Top 5 Things why the OT Didn't Work for Me

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nothingface35

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK, this is more of a tongue in cheek sort of post since we all know the OT is far superior to the PT...BUT...there are some things that didn't work. The PT also gets multiple posts complaining about it. Also, sorry if this has already been a post but I searched and couldn't find anything.

1. Ewoks (OK, that was too easy)
2. Han and Leia flirting (this middle school level banter showed that Lucas was not good with writing this kind of dialogue even back then)
3. Jabba's muppet band (bad...just bad and I'll take CG anyday over muppets in a serious movie)
4. Recycling the Death Star (really....they couldn't think of another type of weapon to build? Cause the first one lasted so long!)
5. Leia's drug-induced voice and all around bad acting in ROTJ (I know Portman gets a lot of criticism but Fisher wasn't all that great either).
5B. OK, Ford was still in great shape for his age but I always found it funny that he gained 20 pounds while frozen in carbonite!!

Well, that's it for me and honestly....it was hard to come up with five after my first three. I guess that shows exactly how much better the OT is...but it's not perfect.

1) First and foremost, it spawned the horrible prequel trilogy. That didn't work for me.
2) Lucas screwed with them in the "Special Editions" and forces us to watch them if we want hi-def Star Wars.
3) Jedi wasn't as good as the other two, I guess. . .
4) Uh, the Kubricks are too expensive?
5) They were too awesome and made subsequent action/sci-fi movies and TV shows look crappy by comparison.

I love the OT but I have a minor nit. It aways bugged me that real weapons were used for props like Han's Mauser or the Stormtroopers MG34. It also bugged me that I recognized some of the parts they used to kit-bash the vehicles; for example, a WWII German Armored car kit was used for the Imperial Walker's ass. I watched alot of WWII documentaries as a kid.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=35286

Great responses guys and I agree that it would have been easier coming up with 5 things that were wrong with Jedi instead of the whole trilogy. Actually, most of mine were from Jedi! :thud:

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

The Vader/Luke/Emperor scenes are the only saving grace for me.

The movie is so flat compared to ANH and ESB.

"It's a trap!!" and seeing the AT-AT on Endor were two other good things from Jedi.

One other thing I didn't like was the Obi Wan vs Vader fight from ANH. It was just so slow and clunky. I realized Obi Wan was old but so was Dooku. They should have gotten a stunt double or something. What makes it even worse was seeing how badass the young Obi Wan was. Oh well, I'm just nitpicking but even as a kid I thought it was lame.

1. Wioslea The Vuvrian Lady (buys Lukes Landspeeder)
Wioslea+THE+VUVRIAN+LADY.jpg

2. LUKE (pointing to the controls) "Quick! Jam their comlink. Center switch!"
speederbike960_2.jpg

3. OBI-WAN fighting lame like an old man, but 700 year old Yoda fighting fast like a hornet
images
images

4. Four heavily-armed stormtroopers move menacingly along a narrow slum alleyway crowed with darkly clad creatures hawking exotic goods in the dingy little stalls. Men, monsters, and robots crouch in the waste-filled doorways, whispering and hiding from the hot winds.
THREEPIO: Lock the door, Artoo.
One of the troopers checks a tightly locked door and moves on down the alleyway.
SandtrooperSideshowPlug.jpg

5. Although looking awesome as hell, why do troops on endor have white armour with no camouflage at all so they turn out to be the easiest aim?!
4348917042_1f4767370c.jpg

Back