Prop Toynami/Cinemaquette/HCG presents: BATWING & BATMOBILE.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rip his guts out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to fix something that is just kinda off.....

Enjoy the yummy pics !!!!

IMG_5674.jpg

IMG_5667.jpg

IMG_5663.jpg

IMG_5665.jpg

IMG_5669.jpg

IMG_5675.jpg

IMG_5677.jpg

IMG_5673.jpg

IMG_5672.jpg

DAMN!!! Jed you just pulled a page from Raf's playbook. Great to see what's inside and underneath. Keep us updated on your front tire fix.

My fav. part of those pics is the McDonalds cup from Batman Returns that has the batmobile on it :)

I just ordered a set of those cups last week. Straight out of my childhood.

Wow, I cant believe how cheap they make these things. Its just a shell with a base and wheels, a few wires and battery compartment.

I had tonka trucks as a kid with more detail...and those were only $20. After seeing that, I may be sending mine back. Im picky about detail and for 2k?.......this car looks like it was made for about $50.

Now im nervous..

Chris

I just canceled mine, im a nut for detail when it comes to large scale cars. I have many 1:12 an 1:8 cars and the detail in those is insane....inside and out.

For 2k, I was expecting a little more attention to detail. I have a 1:12 Mercedes SLR by CMC with real leather seats, real plumbing/wiring, carpet, door strikers, hinges...ect ect...you name it. Every single part from the real car was recreated in this model.
See pics of what im talking about here

https://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=116644&page=4

I paid $2500 for that SLR, and what you get is mind blowing. However, this batmobile looks like the cheapest thing I've ever seen.

Theirs NO WAY this thing is worth 2k.....maybe $200-$300....and even that is pushing it imo. I could have my buddie whos a professional car painter paint this shell (and probably do a better job) for $100.

Just shocking...

Chris

can someone post pics next to the batwing? which do you prefer jedster?

HOLY ____, THAT IS CRAZY, ok i have to give you all the credit in the world jedster, there is no way in hell in the world i would have had the guts to take this guy apart, actually it does not surprise me at all on how this is built, its not like we were expenting, an ingine under there, it was logic that it was just a well made shell over the rest of the stuff. i still am happy with mine, and you know i sure dont see where the weight comes from, its pretty empty in there LOL and yet when i weighed it , it read close to 20 lbs, hm ,, im sorry some may feel this way about it , i personally do not feel ripped off.. i mean think about it if we were to open up many pieces im sure we would say WTF.. But we don't, very cool to see how this was done.. cheaply made ? yes, but the overall effect for me is still a beauty.

HOLY ____, THAT IS CRAZY, ok i have to give you all the credit in the world jedster, there is no way in hell in the world i would have had the guts to take this guy apart, actually it does not surprise me at all on how this is built, its not like we were expenting, an ingine under there, it was logic that it was just a well made shell over the rest of the stuff. i still am happy with mine, and you know i sure dont see where the weight comes from, its pretty empty in there LOL and yet when i weighed it , it read close to 20 lbs, hm ,, im sorry some may feel this way about it , i personally do not feel ripped off.. i mean think about it if we were to open up many pieces im sure we would say WTF.. But we don't, very cool to see how this was done.. cheaply made ? yes, but the overall effect for me is still a beauty.

Gotta agree with you. I mean, until I saw those pics, I never would've even thought about wondering what was under the body of this model. I realize that everyone is different when it comes to their collectibles, but for me as long as it's an impressive display piece and looks good on the outside I really don't care about what's underneath. I will agree that it's probably overpriced, but I still think it looks awesome and I would probably regret it in the long run if I canceled my pre-order.

The weight comes from the fiberglass body shell.

I actually will still get this (I am a diehard Batman fan and have wanted a built up and painted studio scale Batmobile since I had the kit of this replica) but I do agree with you Jed that it should have been a lot better and for the foreseeable future, this is the best big '89 Batmobile we're going to get and Raf I do agree with you that it is a really, really beautiful piece and your pics really show that. I'm not all that hopeful with Hot Toys doing a version of this because of all the problems with the Tumbler but you never know. Hopefully, by the time the 30th anniversary of Burton's Batman rolls around, another company will offer a "BIG" '89 Batmobile that is totally brand new and based on the actual running car and doesn't skimp on anything at all and has all the amenities Atheris you talked about with the high end cars you collect. It just needs to be done.

I know exactly what you're saying man.
I myself collect cars too and details and accuracy is a must and this thing definitely is overpriced.

I just placed an order of the amalgam Lamborghini aventador in 1:8th scale, now that's a motherf#%^ing beast.

I just canceled mine, im a nut for detail when it comes to large scale cars. I have many 1:12 an 1:8 cars and the detail in those is insane....inside and out.

For 2k, I was expecting a little more attention to detail. I have a 1:12 Mercedes SLR by CMC with real leather seats, real plumbing/wiring, carpet, door strikers, hinges...ect ect...you name it. Every single part from the real car was recreated in this model.
See pics of what im talking about here

https://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=116644&page=4

I paid $2500 for that SLR, and what you get is mind blowing. However, this batmobile looks like the cheapest thing I've ever seen.

Theirs NO WAY this thing is worth 2k.....maybe $200-$300....and even that is pushing it imo. I could have my buddie whos a professional car painter paint this shell (and probably do a better job) for $100.

Just shocking...

Chris

I know exactly what you're saying man.
I myself collect cars too and details and accuracy is a must and this thing definitely is overpriced.

I just placed an order of the amalgam Lamborghini aventador in 1:8th scale, now that's a motherf#%^ing beast.

Did you really?...what color did you get it in?

I just picked up my Amalgam Aventador this weekend. Its freaking amazing!, cant stop looking at it. check it out...

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=116644&page=8

or

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61629&page=10

Chris

Last edited:
Did you really?...what color did you get it in?

I just picked up my Amalgam Aventador this weekend. Its freaking amazing!, cant stop looking at it. check it out...

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=116644&page=8

or

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61629&page=10

Chris

I requested mine to be in Estoque grey, black interior, yellow callipers and black wheels. Somewhat close to the one in The Dark Knight Rises. This car is a must have, it's my favorite Lamborghini and I am a massive, gigantic Batman fan.

... and I love dark metallic grey and black combo and yellow callipers..... wait that is the Batman color combo :)

So it's going to be awhile, since its custom.

Last edited:
Ya that's a cool color combo, should look pretty sweet. Who did you order yours though?

I'm the opposite of you in color choices. I like lambos with loud colors to compliment the crazy body styles. Ether way though, I think it's gonna look badass. Looking forward to seeing yours when you get it.

Chris

I ordered mine through a local hobby shop here.
I know the owner.

By the way, how long do u have to wait for the custom order ?

I was told that it would take about 60 days

I ordered mine through a local hobby shop here.
I know the owner.

By the way, how long do u have to wait for the custom order ?

I was told that it would take about 60 days

Mine took about 2 months to get here with my custom order. I had them do a pearl lime green paint job with two tone interior. So 60 days sounds about right.

However, I just placed another order with them today for a custom Murcielago SV. They will use the LP640 as the base model and will have to make all the other parts of the car from scratch to make it into an SV. Im told it will maybe take 5-6 months as mine is the first order to turn an LP640 into an SV.

Chris

When you did the custom order, did you have to fill out a spec sheet ?

Because I heard that there is a spec sheet that needs to be filled out. The aventador is apparently "too new" so they are still waiting for the spec sheet for me

Back