Prop Toynami/Cinemaquette/HCG presents: BATWING & BATMOBILE.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting that all of the people that jumped on the $2000 Toynami version are dismissing the bigger HT version which will almost certainly cost much less. Both have their obvious flaws in the details, but until we get actual measurements we can't say for certain based on a few photos and videos whether or not the proportions are off, like I explained in this post:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3641796&postcount=397

So the car is made out of plastic. Big deal, that's one of the reasons it's going to be much more affordable. Anyone who doesn't like the paint finish and has the time, talent, money or inclination to modify it---can...and STILL end up with a lower-cost final product that they are happy with than if they splurged on the Toynami version [especially] if they then still had to mod it to get it where they want it be.

A few glaring details are off, I admit. From the top of my head, the boxy rear fender around the vents, and the headlight sitting on the surface of the car body, when they are supposed to be inset more deeply are the most obvious to me right now, but overall, the model looks amazining...I would hardly call it a "hell big joke".

It's called justifying an overpriced purchase.

No, it's called preferring a museum quality looking display piece over a giant, oversized plastic toy. Glad I could help educate you.

Nope, no education given there. Just a defensive post on your part :wave...oh, and there's nothing museum looking about it IMO

Nope, no education given there. Just a defensive post on your part :wave...oh, and there's nothing museum looking about it IMO

That's your opinion.....which means absolutely nothing to me. Enjoy your Hot Toys "toy".

Last edited:
Thank you, I will...and you enjoy your overpriced $2000 paperweight :wave

I'd much rather pay $2k for something that actually looks impressive as a display piece than $950 for a plastic looking, inaccurate Tonka toy. You can go back to the HT thread now where I'm sure people care what you're saying. :rolleyes:

Go check out mine after all the mods, I am pleased with it.

That sure is hella yummy! Though I honestly prefer the 89 paintwork because the distinctive look from glass to somewhat matte paintwork. When it's all glossy it doesn't quite pop the same as the first version since everything is glossy.

I'd much rather pay $2k for something that actually looks impressive as a display piece than $950 for a plastic looking, inaccurate Tonka toy. You can go back to the HT thread now where I'm sure people care what you're saying. :rolleyes:

Impressive in your own eyes, pffft...and it's not going to be $950, far from it :cuckoo:...I'll go where I please thanks.

Impressive in your own eyes, pffft...and it's not going to be $950, far from it :cuckoo:...I'll go where I please thanks.

Well, since you're in the Cinemaquette thread trolling about the HT Batmobile I thought maybe you'd gotten lost. Hopefully you'll go spout your B.S. elsewhere because nobody here cares about your Tonka toy.

That sure is hella yummy! Though I honestly prefer the 89 paintwork because the distinctive look from glass to somewhat matte paintwork. When it's all glossy it doesn't quite pop the same as the first version since everything is glossy.

Fair enough

There's no disputing that currently is so much better than Hot Toys version. Would have been nice if they also made a 89 version though. It still looks nice all glossy.

Are the tyres rubber?

what are you saying? this is better than the HT version and the HT version hasnt come out yet, we only saw 1 prototype, wich clearly still is not a finished product...

imo, why buy this if you can buy the HT version, wich will be much cheaper than this.

question though: does anybody see difference in shape between this version, the HT version and the real thing?
First thing that comes up when I compare both is the shape of the canopy and the rear glass at both ends and the end of the canopy itself, seems different.
Also the "wing"-ends on the toynami seems pointier than on the HT version

Both versions appeal to different type of collectors for different reasons. If you have the money for the Toynami version and you like that look, go for it, more power to you. If you like the look of Hot Toys version better, based on only the SDCC pics and video (which is all we really have to go on at this point), and you don't have 2K to spend (the official price hasnt been released, but it will probably not cost that much) wait for it.

If you are really REALLY patient, wait until some collector gets both versions, and compares them side by side, and then you can judge the pros and cons of each for yourself.

i saw the HT batmobile and imediatley i saw a plastic toy, it is huge bigger and wider then the toynami. and i get it that is for the figures which my daughter freaked and loved that, but again, even if it was painted to look like the toynami, as some have suggested , it will not compare to the toynami, it is awesome for what it is and for the high end TOY if you will with the figures, but if you are looking and planning on gettng this as to display as a high end collectable , this is not the way to go, if it is to go with your nice HT toys figures, of course it is for that. plus it will light up inside as well so thats cool .
as for the price i asked the guy there, will this actually be about 950 as i have heard rumors. and all he said was not sure and cant confirm yet as this is just the proto and there may be changes, again, i wanted the best representation of the batmobile and wanted it tool look like a real car, and if i had waited to get that , with HT and then lose out on the toynami i would have lost out big time, but if you dont want that representation then HT is for you as the price should be cheapter then toymami. it definatley looks plastic but i hit it with my knuckles and it felt pretty hard ,

predatorfolage010.jpg
predatorfolage009.jpg

pretty cool set up man,very pricey, but I'm surprised how much smaller the Batmobile is compared to the Bat Cowl.

Back