Prop Toynami/Cinemaquette/HCG presents: BATWING & BATMOBILE.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Toynami/Cinemaquette presents: BATWING & BATMOBILE.

When I was picking up my Thor figure at CSC yesterday, they told me that my Batmobile will approximately arrive on Friday if not next Tuesday after July 4th.

But, my 1:24 scale Batmobile kit got done today. All finished in a semi-gloss black paint, looks pretty cool.

When I was picking up my Thor figure at CSC yesterday, they told me that my Batmobile will approximately arrive on Friday if not next Tuesday after July 4th.

But, my 1:24 scale Batmobile kit got done today. All finished in a semi-gloss black paint, looks pretty cool.

nice can't wait to see

Just picked up my Batmobile today

On my way home right now and I do need to fix a few things before I snap some pics.

Personally I think the batmobile could be produced better.

I received a good one without paint flaws or scratches, but after inspecting it, there are alot of things that are not accurate to the real thing.

Right now I am just hoping that HT would do it better

Personally I think the batmobile could be produced better.

I received a good one without paint flaws or scratches, but after inspecting it, there are alot of things that are not accurate to the real thing.

Right now I am just hoping that HT would do it better

Are you going to try to bring it up to an accurate level Jed? I know there are quite a few things that need to be done to it whether you are going to make an '89 car or the Returns car. I kind of doubt that HT would ever be able to get the thing fully accurate without cutting some corners considering that even the Tumbler did not even get there. When I had my studio scale Batmobile fiberglass/resin kit (which this replica is based on) I realized that even the body of the thing looked a bit off to what we see on screen in regards to the full scale car. I guess since this studio scale prop is only seen in a few scenes in the '89 film (I believe in the Axis plant demolition), they never went for full accuracy even in the beginning.

I will do my best to my ability to do what I can.

I mean I am painting it up as we speak right now, but in terms of the body shape and all that, there's not a whole lot that I can do.

The bottom black cover of the car is awfully cut, so I ended up tearing the whole bottom panel and it looks way better this way hahahahahahaha.

will post some pics up tonight my friends.

honestly, it's kinda sad to say that my 1:24 scale is more screen accurate than the 1:8 scale from toynami.

Ok, so I thought I load some quick pics of mine.
I had to do another diorama base, as the first one got sold to another collector.

I promise that once the base is done I will take pics of the Batmobile with it. But as for right now, I will post some pics that I took just real quick after I did all the color correction.

Enjoy it with a glass of milk and a tasty chocolate donut !
Yeah !

IMG_5655.jpg

IMG_5654.jpg

IMG_5653.jpg

IMG_5649.jpg

IMG_5650.jpg

IMG_5647.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

IMG_5645.jpg

IMG_5641.jpg

IMG_5640.jpg

Stay tune for more pictures..... that's for f*#&ing sure babyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!!!

Great pics, Jed! Just out of curiosity, what's the packaging like on this beast?

The box is super cheap and flimsy. Real thin materials, unlike sideshow boxes.

Honestly overall, I don't think it's worth 2000 bucks.

I would price it around $600-$800

In my opinion, the Batwing is more impressive

The box is super cheap and flimsy. Real thin materials, unlike sideshow boxes.

Honestly overall, I don't think it's worth 2000 bucks.

I would price it around $600-$800

In my opinion, the Batwing is more impressive

Yeah, that's actually a fair estimation. Having had both the studio scale Batmobile and Batwing in kit form (and both came from the original studio scale molds which were pretty much remolded to create these new replicas) I always thought that the Batwing would build up into a better piece as the Batmobile like you and I both have come to the conclusion "is just a little bit off" in terms of the body and what's on there. Let's face it, we see more of the studio scale Batwing in the '89 film than we do of this 29" long Batmobile. Let's face it--the CM/Toynami/HCG Batmobile is a model of a model, not a true model of the full scale functioning car. What the company who made this replica should have done is create a three foot long replica of the actual car from scratch reproducing it in true 1/8 scale and just making it as screen accurate to the full scale car as possible in terms of its shape, paint and everything else that is on the car. Still, for what you get, this thing is fantastic. It is a replica of a studio scale prop that was seen on screen however briefly and the paint job does look awesome.

Last edited:
What you said is spot on.

Paint job is okay, I color corrected it alot too.

Cool beans. You painted the bats on the hubcaps, the exhaust cone, and the front headlights, eh? Did you use Tamiya paints or oils? Guess you airbrushed everything, right?

Oh, wait a minute. You did paint the body?

Back