Torchwood USA!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone gonna be listening to "Lost Souls" tomorrow? (er, I guess it'd be "today" for you UK guys)

I'm still trying to figure out a way to hear it in the States... If any of you are recording it...

Is this available as a torrent download? I had no idea there was a sub culture of DR WHO radio dramas.

It's getting released on CD as well in the UK on 11th September.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Torchwood-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220785976&sr=8-1

There's a really long established culture of Doctor Who audios in the UK by a producer called Big Finish (although I'm not sure how many of these releases have made their way abroad).

Most of the Big Finish productions are based around the classic series of Who. Although some brand new exclusive to audio adventures from Nu Who have started to show up in the form of Pest Control and the forthcoming Forever Trap. Hopefully more will be in the works.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220786561&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220786584&sr=1-1

Last edited:
There's a really long established culture of Doctor Who audios in the UK by a producer called Big Finish...

My commute just got 30 minutes longer, I was thinking of hitting the eighth Doctor adventures, in order, from Big Finish (download, of course) to pass the time.

Do you own any, Jabba? Any recommendations for Colin, Davison, or McCoy stories?

Last edited:
Listened to Lost Souls last night. I won't spoil any of the plot details here but the stories pretty decent (get it while you can). The only very minor complaint I have about it is that Freema's voice sounded a little different to how it usually does when she plays Martha. Then again it was the first time I'd heard her act without seeing her so it could've been me, but she just didn't sound right. Also Martha was given very little to do in the story. Still it tied into where the series is at pretty nicely and there was a nice mention of an old TW character. You'll know what I mean when you hear it.

I liked Lost Souls a lot. Lots of good chemistry between the team, the story was timely, and no Rhys. Good stuff.

I was surprised at how well the main cast (Jack, Ianto, Gwen) sounded in audio play form. Audio is a completely different beast than television as far as acting goes (or so I've heard), and I thought they pulled it off nicely.

I know the Torchwood site was UK only, is there a difficulty in downloading the Lost Souls drama out of the UK? I tried 3 times and screwed up 3 different CD's trying it. Anyone able to help me out?

Worked fine for me. Are you having trouble downloading or burning? If you're trying to download and burn at the same time, then that's your problem. Download, then burn.

What software are you using? Are you playing the mp3 from the BBC's web site, or did you download it to your hard drive?

I keep trying to download it by hitting the blue download icon, but it just keeps starting to play right off in Windows media player. :banghead

I liked Lost Souls a lot. Lots of good chemistry between the team, the story was timely, and no Rhys. Good stuff.

I was surprised at how well the main cast (Jack, Ianto, Gwen) sounded in audio play form. Audio is a completely different beast than television as far as acting goes (or so I've heard), and I thought they pulled it off nicely.

Yeah the main Torchwood cast equipped themselves well, but I think they'd had practice before Lost Souls as they'd each read an audio version of one of the Torchwood novels. Mind you Freema has read a couple of audio Who novels as well, so you'd think she'd have been better. Still, I guess some actors take to audio better than others. Jack and Gwen were particularly good. I could almost visualise John Barrowman saying the lines and he didn't sound too cheesy using the dialogue to try explaining things you couldn't see.

Glad you got your download sorted out in the end Ironman1188, what did you think of Lost Souls when you heard it?

I thought Lost Souls was pretty good. It felt like a episode of Torchwood and was very well produced, but the story was kind of meh compared to the TV series.

Yeah the main Torchwood cast equipped themselves well, but I think they'd had practice before Lost Souls as they'd each read an audio version of one of the Torchwood novels. Mind you Freema has read a couple of audio Who novels as well, so you'd think she'd have been better. Still, I guess some actors take to audio better than others. Jack and Gwen were particularly good. I could almost visualise John Barrowman saying the lines and he didn't sound too cheesy using the dialogue to try explaining things you couldn't see.

Glad you got your download sorted out in the end Ironman1188, what did you think of Lost Souls when you heard it?

Thoroughly enjoyed it!!
Are there anymore audio dramas like it available?

Back