Torchwood USA!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Series 1 got better toward the end.. but even by the end I still wanted to snap Owen's neck. Hopefully series 2 will be better.

Actually, what I'd like to see is Gwen thrown into the cell with one of the Weevils, and then have everyone else just sort of get busy with other things. She alone is so annoying to me that it makes the show almost unwatchable.

But I also agree with Dave, that it really bothers me that Captain Jack is so completely unlike his Doctor Who character. It seems that they just needed to come up with some excuse to link it to the Who universe, but didn't really want that character to be the anchor, at least not as originally written. Too bad, too, because that character could have really added something to the character dynamics.

Just finished episode one. I like it okay, I'm hoping it gets better. Also hoping we see more Captain Jack; he really needs to be the main character.

As for differences between Torchwood Captain Jack and Doctor Who Captain Jack, I think that can be attributed to the ordeal he went through in "The Parting of Ways." I'd imagine dying, being resurrected, and then stranded in a strange time/place (and who know what he went through to get to where he is now) would change a person a bit.

I think I'm going to hold out for the HD versions from now on. They aren't cut for language or time on HDNet. The episode is only 50 mins., so they're only cutting about 5 mins for BBCA, but it does make a difference. Although there are some faces that aren't really made for HD...

I wish they'd show Who on HDNet.

Yeah, HDnet could really show some great stuff... not sure this show would be up there, but its okay.

I'm hoping since they're showing Enterprise they might eventually air the HD TOS episodes :rock

The Captain Jack character change is addressed when he returns to Doctor Who in the last three episodes of series three.

I won't spoil it for fans of the show who haven't seen it yet, but it kinda settles up everything that went on at the end of Parting Of The Ways and Jack sort of makes his peace with the Doctor and returns to Torchwood much more like his old self.

So hopefully when season two comes out that should be acknowledged and Jack should go back to his original self.

Far less brooding please:D

I wanted to check out the first episode when it debuted on BBCA but I forgot about it. I did catch both episodes Saturday night though. The first ep was interesting but I got kinda bored halfway through the second ep.

I wasn't aware that it is also airing on HDNet. Do they only show it on Monday nights? I'll have to start watching it on HDNet.

I hate to admit but I'm not a Dr. Who fan but I really enjoy this series.

Any word when this is going to come out on region 1 DVD?

I'd love to see these episodes unedited.

I wanted to check out the first episode when it debuted on BBCA but I forgot about it. I did catch both episodes Saturday night though. The first ep was interesting but I got kinda bored halfway through the second ep.

I wasn't aware that it is also airing on HDNet. Do they only show it on Monday nights? I'll have to start watching it on HDNet.

I think they played it like 3 times on Monday, but I don't think it will be played on any other days. I'll check the listings though and get back to you.

I stand corrected, HDnet are playing the crap out of the first episode all week. Its playing tonight, Thursday and then at least 4 times on Saturday :google

Should be easy to catch.

3 episodes in, I'd have to say I'm liking this show a lot.

Now that the Season 3 finale of Doctor Who has aired, I must say I'm waaaaaay more interested in the Captain Jack character (not that I wasn't interested before).

Yea, after seeing the Who finale it does make me more invested in Jack. I'm so glad I wasn't spoiled for his last line.

SPOILERS

But the hand is in the Tardis? Is there another episode where the Doctor visits again? Or is there a Torchwood where the hand is gone and Jack has to explain it?

Yea, after seeing the Who finale it does make me more invested in Jack. I'm so glad I wasn't spoiled for his last line.

SPOILERS

But the hand is in the Tardis? Is there another episode where the Doctor visits again? Or is there a Torchwood where the hand is gone and Jack has to explain it?

Ill actual be curious to see how this is worked out in Torchwood myself. Interesting things happen at the end of the season... interesting in the fact that it has ZERO continuity.

SPOILERS

I think they've screwed up how they aired Doctor Who and Torchwood in the states and that's what's caused the confusion.

Basically Torchwood season one picks up directly after Doomsday and then the season finale of season one leads Jack into his three episode guest stint on Doctor Who at the end of it's third season, so the episodes of Torchwood that are airing in the states at the moment are set before Jack meets up with the Doctor and Martha.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

I think they've screwed up how they aired Doctor Who and Torchwood in the states and that's what's caused the confusion.

Basically Torchwood season one picks up directly after Doomsday and then the season finale of season one leads Jack into his three episode guest stint on Doctor Who at the end of it's third season, so the episodes of Torchwood that are airing in the states at the moment are set before Jack meets up with the Doctor and Martha.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

Sounds about right, Doctor Who season 1, Who season 2, Torchwood season1 and Who season 3 then another Torchwood season.

yea, torchwood is supposed to air in front of the last couple episodes of who. don't know why BBC America didn't see this coming and start airing Torchwood before sci-fi's who.

Back