Iron Man 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pturtle

Super Freak
Reaction score
Robert Downey Jr. Confirms 'Iron Man 4' in the Works (Video) - TheWrap

“Ok, yes,” the Marvel actor confirms on “Ellen” when pressed by the talk show host

After rumors, speculation and jokes about Mel Gibson, Robert Downey, Jr. has finally confirmed that “Iron Man 4” is indeed in the works.

The actor appeared on “Ellen” on Tuesday to promote his new film “The Judge,” and the talk show host couldn't help but press him on whether there would be more Tony Stark adventures on the big screen.

Also read: ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Synopsis Details Sequel's Plot and Teases New Heroes

“I know there's going to be more Marvel movies, and they have big ideas of how to do it best,” Downey hedged at first. “We're in the middle of negotiations, blah blah blah.”

“So yes?” Ellen pressed.

Also read: Dominic Cooper to Reprise Howard Stark Role for ‘Marvel's Agent Carter’

“Ok, yes,” Downey admitted.

It's not surprising news, considering “Iron Man 3” has earned $1.2 billion worldwide, making it the fifth highest-grossing film ever.

I’m guessing the real Mandarin has to play a part in this movie somehow.

If he is actually in negotiations already for this then to me that means he's in for IM4. If Marvel wants him bad enough to even start negotiating, which they should imo, then I think they're willing to basically give him whatever he wants. I'm glad he still wants to continue on with this character.

Robert Downey Jr. clears up confusion, he is not in talks for IRON MAN 4 but will be involved with other upcoming Marvel movies.

There's no plans for an Iron Man 4. There's no script for Iron Man 4, but they do have a plan and I think they're going to announce it...they've very secretive about it."
"Just between us, no, but I'm going to do other stuff with Marvel. I'm still going to be involved with Marvel and there's gonna be plenty of fun stuff to happen."

WTF? Robert Downey Jr. Now Says No To IRON MAN 4 But Yes To More Marvel Movies

Robert Downey Jr. clears up confusion, he is not in talks for IRON MAN 4 but will be involved with other upcoming Marvel movies.

There's no plans for an Iron Man 4. There's no script for Iron Man 4, but they do have a plan and I think they're going to announce it...they've very secretive about it."
"Just between us, no, but I'm going to do other stuff with Marvel. I'm still going to be involved with Marvel and there's gonna be plenty of fun stuff to happen."

I am ok with this news...I don't want another IM until it's rebooted. I think Downey's IM ark for solo films ran its course. That said, I am not ready to let RDJ walk away from Stark so it's perfect to allow him to jump in other films, tv etc until their ready to reboot.

Ha! I just posted the same thing in the Avengers thread. I see this as him lowering his involvement to just cameos for future films, which I really think is a good idea actually. To me, it means that the next slew of IM films with more than likely star Rhodey and/or Pepper in her own suit, with Stark making an appearance here and there.

I never had any doubts... Now, just make it better than IM3 and as good as IM and we are good to go.

:lol I knew that this was more dumb bs like the people who mistook the off-hand Mel Gibson comment. It was obvious he was being pushed by Ellen in front of an audience of crazy screaming people.

He even did an AMA yesterday on Reddit that was after Ellen had aired in which he got the same question and said IM4 wasn't happening but other things were.

I never had any doubts... Now, just make it better than IM3 and as good as IM and we are good to go.

May want to rethink those doubts.

Back