Top Hot Toys Figure for 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What was your top Hot Toys figure for 2013?

• Iron Man Mark VII

Votes: 27 14.2%
  • Loki

Votes: 16 8.4%
  • Hulk

Votes: 45 23.7%
  • Iron Man Mark VII (Battle Damaged Version)

Votes: 16 8.4%
  • Captain America (The Avengers)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Iron Man Midas Mark XX1

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • The Amazing Spider Man

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • The Joker DX11

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Bane (TDKR)

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Other (Tell in comments)

Votes: 43 22.6%

• Total voters
Voted Loki - the first ever Hot Toys figure I brought. Love the detailing on the outfit, great likeness, just an awesome figure and my favourite so far! :)

I dunno I enjoyed all the Dx releases particularly Dx13.

In terms of MMS releases Avengers Cap, Loki, Hulk along with MoS were pretty solid. I will go other picking sentimental favorite "The Crow" which appears headed out prior to the end of 2013. Great year for collecting...

The Hulk is leading? Wow. Basic green plastic man in just pants and very exposed ugly looking joints.

The Hulk is leading? Wow. Basic green plastic man in just pants and very exposed ugly looking joints.
620421d1360017524-how-jailbreak-your-iphone-5-ios-6-x-idevice-evasi0n-yep-you-mad.gif

I think HT Hulk is as good as the best 1/6 ARTICULATED Hulk we could get, until HT or any high-end company can re-create a durable material resilient enough to tearing when the arms/shoulders are raised on a Hulk figure with no visible joint. Make that material pliable enough to bend too, given that the arms/torso/legs would be very thickly-muscled.

There's always SSC Maquette if you want a Hulk with no visible joints.

I believe its been released in Hong Kong but SS is supposed to start shipping January 2014.

I think HT Hulk is as good as the best 1/6 ARTICULATED Hulk we could get, until HT or any high-end company can re-create a durable material resilient enough to tearing when the arms/shoulders are raised on a Hulk figure with no visible joint. Make that material pliable enough to bend too, given that the arms/torso/legs would be very thickly-muscled.

My point is if you compare the tailoring that goes into creating Hulk's very basic and simple pants vs Loki or Thor's costume then there is no comparison. You look at the amount of parts and detail of the Hulk vs the amount of detail and parts of the Mark 7 there is no comparison either. Hulk could just as well be a Neca figure. It is not close to being a Top Hot toys figure.

If you're focus on the Hulk set is tailoring or extra parts then you completely miss what makes that figure an achievement in the sixth scale.

Iron Monger had zero tailoring and zero extra parts, yet stomps pretty much every release for 2012. It about setting a new bar for what can be done without looking like a Neca joke.

I think HT is leaning towards sacrificing "invisible" joints in favor of better articulation...as can be seen in the new TDW Thor(s)

My point is if you compare the tailoring that goes into creating Hulk's very basic and simple pants vs Loki or Thor's costume then there is no comparison. You look at the amount of parts and detail of the Hulk vs the amount of detail and parts of the Mark 7 there is no comparison either. Hulk could just as well be a Neca figure. It is not close to being a Top Hot toys figure.

I voted for the green monster as well. Everyone is entitled to there own opinions. We seen thor and iron man in the past so it's more of an upgrade to me but not making it the top figure of 2013. Hulk is unique and never before seen by hot toys or any other 1/6 scale company. Hulk was sculpted from the ground up. The amount of detail on the muscles, veins, wrinkles is enough detail to compare or surpass loki and thor. But in the end there all great figures and none have disappointed me.

Your point, taken. Maybe I focused on the latter part of your original post that is regarding the visible joints, knowing how much you hated them the way you posted on other sections and threads if I remember correctly. "Hulk could just as well be a Neca figure" I find too much though, but that's your opinion.

Agree with Y4NK33 regarding the clothing, as well. It's not the end-all and be-all of a great figure to me. I'll take Hulk over Avengers Thor anytime regardless of one's lack of costume and the other's spectacular tailoring, but that's just me.

Back