Toy Story 4?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Things just got too melodramatic (the incinerator, give me a break) and the new characters annoyed the hell out of me (Jesse most of all). I mean they're certainly not awful, TS2 and TS3 but I think the end of TS2 pretty much summed up and capped off what was shown in TS3.

I prefer the original "buddy" film with the classic characters and a more enclosed, limiting setting (the house, Pizza Planet, Sid's House). The stuff that started it all.

I've got the same feelings towards Lord of the Rings. I love the Fellowship, but after that, I don't know the scope just gets too huge and everything gets muddled. Parts of the Two Towers and nearly all of the Return of the King get muddled down with big, loud, "epic", shots instead of being cohesive and "epic" in a smaller way. I know sequels are all about being bigger, but I'm not sure if that's actually better.

I'd love a Toy Story 4 but if not than more shorts at the beginning of the Pixar movies like they did at the beginning of Cars 2 with Toy Story goes Hawaii would suffice. I thought Cars 2 was mucgh better than Cars but the Toy Story short really made it worth while.

Like a lot here, I'd prefer this not to happen... The Toy Story series seems to have ended in a perfect way; to milk it for more sequels seems unnecessary.

I'd much rather see Pixar put their energy into new projects or even a sequel to one of their other films.

I agree that TS is a perfect trilogy, and am definitely a little wary of them expanding on it.

The bright spot as I see it is, they have shown respect and reverence to the TS franchise in its two sequels, so at least there is hope that another sequel will have the same level of quality.

Unlike Cars, which just looks like a cash grab. And hey, Pixar has brought me so much enjoyment and happiness that even though they already print money, I don't begrudge them an occasional cash grab.

I just want that to be the exception, not the norm.
Sums up my feelings pretty well.

Back