Torn between two Batmen.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You already know your answer :lecture

It looks totally different, I think should get the BB outfit.

The BB exclusive 2011 goes for around $300-350 on the board, check on the commerce, they do come up occasionally. :peace

HOly ****!! That much??

I think the begins suit is more iconic. I would get that one if I had to have one.

How do you figure? Im not sure how you make that as argument. People use that word may too much around here.

Some use wrong altogether.

I gonna go with the Dx 09 for sure. Too many horror stories with the BB. I think I'll just stick with the Dx 12 for my Nolan Fix. All of my LCS's jacked up the prices so much though! One is asking $425 for the Dx 09 and the other $350!!! Where do these people get these prices from?! Guess I'll just scout ebay.

Am I the only one who really dislikes how the Enterbay Bats looks? I saw it in person, and I'm just not impressed it all. It looks way too much like a doll to be. He's too fat, the suit is way too dry looking and the proportions just looks a bit off to me.

I gonna go with the Dx 09 for sure. Too many horror stories with the BB. I think I'll just stick with the Dx 12 for my Nolan Fix. All of my LCS's jacked up the prices so much though! One is asking $425 for the Dx 09 and the other $350!!! Where do these people get these prices from?! Guess I'll just scout ebay.

Am I the only one who really dislikes how the Enterbay Bats looks? I saw it in person, and I'm just not impressed it all. It looks way too much like a doll to be. He's too fat, the suit is way too dry looking and the proportions just looks a bit off to me.

Whoa. THose are high prices, man. I'm sure you can still get a MISB DX09 for less than $300 somewhere. Goodluck looking for one!

As for the EB Batman, most Batman fans concur that by far it's the best Batman figure/collectible made, like what the 1/4 BD T800 is for Terminator fans. And yeah, both are from Enterbay, so that's telling Hot Toys a lot :lol but of course, some people would not agree that it's worth its price. I did some "liposuction" on my EB Bats around the tummy area and he now looks sharp. And the suit is of high quality, it's matte, "dry-looking" surface actually makes the figure virtually dust-free :)

The DX09 is a more interesting looking figure. The dark black suit and the way light plays off it along with the bright yellow parts, leather-like cape, and glossy boots.

Only issue I've seen is the tape keeping the magnet in on the belt leaves an "oily" mark on the suit if you take off the protective paper wrapping. This is easily rectified by removing the tape and cleaning up that area of the belt. You can then keep the magnet in by using a tiny dab of super glue on the belt if you wish. I've had no problems since I've done this.

HOly ****!! That much??

How do you figure? Im not sure how you make that as argument. People use that word may too much around here.

Some use wrong altogether.

No argument here...just my opinion. While I like the suit in TDK it just doesn't really stick out for me. The begins suit sorta looks like the modern version of what they were doing with the keaton batman. The TDK suit is militaristic and looks functional but when I think of Nolan batman I think of rebooting the series with batman begins. That was an exciting time.

It's totally personal taste but I would say the misfits fiend is more iconic than the samhain logo..even more so than the danzig logo.

I do agree that the word is probably overused. When you are fan of these sorts of movies or comics you tend to create a consensus on what is popular when it may not even be remotely true for the general population.

I already have Joker 2.0 on preorder. :wink1: I feel like I "need" another Batman though.

I feel like if you feel a need to have another Batman, then get the Keaton one, if you like those Tim Burton movies. Cant really see the point of owning 2 of the same Batman, even if the suits are different.

The answer is easy, get the DX09. The Toy Fair's Batman is a POS

POS? Really? That's extremely harsh.

I have all the ones you're considering, but I would personally recommend the Batman Begins Batman. Deciding which 1/6 figure you buy is a very personal decision. I'm a huge Nolan fan so this makes it an easy decision for me. I would only truly consider the 89 Batman if you could also get the 89 Joker to pair him with. I personally would rather have the 89 Joker over the 89 Batman.

The 89 Batman would get a solid 9.2 rating from me... the 89 Joker getting a 9.5 rating... and the Batman Begins gets a 8.3 from me. But wait TotalDominAsian... that makes no sense! It does to me... the 89 Batman has a much better cape, increased flexibility, far more accessories (But that's really due to what's actually in their respective movies), a DX stand, and an awesome PERS set up. But you can easily make up ground for the Batman Begins with a custom cape. And you can't really display the 89 Batman with all his accessories at the same time... and it's not that hard to find an awesome/intimidating pose with the Batman Begins and just leave it there. The Batman Begins version always attracts attention in my detolfs... but while people eventually notice the 89 Batman... their attention is completely drawn to the 89 Joker in the same Detolf shelf. "OMG THAT'S JACK NICHOLSON!"

Again... completely personal decision. It would be very hard for them to execute a better 89 Batman... the Batman Begins does have flaws... but I just feel it gets far more attention/praise from friends who see it. And let's be honest.... it's got a ridiculously intimidating presence.

I think the '89 Batman has way more of a presence and is more intimidating. I'm surprised we don't see more pictures of the figure, sort of like this,

1250716626_zps4e268861.jpg

I know Maulfan took a ton of great pictures that really showed off the '89 Batman, can't access them for some reason though.

DX 09 has a lot of accessories but the toy fair that man is freaking awesome thing about the toy fair Batman is that every single figure I've seen as the broken foot in the boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DX 09 has a lot of accessories but the toy fair that man is freaking awesome thing about the toy fair Batman is that every single figure I've seen as the broken foot in the boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer the TF Batman. Mine has had no problems. No broken foot. No weird suit chaffing. Nothing. Just fine.

I like the Begins suit a lot better than the 89 suit, and Begins a lot better than 89 Batman ... so it'd be an easy choice for me. Even if the 89 figure is a little better (I don't know if it is, I didn't buy one), I'd rather have the Begins figure.

SnakeDoc

You're missing out, the DX 09 isn't a little better than the TF ex. It's a lot. It's a great figure, one of the best.

The TF is without a doubt the cheapest 1/6 Batman I own. The Original Costume version is much, much better. I actually feel bad paying $224 (plus the extra for the custom cape), I can't imagine paying $350 or whatever the thing is going for now. Not with the increased chances of damage.

One Keaton, one bale
I still prefer the Keaton, but I'm 34 and grew up with the Keaton batman

It would be better to get both. But if you really have to choose; Hot toys did a better job of capturing the Keaton version than the Toy fair Begins version. If you look at Maglor's photos or other good shots of Keaton's version, you'd swear it was a photo from the movie.

If it's just about getting 2 Batmen on your shelf, you could also consider the upcoming Adam West Batman. At least you can pre-order it and not deal with crazy secondary market prices and it is one of the more recognizable representation of Batman. Plus, he is as different as he can be from the Bale Batman.

PD137956352430C.jpg

Last edited:
Back