Torn between two Batmen.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decoyoctopus10

Super Freak
Reaction score
I recently bought the Dx 12 Hot Toys batman, and I love it but he's lonely since he's my only 1/6th scale. I am thinking about buying another batman to accompany him. Should I buy the Michael Keaton Dx 09 Batman or the Toy Fair Exclusive Batman Begins Batman. I like Batman Begins as a movie better than the 1989 Batman, but I feel like it's too similar to the Dx 12 as it's the same Batman. Also, what do you think a fair price would be for either item? Thank you!

I think Keaton is a better figure and can be bought for a reasonable price in comparison to the BB Toy Fair.

The Toy Fair figure has loose/broken ankles and the paint can easily be rubbed off the suit.

I'd probably go with the Batman Begins Toy Fair figure myself but he's pretty expensive normally. I'd like to have him though to have both looks from the Nolan films personally. Even the first night gear look is pretty cool if you ask me. The Keaton figure is cool too but I personally would rather have the Returns style suit so I'm holding out in hopes that gets made someday.

Even though I prefer Nolans BB batsuit design over the 89 version (BB version has a beastly look and better shelf presence as a figure), I must admit that Toy Fair BB probably has more quality issues than any HT figure ever (or one of the worst at least). Buying one is a lottery couse there is every chance in the world You are gonna end up with a very expensive lemon, and if You do get a lemon, then it will probably be broken in more ways than one. Plus even if Yours will be 100% mint, the figure is more delicate and harder to handle than other Batman versions.

Also, note that for all its awesomness, the TF BB is just a re-issue of on older figure, with some slight improvements and its not as faithfull a representation of the BB suit, as HT Keaton Bats is of the 89 version.

So I'll put it this way: if You buy the TF BB You can theoretically end up with one of the most, if not the most awesome looking Batman out there, but You are risking a lot. Buying the 89 version on the other hand will 100% mean You'll get a fantastic Dark Knight and one of HT best figures to date.

Also TF BB requires a custom cape. With Batman figures, its mandatory at this point. The fake leather cape of 89 can be futzed to look good, with some effort.

Then, after you've spent about $1000, think about selling some off so you can make room for 1/4 scale.
:lol Let's hope I never go that crazy. I was thinking about Bane though. I'm not too fond of the eyes on him though. I don't see the Tom Hardy in him at all (also no nose). Catwoman is an easy pass because I haven't been a fan of Barbie Dolls since my feminine years back in the single digits.

but...she's really cool.

if they had made "barbies" like her when i was a kid maybe i'd've played with them.

if you already have joker 2.0, it will look great with noland batman.
If you really want a batman for your collection, you should go for the 89 one, is amazing!!! I'm sure you will not regret buying that figure... but maybe then you will need nicholson joker =/
you can also buy the batpod to go with your batman ;)

I have all three and would go with Keaton Bats. I prefer BB to 89, but as was said before, Keaton Bats is an amazing figure and arguably one of HT's best.

Even though I prefer Nolans BB batsuit design over the 89 version (BB version has a beastly look and better shelf presence as a figure), I must admit that Toy Fair BB probably has more quality issues than any HT figure ever (or one of the worst at least). Buying one is a lottery couse there is every chance in the world You are gonna end up with a very expensive lemon, and if You do get a lemon, then it will probably be broken in more ways than one. Plus even if Yours will be 100% mint, the figure is more delicate and harder to handle than other Batman versions.

Also, note that for all its awesomness, the TF BB is just a re-issue of on older figure, with some slight improvements and its not as faithfull a representation of the BB suit, as HT Keaton Bats is of the 89 version.

So I'll put it this way: if You buy the TF BB You can theoretically end up with one of the most, if not the most awesome looking Batman out there, but You are risking a lot. Buying the 89 version on the other hand will 100% mean You'll get a fantastic Dark Knight and one of HT best figures to date.

Also TF BB requires a custom cape. With Batman figures, its mandatory at this point. The fake leather cape of 89 can be futzed to look good, with some effort.

So pretty much I should get both :lol. If only. Thanks for the input though. I'd rather not get burned on a large purchase like this.

@Rodan:

Damnit man, I'm not Bruce Wayne, Mega Billionaire. I can probably only afford one more (for now. :p)

@deathbyexile:

I don't know man, it's something with the hair. And the face... And the body... It just looks way too dollish for me.

@FDBMath:

You prefer for BB movie to the 89 or the figure?

I think if you are a "batman" fan, and not a "noland batman" fan, you shoulg go for the 89 bats. It looks diferent, It's an amazing figure, and, kmon, It's michael keaton bats!!!! the film that bring batman alive again (and then killed by schumager, and then back to life with noland)
It's a rollercoaster!!!

I think if you are a "batman" fan, and not a "noland batman" fan, you shoulg go for the 89 bats. It looks diferent, It's an amazing figure, and, kmon, It's michael keaton bats!!!! the film that bring batman alive again (and then killed by schumager, and then back to life with noland)
It's a rollercoaster!!!
It just irks me that Burton Batman murders... a lot.

Back