Top Gun: Maverick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Top Gun 2

Would be nice to get actual aircraft footage like with the original, but I highly doubt it.

I expect lots of CGI.
Tho Tom loves real stunts and **** so maybe it wont be too much.

Then again, I do not care for the movie anyway and wont be seein' it. :lol

Would be nice to get actual aircraft footage like with the original, but I highly doubt it.

Fortunately, F-18 footage is in abundance. Some really good stuff also. Plus the USN operates twin seaters also so getting the actors up for some genuine footage should be a valid option if the budget allows. Or maybe they will do it as a recruitment tool, they are struggling for pilots I believe. The USAF certainly is. CGI will NOT cut it...

This guys call-sign couldn't be further from the truth, he made it look easy.

Geez!
It takes me 20+ attempts to do that in a flight simulator.

Call sign should be "No-sweat!"

Geez!
It takes me 20+ attempts to do that in a flight simulator.

Call sign should be "No-sweat!"

If you like flight sims, have you tried DCS World? They coincidentally released their F-18c this week into early access. It's not a cheap sim to really get into, but they have regular sales with large discounts. And the base game is free with an SU-25 and an unarmed version of the P-51d... https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

Be warned though, while the sim is a ton of fun, it is fairly full on with it's detail so manual reading and tutorial watching is mandatory. Although the Flaming cliffs 3 addon is a bit more simplified, missing the clickable cockpits etc and including a few exciting jets (F-15c, Mig 29, SU-27, SU-3 etc) So is a good introduction to the sim.

F/A-18c trailer.

Some people actually playing with the F-18 in multiplayer which might give you a better idea of how DCS world plays...

And if you're really a sucker for punishment, here's how to properly land on a carrier in DCS. This will rarely happen in a multiplayer server which will be a swarm of burning F-18's for a while now ;)

I doubt it. I saw a video of him lately, he's lost weight and his voice and speech are badly affected by surgery from throat cancer. As a huge fan of his, this video shocked me, just a heads up.

DAMN. That's rough. He was one of my favorites growing up in the 90s. I mean he still is, he's Chris Sherherlis FFS.

9ISSTJc.gif

Holliday > All his other roles by a wide margin

Back