Top Gun: Maverick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Top Gun 2

Not sure this is needed, but I will be there for sure. TG was one of the first movies I remember watching with my father, so a sense of nostalgia will make me go see this if nothing else.

Are you referring to the gay connotations that surround this film?

Are you referring to the gay connotations that surround this film?

Heh. Just edged out by Nightmare on Elm Street 2 for subliminally gayest movie ever made.

Not interested. The first one is overrated.

SnakeDoc

Not interested. The first one is overrated.

Well that's a personal opinion, I watched the first one at least four or five times a week as a young lad, at an age where any gay connotations of the movie was lost on me and had no relevance... And still don't frankly, I think some people read way too much into it, it was simple, camp fun. I watched it because I love fighter jets, I always wanted to be a fighter pilot and still do even though it is far too late for me now, not that this movie really represented the role in any genuine fashion. But it had cool jets, and cool actors at the time and that was enough for me. Top Gun was never intended to be a deep, thought provoking movie, it was just a wild ride with F-14's and imitation Migs (F-5's) battling it out in adrenaline fueled fights with the same missile shot used over and over again. It was a popcorn flick and a pretty good one. If the second follows the same formula, I'll be happy. All of that said, I was born in 86, the year this released so can't speak for how it was received at the time.

Well that's a personal opinion, I watched the first one at least four or five times a week as a young lad, at an age where any gay connotations of the movie was lost on me and had no relevance... And still don't frankly, I think some people read way too much into it, it was simple, camp fun. I watched it because I love fighter jets, I always wanted to be a fighter pilot and still do even though it is far too late for me now, not that this movie really represented the role in any genuine fashion. But it had cool jets, and cool actors at the time and that was enough for me. Top Gun was never intended to be a deep, thought provoking movie, it was just a wild ride with F-14's and imitation Migs (F-5's) battling it out in adrenaline fueled fights with the same missile shot used over and over again. It was a popcorn flick and a pretty good one. If the second follows the same formula, I'll be happy. All of that said, I was born in 86, the year this released so can't speak for how it was received at the time.

Nail. Head

:duff

ylm0ZCn.gif

Nice to see an F/A-18 in the picture. Here's to hoping they are the stars of the show this time around rather than the rumored drones.....

Back