting the batteries in/putting it on the stand because that's just a tease of the potential that this thing had.

That really sucks man
I personally feel more safe to order it through a store and pick it up myself rather than getting it online and get the item delivered.

Getting it from the store let's you check it out in store and if things go wrong the store can handle the rest.

Sorry to hear it man

indeed bad things like this happen but its almost worst that it happens in this price range.

My Batmobile isn't flawless either but if I want I can let it repair at the cost of my retailer because wat I understood of their mail was that they couldn't get anoter one without trouble.

I agree about the price point - although I think the paint is the best and worst thing about this piece. It looks great, but the second you get it near a light it's apparent that another route should have been chosen (IMO).

Also, as Jedster said earlier, I don't think the value is there - even if it didn't have any qc issues I think the Batwing @ 1499.99 is a much more impressive piece than the Batmobile @ 1999.99, even though I like the Batmobile better in general.

Yep I understand you the overal quality en details of the Batwing are better then the Batmobile.

But on the other hand the Batmobile had 2 movies full of screen time and the Batwing only a few minutes.

So the Batmobile is a bigger icon then the Batwing.
I think thats why de Batmobile is more expesive.
Not for the materials used but just because people will pay more for a Batmobile.

I wanna see pictures

Haha I'd love to be able to take pics of it - but when I pointed my phone camera at the Batmobile all it saw was a black lump - you couldn't even tell what it was from all the glossy paint.

The chances of me being able to capture those minor (but unacceptable IMO) details are 0%.

I wanna see pictures

Here are some pictures of the flaws mine has.

@ my collection topic you can see more pics with the lights on and of etc.

zwyzx2.jpg

rtzthu.jpg

jfklcn.jpg

2r5q144.jpg

Ok so here are some pics of my final set up in my new toy room in the new house.

Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

IMG_5839.jpg

IMG_5838.jpg

IMG_5837.jpg

IMG_5819.jpg

IMG_5821.jpg

IMG_5825.jpg

IMG_5834.jpg

IMG_5835.jpg

IMG_5824.jpg

IMG_5836.jpg

Looks amazing jed. Awesome, awesome room and collection.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Back