Torn between two Batmen.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, go with 89. Its the safer choice. HT Batman figs are notorious for having a variety of different problems and quality issues, but with 89 You are guaranteed to be happy with it out of the box. The Toy Fair version on the other hand is very risky, especially at this price range. Besides now that Nolan trilogy is over and we still havent got the quintessential BB 1/6 figure, there's a small chance that HT will release a proper Begins Bats, somewhere in the future. I really don't see another 89 coming soon, since they pretty much nailed it the first time.

Last edited:
jajaja, yep. They say thats cause we are on diferent times, we cant let batman catch someone with a net and send them to the cops... they need a dark batman

BatmanHD462_zps8d3e5fbb.jpg

:lol Let's hope I never go that crazy. I was thinking about Bane though. I'm not too fond of the eyes on him though. I don't see the Tom Hardy in him at all (also no nose). Catwoman is an easy pass because I haven't been a fan of Barbie Dolls since my feminine years back in the single digits.

You will......

You will......

I know I will. >> It's only a matter of time.

@Rodan:

That's a sick picture. But I'm thinking of in Batman Returns when he puts TNT in the guy's pants and laughs as he blows up. That's not very Batman like to me. Hahaha.

@TheProcrastinator:

Thanks for the input man. I'm definitely leaning towards Keaton now. How much do you think I should pay?

as you know... madness is like gravity, all you need is a little push

yep, that's not very "batman", but THE FIGURE is amazing.
and if you are not 100% sold, go for the BB figure, and wait for the returns batman, maybe it will be great too, and with a keaton (bruce wayne) sculp.

as an owner of both 89 and begins Batman, I must say 89 Batman is a lot more impressive on the shelf. It's a beautiful figure and will awe you a lot more than begins Batman.

as an owner of both 89 and begins Batman, I must say 89 Batman is a lot more impressive on the shelf. It's a beautiful figure and will awe you a lot more than begins Batman.

:lecture:exactly:
the wired cape on 89 batman is great too... not too great if you want a naturay hang neutral pose batman, but is cool to make action poses, or wind blowing cape

Get the Keaton Batman. Don't gamble on the TF Begins one. I had mine since release with only a single ankle problem, but sold him off this week and somehow between my house and the buyer's, one of his arms broke and his knee popped out of place. It's not worth the money at all. Hell, for what one of those will run you, you could buy Enterbay's 1/4 Begins Batman and he crushes HT's.

as you know... madness is like gravity, all you need is a little push

yep, that's not very "batman", but THE FIGURE is amazing.
and if you are not 100% sold, go for the BB figure, and wait for the returns batman, maybe it will be great too, and with a keaton (bruce wayne) sculp.

I always thought the he was out of place as Bruce Wayne. He looks too dweeby.

Thanks for the input. It does look more impressive even in photos.

Get the Keaton Batman. Don't gamble on the TF Begins one. I had mine since release with only a single ankle problem, but sold him off this week and somehow between my house and the buyer's, one of his arms broke and his knee popped out of place. It's not worth the money at all. Hell, for what one of those will run you, you could buy Enterbay's 1/4 Begins Batman and he crushes HT's.

Something seems off about the Enterbay Batman to me and 1/4 is too big for me. I feel like the enterbay figure is too fat.

The answer is easy, get the DX09. The Toy Fair's Batman is a POS

Hahaha right to the point. Is it really that bad?

Besides the broken ankles issue, what other quality problems have you guys run into with the TF Batman? The rubber suit?

There are so many, I forgot most of them :) Check the first pages of the TFBB thread. There should be many posts of people complaining about broken ankes, damadged suits, dust magnet rubber and many other issues :). I actually lucked out with my TF BB, as its mostly problem free and looking absolutely dope and boss on the shelf, but I heard enough reports to know that generaly speaking, this figure is a nightmare as far as quality problems go.

It's only a matter of How much do you think I should pay?

Hmmm, not sure whats the reasonable price for it these days. Many ebay "Buy It Now" listings go for about 250-300, tough I am sure if You lurk long enough, You can find some private collector's auction for a better price, since the figure is popular enough, that it pops out on Ebay quite often.

Hmmm, not sure whats the reasonable price for it these days. Many ebay "Buy It Now" listings go for about 250-300, tough I am sure if You lurk long enough, You can find some private collector's auction for a better price, since the figure is popular enough, that it pops out on Ebay quite often.

This may be a stupid question but are the hong kong sellers bootleggers?

I think like the other members have said get the joker or bane, But if it has to be

:fireworksBATMAN ON BATMAN ACTION!!!!!:fireworks get the keaton.

This may be a stupid question but are the hong kong sellers bootleggers?

Nah. Obviously I can't speak for everyone and chinese sellers are known for selling a lot of fake, counterfeit crap, but thats mostly statues. There are many Hong Kong based super collectible shops, that people buy from regularly with no problems. Besides HK is kinda the capitol of HT, they don't need to produce knock offs, couse they are the ones making the real thing :) When it comes to 1/6 figures most of the stores are legit. I know some of them even offer more help and communication in order to avoid shipping taxes than US stores.

Last edited:
I already have Joker 2.0 on preorder. :wink1: I feel like I "need" another Batman though.

I do not think the begins suit looks that similar,even though its the same character it is a lot bulkier and also shows the evolution of the suit.yes you will pay more but you also have 2 different display options,begins suit or prototype batman and if you go with proto bats you can go maskless and they look completly different.

Back