Torn between two Batmen.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DX09 was a fantastic release with basically no QC issues as far as I know.

The TF release is amazing...if you get one without any problems. The trouble with that is that the problems were so rampant that TF bats with no issues are going to cost a pretty penny.

Nah. Obviously I can't speak for everyone and chinese sellers are known for selling a lot of fake, counterfeit crap, but thats mostly statues. There are many Hong Kong based super collectible shops, that people buy from regularly with no problems. Besides HK is kinda the capitol of HT, they don't need to produce knock offs, couse they are the ones making the real thing :) When it comes to 1/6 figures most of the stores are legit. I know some of them even offer more help and communication in order to avoid shipping taxes than US stores.

I don't know... something like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-TOYS-H...097?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5651a846b1 makes me nervous. It says it's "1000% genuine" it just seem sketchy. :pfft:

Good feedback, the price is accurate. I probably would buy if they were my only option.

I don't think there are bootleg DX09's yet anyways. There are only bootlegs of a few whole HT figures and a few headsculpts (which are painfully obvious to us).

Keaton hands down, tho i dont have the Begins (but will be the next one i get)

I recently bought the Dx 12 Hot Toys batman, and I love it but he's lonely since he's my only 1/6th scale. I am thinking about buying another batman to accompany him. Should I buy the Michael Keaton Dx 09 Batman or the Toy Fair Exclusive Batman Begins Batman. I like Batman Begins as a movie better than the 1989 Batman, but I feel like it's too similar to the Dx 12 as it's the same Batman. Also, what do you think a fair price would be for either item? Thank you!

You already know your answer :lecture

It looks totally different, I think should get the BB outfit.

The BB exclusive 2011 goes for around $300-350 on the board, check on the commerce, they do come up occasionally. :peace

I recently bought the Dx 12 Hot Toys batman, and I love it but he's lonely since he's my only 1/6th scale. I am thinking about buying another batman to accompany him. Should I buy the Michael Keaton Dx 09 Batman or the Toy Fair Exclusive Batman Begins Batman. I like Batman Begins as a movie better than the 1989 Batman, but I feel like it's too similar to the Dx 12 as it's the same Batman. Also, what do you think a fair price would be for either item? Thank you!

Go with the DX 09 Keaton Batman, you won't be sorry.

I have every Hot Toys Batman figure, including the DX 09 and Toy Fair Begins and I gotta say, the DX 09 is superior to the Begins in almost every way. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that the DX 09 is better than the DX 12. The DX 09 doesn't need any mods and has a fantastic cowl and mouth headsculpt.

The Begins figure has a crappy suit, broken ankles and has a finish that flakes off. It also has a garbage cape (only looks great with a custom cape) and a weird cape clip attachment. It also doesn't help how expensive it is on the secondary market.

The '89 DX 09 Keaton Batman only has ONE problem, the PERS panel seam on the back of his head. However, if his appearance from behind doesn't bother you though, it's a none issue. The headsculpt, suit/body, cape and accessories are all fantastic.

Toy Fair Begins Batman also has literally the same accessories and weapons that your DX 12 Batman has except the DX 12 Batman's are superior. With the Keaton Batman, you're getting all new accessories/weapons. A new grapple gun, a new Batarang, bombs, ninja stars, etc. etc. You already have a Bale version, so ask yourself. Would you rather have a variety of both Keaton Batman and Bale Batman as bookends, or two Bale Batman figures?

11082520502d7622154cdaca7e.jpg

1108252048dd96d47094be5bfc.jpg

Vs.

P1160277.jpg

picture.php

Last edited:
Go with the DX 09 Keaton Batman, you won't be sorry.

I have every Hot Toys Batman figure, including the DX 09 and Toy Fair Begins and I gotta say, the DX 09 is superior to the Begins in almost every way. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that the DX 09 is better than the DX 12. The DX 09 doesn't need any mods and has a fantastic cowl and mouth headsculpt.

The Begins figure has a crappy suit, broken ankles and has a finish that flakes off. It also has a garbage cape (only looks great with a custom cape) and a weird cape clip attachment. It also doesn't help how expensive it is on the secondary market.

The '89 DX 09 Keaton Batman only has ONE problem, the PERS panel seam on the back of his head. However, if his appearance from behind doesn't bother you though, it's a none issue. The headsculpt, suit/body, cape and accessories are all fantastic.

Toy Fair Begins Batman also has literally the same accessories and weapons that your DX 12 Batman has except the DX 12 Batman's are superior. With the Keaton Batman, you're getting all new accessories/weapons. A new grapple gun, a new Batarang, bombs, ninja stars, etc. etc. You already have a Bale version, so ask yourself. Would you rather have a variety of both Keaton Batman and Bale Batman as bookends, or two Bale Batman figures?

11082520502d7622154cdaca7e.jpg

1108252048dd96d47094be5bfc.jpg

Vs.

P1160277.jpg

picture.php

THIS. :lecture

And having DX09 Michael Keaton Batman would give you and your DX12 an equal representation of both the modern Batmen in movie history, especially if you plan not to get more 1/6 scale Batman-related.

But of course, at the end of the day, you gotta do what would make you feel happiest :)

Last edited:
I think the begins suit is more iconic. I would get that one if I had to have one.

It might be for some (it is for me), but as a figure it a risky affair. Especially with those ridiculous Ebay prices. For all the love HT seems to have for Nolanverse bats, we never truly got a quintessential representation of either BB or TDK suits in 1/6 scale. There was always something wrong with those figures. Some stupid production or sculpt flaw, that could easily be avoided. HT 89 is pretty much THE Keaton Bats fig, having only minor, insignificant flaws. As figure collector, I say You can't go wrong with 89.

Last edited:
Wow this is hard. On the one hand this figure is quite expensive and -from what people say- fragile (the rubber suit worries me the most), on the other hand I really want a Begins figure and the Medicom/Takara look far inferior to the TF version. Then again a DX version is probably not coming in 2013, if ever....
I wish Enterbay did 1/6 scale figures...

Back