TOY STORY 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
72 days for me :monkey2

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

:exactly: :lol

I'm only messing Ironfingaz that is frigging stupid to be so far behind everyone else getting it. :mad:

It really is. It's a freaking Pixar movie! They have no probems getting the Shreks and Ice Age's and other good to sucky animated movies but Pixar takes forever :gah:

I don't think I can wait much longer...

I seriously hope this reigns. I'm talking at least 3 weeks on top. Karate Kid, Knight and Day, Grown Ups, and Twilight can all look up from the number 2 and under spots.

Just got back from a midnight IMAX showing. Great great movie! I'd say possibly the best of the three, but idk that may be because it's more fresh in my mind. Full of humor, adventure, emotional, everything. Big applause at the end. Great to see in a crowded theater.

Last edited:
watched ts3 last night. it was a 3D screening, in a packed theatre.

have to say upfront that this isn't as good as the first two films. but it is a very worthy final (i hope!) entry and a perfect cap to the series.

what surprised me the most was how dark this movie is. i know pixar films have always had depth and an underlying subtext (or two) that have made them as much for adults as for kids. but this one kinda caught me off-guard with the maturity of its themes. toy story 3 deals with themes of aging, mortality and letting go.

as a result, it isn't as funny, breezy and gag-laden as the previous 2. the humour is still very much intact, and there are some brilliant gags (though some jokes feel kinda recycled), but part 3 takes on a more sobering tone in much of its story, esp towards the end.

the finale is a truly heart-wrenching experience, in a good way. if u find yourself unmoved by the resolution to the toys' plight, then u have a friggin heart of stone! many people in the audience were in tears, and i myself had a sizable lump in my throat. that's how involving the characters are. but then again, we as an audience have already invested so many years and so much goodwill towards buzz, woody and gang. so our feelings regarding their end is a totally natural thing. like andy, we feel a certain sense of ownership and protectiveness over them. and that is the magic of pixar. they build all these wonderful characters and genuinely bring them to life.

this ranks alongside the a-team as the best films of the summer, and maybe even the year...

Really looking forward to the film. Hoping to catch it in 3D.

My gf and I are going to watch Toy Story tonight, 2 tomorrow night, and 3 in IMAX 3D Sunday morning. Can't wait!

I was just about to post that... pretty crazy. Never seen a movie with 100% on opening day.

Pixar has a pretty good track record--but the three Toy Story movies are the only ones to get perfect scores at RT:

100%---Toy Story
91%----A Bug's Life
100%---Toy Story 2
95%----Monsters, Inc.
98%----Finding Nemo
97%----The Incredibles
74%----Cars
96%----Ratatouille
96%----WALL-E
98%----Up
100%---Toy Story 3

Back