Prop Toynami/Cinemaquette/HCG presents: BATWING & BATMOBILE.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Toynami/Cinemaquette presents: BATWING & BATMOBILE.

I just checked this thread on a whim not know who or what toynami was and I have to say I'm stunned that thing is out of this world I wish I could get one... so I checked the price.

It's amazing but not $2,000 amazing. There seems to be no grappeling hook or pop up guns (but someone prove me wrong)which seems like a no brainer. The lights are amazing but the jet at the back is a little disapointing. I remember 20 years ago I had a toy train that would burn oil and create smoke from the chimney. You'd think by now you could get some real flames. If it could do that $2,000 would be a bargin.

I'm sorry to sound cynical and maybe a little bitter but for that money there needs to be NO flaws. Congratulations to anyone who got one.

I agree with you, this is not 2000 bucks amazing.
I just wish it's a bit better.

In my opinion, out of all 4 pieces that toynami brought out, the best one is the cowl. The cowl is absolutely beautiful and flawless, second best would be the Batwing hands down

I agree with you, this is not 2000 bucks amazing.
I just wish it's a bit better.

That's disappointing. I've debated canceling my pre-order, but I really love the Batmobile and since there are only 500 being made I don't think I want to miss out on it.

:rotfl. this is actually funny and this proves that every head is its own world, I really like what you did with the paints , but to me even if it is not screen accurate , and if I had paid 3000 for it , I would have been happy, yet here you guys are giving it a price under 1000.00. lol. I really love this piece and every time I look at it I say DAMN that is nice, I agree the cowl is amazing but not flawless as the yellow belt looked bad, to me in a scale 1-10. the batcowl is a 9 the bat gun is a 7

batwing is a 9 1/2. and the batmobile to me is really right up there with the batwing , but that's me , I guess I can say I also measure it by how they make me feel when I look at them . again if I was into screen accurate I can agree with you guys and numbers would go down , but I don't mind too much I just want a piece that gives me the wow factor and these are it , and have not regretted at all on the price I paid

Which paint colors did you use for the headlights and the afterburner?

I use tamiya clear yellow for the headlights. I use a mix of flat black, gloss black and afterburner exhaust color and a pinch of WD40 to mix it and thin it a bit.

I also use a mix of black and flat aluminum for the side pipes as well as the gas caps.

IMG_5656.jpg

IMG_5657.jpg

IMG_5660.jpg

IMG_5658.jpg

That's disappointing. I've debated canceling my pre-order, but I really love the Batmobile and since there are only 500 being made I don't think I want to miss out on it.

Honestly, I would look at it this way: I am a hardcore batman fan so that is why I get it and even though this thing definitely did not wow me at all, I'm still keeping it. Just as part of my batman collection, but I guess to me, a really nice and screen accurate Batmobile in big scale model is still yet to come and I am still waiting and searching for it.

But if you are just a regular collector who isn't too crazy about Batman, I would hold the money and spend it on something better, because if you are super detail kind of guy, this release might disappoint you. But that's just my two cents on this.

Whatever it is, I just don't want to see a fellow collector having to regret spending 2000 bucks on something that is just ok and not super amazing.

In my honest opinion, the best representation of this Batmobile is still the 1:35 scale kit by Bandai.

It's just too bad that it only comes in such small scale. It would be the ultimate if it comes in big scale, now that would be perfect.

I still have to wait to get mine.

I hope I will get the WOW effect.

The Cowl itself indeed it great but it has it flaws too.
A lot of people have paint damage on the inside of the cowl because they did't clean it enough when they painted it.

I had to bring mine to a statue repairman to bring the paint back.
Ok BBTS paid for the damage but it are extra cost to make for something that had to be great to display right out of the box.

Then the Base it's a realy weird Base.
The color of the belt aint right and is way to small to fit a person.
So I thing the base would be better without a belt.

The grapplegun is great to but just mounted wrong.
the great side to look at it is not the front of it.

if you display it the way they made it you have to watch to a metal plate while the back has al those nice details.

The Batwing itself is awsome.
and maby it's better with those decall's JEDSTER made.

I'm realy happy with the Batwing but I had hoped the roof was standard detachable so we could open it without removing paint and pins

The one thing that piss me off with the batmobile is that the front wheels sit way deep in the well.

I am looking for some crafty expert that could alter the front wheels and pull them out more so that it won't sit too deep like that.

That's one of the few things that are not screen accurate

Since I'm not really a stickler for screen accuracy hopefully the perceived flaws in this piece really won't bother me too much once I have it in front of me. I just love the Batmobile design and want an impressive display piece so I'm hoping it will fit the bill.

I just took the batmobile apart so that it's easier to fix the front 2 wheels .

The bottom chasis looks pretty cheaply cut by China

Damn, since now the car is opened up like this, maybe I put a soundboard in it too that would play the batman theme or something...

Back